Paul Finnish Bottom

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Reaction score
As always I’ll follow my team but I feel we have moved onto the end game with this appointment and statements this afternoon, in no sense does he warrant a 4 1/2 year contract, PA clearly wants to sell surely , all outs in January Berge and few others gone if we can raise funds, youngsters coming in means a very difficult second half of the season.
It’s a shocking fall from grace from where we got to, I appreciate that nothing last forever but fuck me 9th in the premier league to announcing this guy on such a long contract and selling the family silverware to boot
Absolute bollocks being spoken at the press conference to levels we haven’t seen before.
I fear this will get ugly and fast
Strap in and hold on ⚔️⚔️⚔️

We don’t know what the contract says.
Why should the current players not perform as they have been doing and comfortably keep us in the league whist we regroup ?
What will we have left after the January sales go ahead

The idea there will some sort of fire sale is funny. We won't be able to give the players away with the contracts they are on
Depends on exactly how desperate things are I suppose, we don’t know but if you have heard the press conference they openly say players leaving none coming in

What will we have left after the January sales go ahead
Nobody is coming in for our players in January.

The only possible one, whose injury allows him to dine out in the final scraps of a lost reputation, is Berge - if we’d accept £5m. And our record with him in the team tells us that sale won’t impact our season.

Always think January is a really weird transfer window and there’s alway loads of inept football clubs & managers kicking around to make sure plenty of shit players get another contract at ridiculous wages

Depends on exactly how desperate things are I suppose, we don’t know but if you have heard the press conference they openly say players leaving none coming in

We tried to off-load them in the last window and nobody came in. Unless we are willing to pay half the wages, I don't see anybody coming in for our players. Certainly not on permanents

Nobody is coming in for our players in January.

The only possible one, whose injury allows him to dine out in the final scraps of a lost reputation, is Berge - if we’d accept £5m. And our record with him in the team tells us that sale won’t impact our season.
Take your point about Berge being our only saleable asset but think he'll go at double your valuation, minimum, albeit at a massive loss.

You beat be to it.
I personally think you will find that the following could move out in Jan: -

Berge > £15m (he is probably still worth that sort of money, based upon his previous history prior to with us and potential) Don't be surprised to see a move to the barcodes, with their new found wealth, Tindall and the Prince connection.
Moose > Up to £1m and wages off the books. Jebson will return from loan.
Burke > Up to £1m or loan to a view and wages off the books.
Olsen > Loan terminated.
Hourihane > Loan terminated.
Egan > If a good offer comes in, he will be gone and I also think that if it's prem club, that he will also push for the move.
Boldock > Same as Egan.

The summer may see one of the kids being sold to raise revenue?

Incomings in Jan will be zero and in the Summer may see a few free transfers in midfield and defence.

Last edited:
As always I’ll follow my team but I feel we have moved onto the end game with this appointment and statements this afternoon, in no sense does he warrant a 4 1/2 year contract, PA clearly wants to sell surely , all outs in January Berge and few others gone if we can raise funds, youngsters coming in means a very difficult second half of the season.
It’s a shocking fall from grace from where we got to, I appreciate that nothing last forever but fuck me 9th in the premier league to announcing this guy on such a long contract and selling the family silverware to boot
Absolute bollocks being spoken at the press conference to levels we haven’t seen before.
I fear this will get ugly and fast
Strap in and hold on ⚔️⚔️⚔️
What family silver. They re absolutely fucking useless and no exception to that.
Not Sharp.
Not fucking McGoldrick.
Not Basham.
All utterly fucking useless.

Berge > £15m (he is probably still worth that sort of money, based upon his previous history prior to with us and potential) Don't be surprised to see a move to the barcodes, with their new found wealth, Tindall and the Prince connection.
Olsen > Loan terminated.
Egan > If a good offer comes in, he will be gone and I also think that if it's prem club, that he will also push for the move.
Boldock > Same as Egan.

Incomings in Jan will be zero and in the Summer may see a few free transfers in midfield and defence.
Agree with most of that, only thing I would argue, Egan hasn't exactly covered himself in glory this season, although you could say his performances with Ireland have kept his profile high, but just who from the PL would be interested, Burnley if their CHs depart for Newcastle?

Baldock and Bogle lookout. The club has recalled Femi Seriki from his loan to Beerschot he only managed to play for 6 minutes.

Olsen > Loan terminated.
Boldock > Same as Egan.

Not a single one on that list that I'd give a monkeys about if they left. Genuinely.

He's no finnish

Olsen > Loan terminated.
Boldock > Same as Egan.

This is one of the more mental posts I've seen today.

Back
Top Bottom