Norrington Davies

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Rhys was at Fulham last night. Doing sprints & beeps up & down the cones on the pitch. One on one with a fizz who I'm guessing was running him (literally) through part of his rehab. To my untrained eye, moving normally. Looked to be really working hard.

(It would be an educated guess, but by the time Heckingbottom took over from Andrew Hughes as U23 lead, Rhys would have been deep into his loan out spells. I doubt Heckingbottom worked much with Rhys as an Academy player)
Looked delighted after the game, high fiving Hecky and Lester.

1640123767461.png

I would be inclined to bring Lowe back and send RND as a replacement to Forest.
Yep good idea, now we’re playing 5 at the back i definitely feel Lowe has a purpose here, might be difficult though as id imagine the board has ear marked him to leave in Jan

I’m not sure I’d ship either out permanently tbh if we’re going to be strapped for cash for the foreseeable. Enda has a rapidly approaching expiration date approaching yes he’s playing better now than at the start of the season but he’s not setting the world alight and prior to this had an abysmal 18 months added onto this his likely wage and he won’t be a building block for the long term. In addition to this we’ve just signed a development leftback for the 23’s as the only other one we had in Boyes is out on loan in none league so it isn’t reasonable to expect the academy to produce a first team leftback any time soon. In that context unless we recruit from outside RND and Lowe are our only long term options at the position. Until such a time as we see what the new recruitment policy looks like it would be unwise to ship out a young championship proven leftback

I would be inclined to bring Lowe back and send RND as a replacement to Forest.
I get your logic but it isn't like a temp agency where we'll just send along a replacement. It will require Forest to agree to sign him. 😉

To be fair why would we help them? He might help them get a leg up in the play offs. Better to pull him back with about ten seconds to go in the window and leave them short of a first choice left back for the rest of the season!

Like many other players RND gets a reset from me now we have a new manager in, playing a different style.

The reason I resurrected this thread was because he hasn't yet made the bench under Hecky - I didn't realise he'd been injured

His end product was really poor again today.
A number of chances fell to him and he had no composure.

What's the situation with Max Lowe?

Yup. His shooting foot is made of bent lettuce.
That's what happens when all your half chances fall at the feet of your full back come wing back

He's not good enough imo. Stevens is better but we should prioritise this position in the summer.

We have a lad out on loan, playing at a team above us in the league that's earning rave reviews every time he plays. It just seems like madness when we might be able to go some way to resolving the issue now.

We have a lad out on loan, playing at a team above us in the league that's earning rave reviews every time he plays. It just seems like madness when we might be able to go some way to resolving the issue now.
We had the same situation at RB last season with RND out on loan in Championship getting rave reviews for Stoke and Wales, but ultimately hasnt resolved the issue for us.
Having said that I agree with you and would bring Lowe back asap. UTB

We had the same situation at RB last season with RND out on loan in Championship getting rave reviews for Stoke and Wales, but ultimately hasnt resolved the issue for us.
Having said that I agree with you and would bring Lowe back asap. UTB

I don't think he did get "rave reviews" on the same scale.

When Lowe was sent out on loan I doubt most batted an eyelid. In fact I'd guess the vast majority probably welcomed it because he'd been largely poor for us and is reportedly on £15k a week.

Last edited:
He's like Baldock, can't cross, can't shoot, but defensively worse than GB.

We bought Bogle and Lowe in at the same time.

Bogle has displaced Baldock... Time for Lowe to displace RND/Stevens.

Surely must be a recall clause in there.

When Lowe was sent out on loan I doubt most batted an eyelid. In fact I'd guess the vast majority probably welcomed it because he'd been largely poor for us and is reportedly on £15k a week.

Last season he looked like a kid who’d won a competition every time he set foot on the pitch. Now apparently he’s the new Roberto Carlos. I’d like to see evidence of it before making judgement.

My theory is RND will never be more than a 7/10 maximum as a wing back.

Struggles positionally as attacking isn’t really his game. He’d have a great career ahead of him either here or elsewhere playing as an orthodox LB.

His best game for us was the cameo at LCB I thought. That said he was ok yesterday but could've scored 5 or 6 if he was a little more composed.

His best league performance for sure.
But was better in the cup at Wolves.
His crossing needs to improve doesn't it, but he's improving week on week for me, and hopefully will continue to do so.
Not only is his crossing weak, but his passing is really bad. He has to stop crashing into the back of attackers as we all know they will fall and get a free kick.

Thought Rhys played very well today.
Still only 22, really athletic, give the lad a chance. We’re so quick to write off young players it’s unbelievable.

Yes end product to improve, but great whipped cross for the first goal.
I'd leave him in, every game he plays he will be learning and getting better, how many times have we dismissed younger players because they're not ripping it up every game, and then sell them only for them to become really good, next season him and Lowe to fight it out for that spot

Back
Top Bottom