Jokanovic has told The Star…

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I agree on the first three but by virtue of their written down values (net book value or NBV) the fees won't need to be much for us to record a profit. Someone somewhere will be stupid enough to give us £1.5m for Burke.

McBurnie is the one we'll lose money on. 2.5 years into a 4 year deal, NBV £6.75m

Burke 1.5 years into a 3 year deal, NBV £1.5m

Freeman 2.5 years into a 4 year deal, NBV £1.5m

Baldock has virtually no NBV, Enda doesn't as he joined on a free. Any fees received for either of those is going to be profit.

The issue will we get enough back to cover what we still owe on them.

The issue will we get enough back to cover what we still owe on them.
I have a feeling that our outstanding payments are virtually nil. Burke was a part-exchange; QPR would have insisted on the release clause in Freeman's contract being paid up front (and at £4m that wasn't a lot for a PL club) and I believe that Swansea wanted most, if not all, of the initial McBurnie payment early to cover the drop in their parachute payments.

I have a feeling that our outstanding payments are virtually nil. Burke was a part-exchange; QPR would have insisted on the release clause in Freeman's contract being paid up front (and at £4m that wasn't a lot for a PL club) and I believe that Swansea wanted most, if not all, of the initial McBurnie payment early to cover the drop in their parachute payments.

So that’s Weer summert munnehs gone......

Didn't the Prince say in that interview that we'd structured the payments differently to normal, with most of money we owed on most of the transfers being paid upfront?

It's the reason why I don't understand why we have no money.

Didn't the Prince say in that interview that we'd structured the payments differently to normal, with most of money we owed on most of the transfers being paid upfront?

We don't have any money because we have spent 80% of our turnover on wages (cash out) as well as investing 40% of our turnover in capital assets paid for up front.

McBurnie, he might be shit but at least we own him outright 😂

He's been greatly depreciated since he joined. Pity player registration transfer fees are intangible assets otherwise that would work on multiple levels #sadaccountancyjoke
Carrying on the thread..... He's been written off by many, me included.

Yes, I think it was that the vast majority of payments for signings in season one had been payed up front. It was the youtube fan forum if memory serves.

Dozed off watching tv and woke up thinking there was a news item about Burke being sold. Turned out it was actually Bargain Hunt……

Maybe we do have money and are being smokescreened

Back
Top Bottom