Ref watch

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Whatever happened to his reffing career all he is doing now is Lge 1 and Lge 2.
He had a few personal issues a couple of years ago. There was a bit of press about it at the time (I think it was something about sending a video to someone mocking a disabled person). They took him out for a while to get himself sorted and he has now been brought back gradually in the lower leagues but they use him as a trainer as well for those who climbing. His older brother, Andrew, is in the Prem.

Sheffield United FC (First Team) v MIDDLESBROUGH (First Team)
Football League Championship
Referee: Robinson, Tim
Assistant Referee: Meredith, Steven
Assistant Referee: Lugg, Nigel
Fourth Official: Busby, John

Did the first game of the season and booked 7 players.
1646646633616.png

You know what they say about 3 buses dont you,hope he is not the 3rd cunt in a row.

View attachment 131747

You know what they say about 3 buses dont you,hope he is not the 3rd cunt in a row.
I think 6 of those 7 bookings were Birmingham players, 5 of them for sything Berge down!

View attachment 131747

This guy is as good a Championship ref as we will get.

He had a few personal issues a couple of years ago. There was a bit of press about it at the time (I think it was something about sending a video to someone mocking a disabled person). They took him out for a while to get himself sorted and he has now been brought back gradually in the lower leagues but they use him as a trainer as well for those who climbing. His older brother, Andrew, is in the Prem.
Robert Madley has a brother who is also a professional referee how disconcerting.
Picture, a family Sunday lunch gathering, Madley brothers discussing work, don't fit well wi' me.
I thought they were like Trappist monks, locked away in their cells with the Rules of Association Football Book/Bible for dalliance, being brought out to officiate a game when required, thence returned to their cells for meditations and reappraisal of their labour.
I shall from now, look on A.F. referees in the light of #172, so eloquently expressed, and with tremendous artistic aplomb, love the art work, you must be pro., that they must all be Charlie Uniform November Tango's.

Tim Robinson eh, can't be any worse than he was opening for England!
Thought the ref had a decent game last night. Apart from taking ages to make a decision. The linesman on the John Street side obviously didn't help him. The only time I shouted at the TV was when they failed to notice the boro player dribbling the ball outside the touch line.

Thought the ref had a decent game last night. Apart from taking ages to make a decision. The linesman on the John Street side obviously didn't help him. The only time I shouted at the TV was when they failed to notice the boro player dribbling the ball outside the touch line.

It wasn't an easy game for the ref last night but overall I thought he managed it fairly well. He got the key decisions correct, apart from CH's caution, which in my opinion wasn't warranted. I thought he got Boro's claim for a pen/FK in the first half correct - it was just a coming together. He could/should also have made a point of penalising the Sharp/CBs wrestling whenever the ball was played up to him to make a point. as it was in danger of becoming an issue.

He was getting plenty of backchat from both sets of players, particularly Boro's which he could have handled better - he seemed to argue the point rather than ignoring or dealing via captains.

The assistants didn't 'assist' him particularly well although the 4th Official was more prominent and actively managed both benches more than is usually the case. He could have done with better support from his assistant in the second half when he brought play back for a DFK to Boro when the assistant missed an obvious foul and was instead looking across the line.

We've certainly seem worse performances from referees this season.

It wasn't an easy game for the ref last night but overall I thought he managed it fairly well. He got the key decisions correct, apart from CH's caution, which in my opinion wasn't warranted. I thought he got Boro's claim for a pen/FK in the first half correct - it was just a coming together. He could/should also have made a point of penalising the Sharp/CBs wrestling whenever the ball was played up to him to make a point. as it was in danger of becoming an issue.

He was getting plenty of backchat from both sets of players, particularly Boro's which he could have handled better - he seemed to argue the point rather than ignoring or dealing via captains.

The assistants didn't 'assist' him particularly well although the 4th Official was more prominent and actively managed both benches more than is usually the case. He could have done with better support from his assistant in the second half when he brought play back for a DFK to Boro when the assistant missed an obvious foul and was instead looking across the line.

We've certainly seem worse performances from referees this season.

Agreed. Snowflake mentioned he'd be as good a Championship ref as we'd get and he/she was correct.

On first look on the red button it looked as though Peltier had nutted Billy in their incident - assuming that wasn't the case, then I think he dealt with that incident very well. Calmed down relatively quickly, utilised his fourth official, and didn't rush the decision.

Didn't get a replay for the RND incident, but did look like a penalty at first glance.

Agreed. Snowflake mentioned he'd be as good a Championship ref as we'd get and he/she was correct.

On first look on the red button it looked as though Peltier had nutted Billy in their incident - assuming that wasn't the case, then I think he dealt with that incident very well. Calmed down relatively quickly, utilised his fourth official, and didn't rush the decision.

Didn't get a replay for the RND incident, but did look like a penalty at first glance.

No headbuts in the Sharp/Peltier incident from what I saw - a few naughties from Sharp while standing over Peltier though, which led to Peltier's reaction. The ref took the standard approach for dealing with such incidents that lead to a mass con - caution those on both sides that started it and then deal with anyone else as required - in this case MGW for his needless adopting of an aggressive attitude.

The RND incident was outside of the box so would only have been a DFK - RND did get caught on the wrong side of Jones but IMHO there wasn't much in it and Jones went down too easily.

He rarely has a bad game and I thought last night he was really good.
PS I am a he 😏

Referee for Barnsley… our friend Mr Donohue… again…

Sheffield United FC (First Team) v Barnsley FC (First Team)
Referee: Donohue, Matthew
Assistant Referee: Dermott, Philip
Assistant Referee: Hodskinson, Paul
Fourth Official: Martin, Stephen

Please footballing gods! Nooooooooooo

Rootshallbloke I believe Mr Donohue is a big Southend fan despite moving to Manchester

In the English league we buy players from abroad so why can’t we get some referees from abroad? More choice all the British referees seem to be about 60 and can’t keep up and get conned by the players like tonight.

In the English league we buy players from abroad so why can’t we get some referees from abroad? More choice all the British referees seem to be about 60 and can’t keep up and get conned by the players like tonight.

Less bias if we try that.

That ref was shocking, I could see better when I was handing behind the settee when dr.who was getting zapped by the darleks !

Might aswell start booing now

They're all shit. Its quite incredible just how bad they are. Its just accepted now that our officials are shit.

They're all shit. Its quite incredible just how bad they are. Its just accepted now that our officials are shit.
I was amazed at how quickly the ref lost control of our game v Middlesbrough. They make a rod for their own back when they do something stupid so early on in a game.

If they let a tough tackle go without a yellow or dont give a foul for something a bit OTT then they feel under pressure to even it up and they just end up guessing for the rest of the game.

Back
Top Bottom