Favourite spontaneous Blades chants?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

(Apologies, this is not a Utd chant)
League Cup a few years back, Plymouth v Southampton; bad foul by a Southampton player, and the Plymouth fans started chanting. ‘You dirty northern bastards’.
I was going to post hearing that at a. Exeter v Plymouth game , when a bad tackle by an Exeter player brought that response

I was going to post hearing that at a. Exeter v Plymouth game , when a bad tackle by an Exeter player brought that response
Given my memory, it is probably that one I was thinking about. Or was it Truro fans about Exeter?🤣 I thought it was original and funny, but they probably all do it down there…

Bury away, League one, 2012, Bury had sold us three sides of their ground, as it made financial sense, we packed it out and we won 3 nil (Richard Cresswell, Ched Evans and Lee Williamson). We were never in any real danger, and as Ched scored the second, a load of younger Blades started a Conga line, and spent the next 15 minutes or more, doing the Conga around the ground, singing something like "the line keeps getting longer, cos the Blades are doing the Conga, na na na na, oooo, na na na na oooo".

I can remember at a home game in the late 70’s when a dog as big as a ‘Border Collie’, ran all over the pitch when the game was on, to a loud chorus of:
”There’s only one Jackie Charlton-One Jackie Charlton“
And I am sure every time the dog evaded capture a cheer went up just like the cheers when a series of completed passes happens.

During the February 1974 general election campaign: “HEATH OUT! HEATH OUT!”
(Note to younger readers; Edward Heath was the Tory prime minister; no relation to Adrian.)

September 1967 v. Newcastle. The game after we had sold Mick Jones to Leeds.

'Michael Jones, Michael Jones is it true what Dick Wragg says, you're not coming home'. (to the tune of Grocer Jack excert from a Teenage Opera)

End of the season away match 1994 at Oldham.

'You're going down with Swindon Town'

We didn't realise that we'd also be joining them!

Scunny sacked their manager Neil Cox, before their ultras could shout....'COX OUT'.
True story.
Seem to recall Brizzle used to have a manager called Alan Dicks, when he was on the verge of sacking the home side were shouting "Dicks out!" and the opposition team (Newcastle?) who were also doing crap, had a manager called Cox. Their fans were shouting "Cox out!" 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Preston away at one of the early new season games following our play-off final defeat v Wolves ?- ( correct me if Im wrong on this )
The away fans were housed behind the goal (as usual) but only had about half of the stand separated by a line of stewards & seats cordoned off with the home fans occupying the other half. There was an early chant from the Preston fans - "Cry on the tele we saw you cry on the tele" followed by an almost spontaneous reply from the Utd fans of "Been on the tele You've never been on the tele". Even the home fans were laughing. T'was a quality moment indeed 🤣

'Michael Jones, Michael Jones is it true what Dick Wragg says, you're not coming home'. (to the tune of Grocer Jack excert from a Teenage Opera)
'Alan Ball, Alan Ball, is it right what Currie says that you're fuck all, oh Alan Ball'

From 1973 (I think), when Tony Currie sat on the ball as we were 5-0 up against Arsenal, reciprocating Alan Ball doing the same, when they were 5-0 up the season before.

Town full of smack heads at Hull this season made me chuckle.

Couple of good new chants last night.....

"aye, aye Illiam Ndiaye" to the tune of "aye, aye yippee, yippee aye"....went on for ages that.

Then right at the end to the tune of Status Quo "Rockin all Over the World"........and I like it, I like it....(and so on).....here we gooooo-ooooh, Hecky and Stuart McCall..

Was a brilliant night last night, we genuinely didn't shut up for 90 minutes.....Fulham fans are a fucking odd bunch, absolutely zero passion and wouldn't rise to anything...

Back
Top Bottom