Playoff tickets, First Leg

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

You're "e ticket" should be an attachment to your receipt of payment email. Have you checked or not received that either?

I never twigged when I got mine for the Burnley game last season, got in touch with Ticket Office and they put me right.
Thanks Grecian, will try that cheers.

Forest fans having trouble with their ticketing service too

I wish I'd even made it as far as Toddington Services three weeks ago for the Cardiff City game; Junction 14 of the M25 is pretty dull as it is, never mind for three hours.
I wish I could be there on Saturday.

Returned to the UK last summer, bought a season ticket for the first time in donkeys, endured a shit start to the season, left for Qatar the week after we beat Bristol at the Lane, and then we go on an amazing run back to the Prem... be just my luck wouldn't it.

350 tickets left now.

Memo to SAG and Blades Safety Officer if you want to learn how to segregate and steward a game effectively look at the North London Derby tonight. As little as half a dozen seats in between the fans. Arse next to the pitch but no worries about them running on the pitch or Spurs supporters being moved out of their stands to accommodate them.

Proper stewarding taking place in between both sets of fans. Is it too much trouble to consider alternative solutions to the current shabby approach of penalising Home fans and rewarding the law breaking actions of away fans at SUFC.

350 tickets left now.

Memo to SAG and Blades Safety Officer if you want to learn how to segregate and steward a game effectively look at the North London Derby tonight. As little as half a dozen seats in between the fans. Arse next to the pitch but no worries about them running on the pitch or Spurs supporters being moved out of their stands to accommodate them.

Proper stewarding taking place in between both sets of fans. Is it too much trouble to consider alternative solutions to the current shabby approach of penalising Home fans and rewarding the law breaking actions of away fans at SUFC.
Same with Celtic v Rangers, same last night Leeds v Chelsea.

Remember the (2-2?) derby match at the lane when Wednesday had every other row on upper tier? Never seen this done before, or since, at any ground. Was bizarre. Plus the obsession with that bloody gret barrier on BL which I'm sure served the purpose of guiding a shit ton of Millwall fans on their flag day to a group of United fans in a plod free zone a few streets down where bedlam ensued.

This game would sell out extremely quickly if the club didn't make it so difficult for casual fans and new fans to buy tickets. I think people on this forum often find this difficult to comprehend because they themselves are very committed.

Our average home attendance was the highest in the Championship this year (26,005 when you subtract away fans, as per EFL stats on Twitter). Usually, for a big game, a club would add on quite a few thousand to their average figure with casual fans who don't attend every week, or new fans coming along for the first time. The reason we struggle to add to our average attendance, even for a massive game, is because SUFC makes it so difficult for these groups to buy tickets, to the point that they just don't attend in large numbers.

I think there are two main ways in which SUFC is deterring new and casual fans:

1) Purchase history:
For the Forest game, as for any game where the away end is likely to sell out, a purchase history is required in order to buy a ticket. This means that new fans, for example students, kids, or just anyone who hasn't been before, are literally banned from attending. The club says this is to stop away fans getting in the home end. In my opinion, this policy is an overreaction and prevents SUFC growing its fanbase. Big games are when new fans get excited about following the Blades. We are wasting that opportunity, as well as reducing our chances of selling out the stadium.

2) Website and ticketing system:
If you're used to it, it works OK. If you're not, it doesn't. The one ticket per supporter rule and the fact that every ticket has to be allocated to a registered supporter makes buying tickets for a group a confusing faff. I've previously taken extended family from Kent to a game, which meant I had to make an account for each of them on the website and add them all as friends and family before I could buy the tickets. I know some of you will think that this isn't too much effort, or that we don't need casual fans at the games anyway, but the fact is that it's complicated and time consuming and puts people off attending. I've been to games at stadiums around the country and it's nowhere near as difficult anywhere else, and this contributes to why other clubs sell out their stadiums more easily for big games.

In my opinion the club is hindering itself with these policies: reducing our financial income, inhibiting the growth of the fanbase and of course reducing the support available to the players on matchdays. Plus it's obviously a bad look for the club when there are lots of empty seats visible at a big game.

The club says Forest tickets are now on 'general sale', but this isn't true. They're on general sale if you've got a purchase history and are able/ willing to clear administrative hurdles on a clunky website. I'm an ex-season ticket holder now living outside Sheffield, so I only attend occasionally these days. Whenever I do, especially if I'm buying tickets for a group or taking someone new, I'm amazed at how difficult the club makes it!

This game would sell out extremely quickly if the club didn't make it so difficult for casual fans and new fans to buy tickets. I think people on this forum often find this difficult to comprehend because they themselves are very committed.

Our average home attendance was the highest in the Championship this year (26,005 when you subtract away fans, as per EFL stats on Twitter). Usually, for a big game, a club would add on quite a few thousand to their average figure with casual fans who don't attend every week, or new fans coming along for the first time. The reason we struggle to add to our average attendance, even for a massive game, is because SUFC makes it so difficult for these groups to buy tickets, to the point that they just don't attend in large numbers.

1) Purchase history:
For the Forest game, as for any game where the away end is likely to sell out, a purchase history is required in order to buy a ticket. This means that new fans, for example students, kids, or just anyone who hasn't been before, are literally banned from attending. The club says this is to stop away fans getting in the home end. In my opinion, this policy is an overreaction and prevents SUFC growing its fanbase. Big games are when new fans get excited about following the Blades. We are wasting that opportunity, as well as reducing our chances of selling out the stadium.

If you're used to it, it works OK. If you're not, it doesn't. The one ticket per supporter rule and the fact that every ticket has to be allocated to a registered supporter makes buying tickets for a group a confusing faff. I've previously taken extended family from Kent to a game, which meant I had to make an account for each of them on the website and add them all as friends and family before I could buy the tickets. I know some of you will think that this isn't too much effort, or that we don't need casual fans at the games anyway, but the fact is that it's complicated and time consuming and puts people off attending. I've been to games at stadiums around the country and it's nowhere near as difficult anywhere else, and this contributes to why other clubs sell out their stadiums more easily for big games.

In my opinion the club is hindering itself with these policies: reducing our financial income, inhibiting the growth of the fanbase and of course reducing the support available to the players on matchdays. Plus it's obviously a bad look for the club when there are lots of empty seats visible at a big game.

The club says Forest tickets are now on 'general sale', but this isn't true. They're on general sale if you've got a purchase history and are able/ willing to clear administrative hurdles on a clunky website. I'm an ex-season ticket holder now living outside Sheffield, so I only attend occasionally these days. Whenever I do, especially if I'm buying tickets for a group or taking someone new, I'm amazed at how difficult the club makes it!
What a fucking brilliant post and bang on the money. 👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏

1) Purchase history:

Very well said. Especially point 1.

I can’t begin to tell you what I’ve had to do to get tickets for this game, and I’m talking from someone who has been to every home game bar a couple and quite a lot of away games, we are ran like a non league club.

1) Purchase history:

Is that first point true? Surely there must be a way for people with no purchase history to buy tickets, otherwise how do we generate new fans? Or have the club imposed extra restrictions just for this game?

The atmosphere at this Spurs game shows what a difference a loud home crowd can make...

And with home and away fans stood four inches away from each other

Our local authorities, SAG and SYP and the club themselves are hell bent on killing any sort of atmosphere at all of our games, the more important the game, the more they start fucking about

Is that first point true? Surely there must be a way for people with no purchase history to buy tickets, otherwise how do we generate new fans? Or have the club imposed extra restrictions just for this game?
It specifically says you must have purchase history to get a ticket for this game.

It's absolutely true! See screenshot. And it was true for almost every game in the Premier League. Honestly I think it's amazing we sell as many tickets as we do given the number of hurdles we put up.

I ended up going to the Crystal Palace home game in 2019 (first home game back in the PL) at the last minute because it wasn't sold out. That was the first time I noticed the rule. Imagine all the potential new fans (especially kids) who might've been excited to attend a PL match (and potentially become lifelong fans) but were specifically prevented from doing so by the club!

My understanding is that the club will only allow fans to buy home tickets without a previous purchase history if it's confirmed that the away end hasn't sold out (because then there would be no reason for away fans to try and sit in the home end). In the case of that Crystal Palace game, Palace informed SUFC a couple of days before the game that they hadn't sold out their allocation and tickets were then made available to fans without a purchase history. But obviously that's too late, people have already made plans or been told they can't get a ticket, and ultimately there were loads of empty seats around me for a game which again would easily have sold out with a sensible ticketing policy.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220512_154424_com.android.chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220512_154424_com.android.chrome.jpg
    480 KB · Views: 24

1) Purchase history:

Spot on pal. Something is seriously wrong when you are not allowed to buy your kids a ticket because they have no purchase history. If our lass wanted to tag along she wouldn't be able to get a ticket' no purchase history again even though she has a customer number, tried adding her to Friends and Family that was no help I could only add her as a friend but not as close family, basically if you have never bought your own ticket you are banned even if you have been to plenty other games. This is why the pigs can sell out in no time once tickets go on general sale the wives and that tag along or as they say they come out of the woodwork.
Only SUFC make it so hard for casual or new supporters it really is amazing how we have manage to build such a good fanbase since 2000 when run of the mill games attracted 15,000.

Back
Top Bottom