Lack of professionalism

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Or at least wait a week for the international break.

Most of the squad have always gone out over the years during the season.

I agree though with the way they have been performing if I was them I'd wait for the international break.

I regularly get into the stadium at 2.55 when I'm not playing. I don't see a problem there. They aren't part of the matchday squad, they're there for their support of the team, just like us.

Ive said this before but a drinking culture crept in under Wilders reign. I've been told by certain people that in one press conference CW was even still partially under the influence.

Players who would also get on the booze with Wilder were also seen more favourable in the managers selections.

Don't shoot the messenger, just what I've been told. Not saying there is or isn't any truth in the above.

Wilder would pick the players who liked to get pissed? heard it all now, we really do have some hateful brain donors on here.

Mousset was out on Saturday, after Blackburn. Seen a pic of him with someone.

Wilder would pick the players who liked to get pissed? heard it all now, we really do have some hateful brain donors on here.
Not sure if it's true, but I heard Wilder only picked the ones who bought him his ale. Like I said. not sure if it's true, so don't shoot the messenger.

Whats the problem with injured or players who aren't in the squad turning up at 2.55? I don't know this as a fact but wouldn't surprise me if it's club Covid policy? Is there even a rule which means they must attend if they're not in the squad?

Going out after a loss is an interesting one, the unwritten rule used to be don't go out or go out in another city

There has been a drinking culture at the lane for years which is very disappointing I thought we had cut most of this shit out when we got rid of McNulty and jug ears and their crew. Jug ears came on a long way from the overweight youth he had become at united maybe no coincidence eh! I'm not one for banning players having a drink but fuck me nightclubs until the early hours getting pissed as a fart seems to be the norm at the lane, every now and then it comes to the surface usually when the team is not doing well. Professionals who care about being the best they can be do not drink or stuff themselves on take away meals if they do they deserve all the criticism that will come their way. Shows to me that there is a lack of discipline at the club.

They're professional footballers and athletes. They should not be getting pissed during the season. It slows down recovery and makes any cardio/muscle work they do less effective. Have a few more drinks in summer when you have 1-2 months off.

The fact footballers are so moronic that they go out and get pissed in the centre of the city where they work is beyond stupid.
Agree, very disappointed if this is correct. An insult to fans, staff, board, owner, all who are contributing to their wages.

18 to 35 year olds go out for a drink on a Saturday night and it's not acceptable?! When did that happen?

When we were 9th in the PL the fans would have been sucking the players off in the bars at 2am if they'd seen them.

New rule: Footballers are only allowed out for a beer if they are doing well on the pitch.

18 to 35 year olds go out for a drink on a Saturday night and it's not acceptable?! When did that happen?

When we were 9th in the PL the fans would have been sucking the players off in the bars at 2am if they'd seen them.

New rule: Footballers are only allowed out for a beer if they are doing well on the pitch.
But don’t you think it’s a valid point though.Add to the fact we look the most unfit team in professional football this season.If they are performing still on the pitch and look fit “great knock yourselves out” but they are dreadful and look in terrible condition.

But don’t you think it’s a valid point though.Add to the fact we look the most unfit team in professional football this season.If they are performing still on the pitch and look fit “great knock yourselves out” but they are dreadful and look in terrible condition.
The 'Peroni culture' was lapped up by most of our fans a couple of years ago. Now it's not acceptable because we're shit again.

If the players are missing training or turning up half cut to training then it's a problem, however there's nothing to suggest that so I don't see the issue with them having a beer at a weekend. Maybe just pick their drinking spots wisely as they are targets for dickheads from both our fans and the other lot's fans.

McBurnie claimed that they were due in training on Sunday morning at 9am. Do you think our captain was preparing for this session professionally and setting a good example to the rest of the squad and all our young players?

The 'Peroni culture' was lapped up by most of our fans a couple of years ago. Now it's not acceptable because we're shit again.

If the players are missing training or turning up half cut to training then it's a problem, however there's nothing to suggest that so I don't see the issue with them having a beer at a weekend. Maybe just pick their drinking spots wisely as they are targets for dickheads from both our fans and the other lot's fans.
They are legless at 4am in town after losing to Blackpool with an up coming game on Tuesday against forest.Theres a couple of drinks and then there is taking the absolute piss.

McBurnie claimed that they were due in training on Sunday morning at 9am. Do you think our captain was preparing for this session professionally and setting a good example to the rest of the squad and all our young players?
If they were training on Sunday (which, after that performance they should have been) then it's taking the piss. However if we're winning no one gives a shit so I'm just pointing out the double standards of football fans.

They are legless at 4am in town after losing to Blackpool with an up coming game on Tuesday against forest.Theres a couple of drinks and then there is taking the absolute piss.

If they were legless between the 2 matches it's not acceptable.

Yeh the video of the skipper a few posts up
If they were training on Sunday (which, after that performance they should have been) then it's taking the piss. However if we're winning no one gives a shit so I'm just pointing out the double standards of football fans.

If they were legless between the 2 matches it's not acceptable.
The video of the skipper a few posts above was the one two days before forest.

The club needs to start fining them a week's wages if they're caught out late the night before a game/training or pissed during the season.

Given some of our players it would be a great way to cut our wage bill....

Perhaps McBurnie was lying.

The club needs to start fining them a week's wages if they're caught out late the night before a game/training or pissed during the season.

Given some of our players it would be a great way to cut our wage bill....
All employment contracts will have drug and alcohol clauses in them, however we're talking about people's free will and free time here. The club can't legally tell players they can't drink during the season.

There's the moral standpoint that as professional footballers they shouldn't drink given the vast sums they earn, however it's been proved time and time again that footballers like a drink so it's not like it's going to change.

If I'm a player at a football club earning a relatively modest £150k a year, can I drink? What if I earn £300k a year or £1m a year? At which point do you start getting offended by a player drinking?

All employment contracts will have drug and alcohol clauses in them, however we're talking about people's free will and free time here. The club can't legally tell players they can't drink during the season.

There's the moral standpoint that as professional footballers they shouldn't drink given the vast sums they earn, however it's been proved time and time again that footballers like a drink so it's not like it's going to change.

If I'm a player at a football club earning a relatively modest £150k a year, can I drink? What if I earn £300k a year or £1m a year? At which point do you start getting offended by a player drinking?
Professionalism or self respect, its what separates the good from the great, it was mentioned the other week, how ManU players, suddenly altered their diets and the food they were eating at their training ground, after Ronaldo arrived.

Everyone is different, for every one player that 'eats clean' and does everything he can to prolong his career there will be twenty/thirty that think they have made it, don't look at what they might be doing wrong re food,drink or gambling etc

I don't think it's Billy, I reckon it's a conspiracy. Someone obviously had cosmetic surgery to look like him.

Doesn't seem that pissed! He might have had three or four

You probably

You probably start getting offended at the point when they start looking utter shit ,unfit and dead on there feet after 70 minutes….. Oh wait

You probably

You probably start getting offended at the point when they start looking utter shit ,unfit and dead on there feet after 70 minutes….. Oh wait
Mousset has always been unfit though, it's just he was scoring goals in a decent team before. Now he's fat and we're shit it's an issue that he drinks.

I'm not saying it's wrong to be upset by it, just that football fans have short memories.

Most would have let him drink champagne out of their belly button whilst fingering his bumhole at 4am on a matchday morning after the Man U game the other season. Now it's not acceptable for him to drink because he's crap and we are.

Back
Top Bottom