Agenda

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

robbiez666

Reaction score
It's become clear now we've hit a sticky patch that many of our fans had already written off Heckingbottom on the first day he took over and refused to give him any sort of chance.

Despite going on a great run, many decided that we had "the best squad in the league", or it was nothing to do with him but the players just "playing as they should be in the Championship" or he was "just copying Wilder's tactics" and refused to give him any credit.

Despite the fact we have an injury crisis the likes of which we've never seen, a few bad performances and results have resulted in calls for him to go and abuse. You can almost feel the joy these people have with being able to slag him off. They've been waiting for it since he signed.

No doubt the same footballing geniuses were the ones slagging off Jebbison or Gordon when they haven't suddenly been top Championship players or adequate replacements for two of the most senior players at the club. The same 'fans' who slagged Ramsdale off when he had a poor start and refuse to give him any credit. The same fans who have taken great joy is slagging off player after player at the first given opportunity.

It's no wonder this club never has any periods of success. The first people to get on the back of the players and the managers are the fans. Over and over and over again.

We were 16th when the current management team took over. We are now 8th. 1 point off the play-offs. The new management team has spent no money. They've had to get rid of several high earners, leaving us short of players. They've had to get results during the worst injury crisis I've ever seen. During a period where we've been playing 3 games every week due to COVID.

They might not be the answer, but at least give them a chance.

• Banned
We could play a lot better than yesterday and still not win them all.
We have 3 very tough games in those 5.
We'll do well to get 9 points from them.

I don't think we'll win all our home games. It's going to be tight. I think Boro and Forest will be 3rd and 4th. It's those other two spots. If we win our game in hand of Huddersfield/Blackburn and so does Luton we'd be 7th but only a couple of points behind 5th and 6th. I doubt anyone will be winning most of their games. I think it will come down to the last game. If we get strikers back.

Screenshot (425).png

It's become clear now we've hit a sticky patch that many of our fans had already written off Heckingbottom on the first day he took over and refused to give him any sort of chance.

Despite going on a great run, many decided that we had "the best squad in the league", or it was nothing to do with him but the players just "playing as they should be in the Championship" or he was "just copying Wilder's tactics" and refused to give him any credit.

Despite the fact we have an injury crisis the likes of which we've never seen, a few bad performances and results have resulted in calls for him to go and abuse. You can almost feel the joy these people have with being able to slag him off. They've been waiting for it since he signed.

No doubt the same footballing geniuses were the ones slagging off Jebbison or Gordon when they haven't suddenly been top Championship players or adequate replacements for two of the most senior players at the club. The same 'fans' who slagged Ramsdale off when he had a poor start and refuse to give him any credit. The same fans who have taken great joy is slagging off player after player at the first given opportunity.

It's no wonder this club never has any periods of success. The first people to get on the back of the players and the managers are the fans. Over and over and over again.

We were 16th when the current management team took over. We are now 8th. 1 point off the play-offs. The new management team has spent no money. They've had to get rid of several high earners, leaving us short of players. They've had to get results during the worst injury crisis I've ever seen. During a period where we've been playing 3 games every week due to COVID.

Bravo 👏🏻

I don't think we'll win all our home games. It's going to be tight. I think Boro and Forest will be 3rd and 4th. It's those other two spots. If we win our game in hand of Huddersfield/Blackburn and so does Luton we'd be 7th but only a couple of points behind 5th and 6th. I doubt anyone will be winning most of their games. I think it will come down to the last game. If we get strikers back.

View attachment 133422
I predicted quite a while ago

Hudds
Firest
Midds
Us

Still think this

We are all entitled to our opinions.
If it was a one off performance then you are right it is ridiculous but its not a one off performance, and maybe a few more fans are starting to realise he's a poor manager.
As for the youngsters, again some off our fans wear blinkers when it comes too them, mostly because of the success we have had over the years, but in reality they are not yet ready or good enough for Championship football. I never really slag any player off that pulls on the Red and White shirt and too be fair I haven't seen anyone having a go at them.
The problem is you obviously think Hecky was a good appointment I don't but I hope you are right and I am wrong and if that is the case I will be the first on here to apologies, I honestly will not take any pleasure if I am right I would sooner get promoted with Hecky than not just to be proved right.

The problem is you obviously think Hecky was a good appointment I don't
Do I? I said I was prepared to give him a fair crack of the whip and you seemingly aren't. He's certainly done well over the course of his tenure, so far. We've gone from 16th to 8th with no resources, fixture congestion and an injury crisis. Yet a 'good manager' would have won yesterday despite not having a senior striker?

Hecky was given a five year contract and no transfer budget to get the club into Europe within 5 years. If he can’t do that he’s sacked. Not a bad deal, if we had a squad capable of getting to the PL this year ……….

Seriously though, I don’t believe that the owmer, manager and the board expected we might have half a chance this season. The fans didn’t expect it either apparently.

That is down to Heckinbottom.

People need to calm down a bit. If we win on Tuesday we can go 4th.

Either way, think where we were when Hecky came in. Many, myself included feared the worst. Who’d had thought we’d be competing right up to the end of the season?

Massive overreaction as usual from familiar voices. Yes we were shit and we have been away from home for some time but let's look at the bigger picture.

Need to win 3 if not 4 of the home games and somehow try and win one of the two (?) aways to stand a chance. On our day we're as good as anything in the play offs so I don't quite get the doom and gloom but it's clear we need to be much better than yesterday.

I was hugely against Hecky being appointed, but he's surprised me in every aspect so far - Not a single complaint from me with how he's changed us. We've been hit by a crazy amount of long term injuries, no manager is going to keep results flowing when faced by this many injuries. It's a different level, but look at Liverpool last season with a long injury list - 30 point drop off from their previous year!

Hecky was given a five year contract and no transfer budget to get the club into Europe within 5 years. If he can’t do that he’s sacked. Not a bad deal, if we had a squad capable of getting to the PL this year ……….

Seriously though, I don’t believe that the owmer, manager and the board expected we might have half a chance this season. The fans didn’t expect it either apparently.

That is down to Heckinbottom.

Nothing to do with our rubbish start under the previous manager then?

Nothing to do with our rubbish start under the previous manager then?
I might be misreading it, but I got the impression that he meant we're in with a shout of promotion/playoffs because of Hecky?

I think Boro and Forest will be 3rd and 4th.
I agree mate, though I did have Forest down for 2nd before Bournemouth sorted themselves out.
That still might happen, but less likely now the games are running out.
I had Boro down for 3rd and winning PO final, but suspect Forest will win at Wembley if they don't manage to catch Bournemouth.
Fair play to them. They've turned their season round in an even more spectacular way than us and will deserve it imo.

If forest do go up, we may at least get a decent fee for Lowe

QPR Bournemouth and reading at Bramall Lane. nine points will be great. seven will do me.

The fact that we are, where we are, in the table, is incredible if you think about it.

When we lost Coutts, it knocked us for six. When we lost JOC, same (but on a bigger scale).

We've lost McGoldrick, Bogle, Brewster, Enda, Basham (for now), Ollie Mc B (yesterday), Billy (yesterday), we got Charlie Goode in, he got injured.

We've had to blood a few youngsters, with varying degrees of success.

To be still in with the chance of a play off spot is amazing.

The fact that we are, where we are, in the table, is incredible if you think about it.

When we lost Coutts, it knocked us for six. When we lost JOC, same (but on a bigger scale).

We've lost McGoldrick, Bogle, Brewster, Enda, Basham (for now), Ollie Mc B (yesterday), Billy (yesterday), we got Charlie Goode in, he got injured.

We've had to blood a few youngsters, with varying degrees of success.

To be still in with the chance of a play off spot is amazing.
well said.
Cant believe folk on here cutting Hecky no slack.

View attachment 133422
And the last game is against ......... Title winning Fulham !!1

Well I didn’t and won’t slag the kids off I slagged the Manager for his inability to deal with Coventry from minute 28 onwards and let them run us ragged when a change of system was ca led for
I slagged him off for the team he set up at Huddersfield not to lose
I worried with how the work rate of 9 outfield players for Cardiff and Preston had us with a man advantage panicking

I agree we dug in against Forest but even with 11 we were poor

I didn’t like his rotation away from home and performances have never looked at a serious promotion level away from home it was obvious the results away wasn't sustainable
Fulham was us doing what Blackpool did to us
Absolutely I don’t want him to fail

But Christ look at his record at other clubs theres a common denominator- injury pile ups at them all.

Losing Bash Bogle and the developing Brewster is harsh I agree

I do think that the kids thrown in have shown odd glimpses of potential however compared to other similar aged players at other clubs who are making an impact at this level they are way behind technically ability wise and we physically

But that doesn’t mean they won’t develop they probably need another season or two

Forest have been playing as much as us they have injuries as have all the others around us

We have a top heavy slow squad without any real skilled individuals other than a loan player who lets be honest can’t do it

And, five home games left, two away.

Back
Top Bottom