View from Forest fans on the train

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Camden Blade

Reaction score
Three of whom all heavily tattooed happened to sit opposite me in First Class when they saw a 'Standard passengers can sit here' sign on the table. Right then:

'Not one of their team would get into our side.' After a little bit of debate. 'Alright, maybe Morgan Gibbs-White but that's it.'
'Heckingbottom is a lower league manager.'
'Sheffield Wednesday are far bigger, Sheffield Wednesday are far bigger.' He had to say it twice.
'They're fans were quiet. They could have encouraged them at corners and free kicks.' A bit of disagreement. His mate said 'No, they were loud. We just quietened them for large spells.'
'Their game plan was not to be behind after the first leg.'
'They lost at home to Reading. They just 'wobbled' into the play-offs.'
'Are you going on the pitch if we win on Tuesday?'
Then some banter about a lad they know in prison. They got off at Derby. Funny thing was they all had thick Brummie accents. They don't speak like that in Nottingham.

In fact whole carriage was full of Forest fans. A young lass in Forest jersey has just protested. 'My shins are sore, my shins are sore. I fucking hate Sheffield.'

Three of whom all heavily tattooed happened to sit opposite me in First Class when they saw a 'Standard passengers can sit here' sign on the table. Right then:

'Not one of their team would get into our side.' After a little bit of debate. 'Alright, maybe Morgan Gibbs-White but that's it.'
'Sheffield Wednesday are far bigger, Sheffield Wednesday are far bigger.' He had to say it twice.
'They're fans were quiet. They could have encouraged them at corners and free kicks.' A bit of disagreement. His mate said 'No, they were loud. We just quietened them for large spells.'
Then some banter about a lad they know in prison. They got off at Derby. Funny thing was they all had thick Brummie accents. They don't speak like that in Nottingham.

In fact whole carriage was full of Forest fans. A young lass in Forest jersey has just protested. 'My shins are sore, my shins are sore. I fucking hate Sheffield.'
Back in scum class on the 17:37 to St Pancras the forest fans we chatted to were a decent lot. They agreed that the game should have been over by half time but that they offered very little second half and were gifted their second.

Talking about teams I’d snatch your hands off for Brennan Johnson but beyond that no one really stood out for them. Spence was quiet today I though.

All to play for in the second leg

I couldn't support a team like that, funny how football twams and areas attract similar personalities.....whatever leauge we're in next season, am thankful to be a blade!!

They have a good team, but they were celebrating as if the tie was already won at 2-0. Whilst our players were feeling sorry for themselves a bit, all I could think sat in the stands was, "their premature celebrations are our team talk for Tuesday". Generally they do come across with a delusion of grandeur like our neighbours and Leeds. They have a history to respect with Brian Clough and the European Cup wins, but their recent history has been average.

I did speak to one Forest fan walking back into town after the game, and to be fair he came across as decent unlike those described by the OP. His comments were "it's not often you win away and feel a bit deflated, but that late goal makes me feel like we'd lost". Also went on to mention about how their play-off record was equally as poor as ours.

Deep down some of their fans will have the same doubts that ours would do in their current position. We were fortunate to come away at 1-2, but it is still game on.

Last edited:
Back in scum class on the 17:37 to St Pancras the forest fans we chatted to were a decent lot. They agreed that the game should have been over by half time but that they offered very little second half and were gifted their second.

Talking about teams I’d snatch your hands off for Brennan Johnson but beyond that no one really stood out for them. Spence was quiet today I though.

All to play for in the second leg
I was on the 6pm. Pint in Sheffield Tap first.

If ever a trains brakes could have failed.......

A group of 4 salad-dodging Florist fans started giving it the big ‘un on Cherry Street post-match and got a deserved shoeing which was quite satisfying to see.

A group of 4 salad-dodging Florist fans started giving it the big ‘un on Cherry Street post-match and got a deserved shoeing which was quite satisfying to see.

Yeh a few of Forest come out singing and wailing arms about, one got clocked and to be fair, he deserved it.

To be fair to them, the home crowd was pretty quiet (myself included) for the majority of the game.
Completely disagree with that. As I said on the atmosphere thread, I'm the first to complain about the atmosphere these days but today I thought it was excellent. It was so loud on the back of the kop I didn't hear the Forest fans once until they went 0-2 up. Reminiscent of days gone by. Great to hear us like that again.

While waiting for the train a forest fan told me it's a shame that we should both go up instead of Fulham and Bournemouth because we have more fans so deserve it. He was a bit confused when I told him they went up for being the two best teams over the course of a season.

To be fair to them, the home crowd was pretty quiet (myself included) for the majority of the game.
I need to get my ears tested then because that was one of the best atmospheres I can recall at Bramall Lane. Understandably we went quiet at 2-0 but even then we still came out with some chants.

Yes one got knocked out outside Industry tap pub before game

When I worked in Birmingham I used to change at Derby from Sheffield, it was cheaper than straight through, so probably brummie florists 🤮🤮

I need to get my ears tested then because that was one of the best atmospheres I can recall at Bramall Lane. Understandably we went quiet at 2-0 but even then we still came out with some chants.

From my position on the south stand it was very quiet

A constant chorus from scabs of ‘is this a library’ should tell us all we need to know about todays atmosphere. I can garuntee the city ground will be hell for us

If ever a trains brakes could have failed.......
Really? Even in jest that's not in the least bit amusing.
Trains have air-brakes, so even the slightest failure of the braking system would cause the brakes to lock on and bring the train to a stop. So not only was it a shitty thing to say even in jest, it was stupid/uneducated 🙂

Back
Top Bottom