Match Thread Middlesbrough v. Sheffield United - 28th September 2021

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Foxy

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
1632771429681.png v. 1632771438086.png
Championship Week 10 - Tuesday 28th September 2021 - 19:45 - Riverside Stadium

Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Matchday Stats/Player Ratings - Middlesbrough vs Sheffield United

Officials:

Referee:
James Linington
Assistant Referee: Richard Wild
Assistant Referee: Philip Dermott
Fourth Official: Robert Madley

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter
: https://twitter.com/s24su

Need a VPN? - https://www.s24su.com/forum/threads/vpn-usage.87094/

📺
Live TV Coverage
:

Screenshot 2021-09-27 at 20.36.30.png

SUTV Live - https://live.sufc.co.uk/

Riverside has always been a bit of a bogey ground for us.

I think we've only ever won there once.

These are our possession stats since the start of the season. (from BBC website)
We've got to keep this up, and as we've seen since Peterborough, use that possession better - which we are now doing.
It's just more of the same - keep the ball, use it better when in possession and put the ball in the net - which we are now doing.

What could possibly go wrong...........!

Well it could, but I expect SJ to be pushing this now in training, we'll see key changes to teams in certain games as he rotates a few players, but hopefully more of the same that we've seen since Peterborough.

Birmingham (H) 76%
Swansea (A) 37%
West Brom (A) 65%
Huddersfield (H) 70%
Luton (A) 68%
Peterborough (H) 68%
Preston (H) 63%
Hull (A) 61%
Derby (H) 69%

UTB

Keep the ball rolling lads! I'll go with 1-0 Blades, MGW.

Olsen
Baldock Egan Davies Stevens
Norwood Fleck
MGW Ndiaye Osborn
Sharp

Subs: Foderingham, Basham, Norrington-Davies, Hourihane, Guedioura/Berge, McBurnie, Brewster

I'd play Guedioura for this one - we need someone to play the Darren Bullock role away from home whilst we get our shit together.

Slav hinted bogle would be in the squad, i see the red card for one of them has been overturned

Fancy us to do the job tonight.

3-1 (Sharp, MGW, Stevens)

Colin blames the referee.

Any idea why I can't seem to purchase a match pass for this? Or is it just the club being a bit slow updating the page? I am connected via VPN etc

1632827526600.png

We're going to need a more physical and aerial presence for this one. I'd have McBurnie, Guedioura and Basham in the starting line-up

not a happy hunting ground for us but cant see boro beating us 3 points would be handy but a point wouldnt be disastrous imo

And rightly so. It was an awful decision.
Matt Crooks's mum is a friend of mine (she was 4 years below me at boarding school) and she was at the Lane with her 2nd husband and their three sons who are all Blades. She showed me the footage of the incident and we agreed that the decision was harsh. Matt's sister sometimes go to the Lane.

We are going to get a trial by bombardment tonight , I can see us getting bullied out of this one.

weirdly we have a dreadful record in games in games against neil warnock since we sacked them in 2007 we have played him 10 times won only 1 in 2009, drew 4, lost other the 5. even stranger wednesday have a better record v warnock with 3 wins 8 draws & 4 defeats

After a worrying start to the season there‘s generally been an optimistic view on this board in recent weeks.
We’re finally starting to look like genuine promotion contenders.

As the recently departed Jimmy Greaves used to say “Football is a funny old game”
So my prediction is an uncomfortable 1-1 draw tonight or we could even lose 2-1…..this board is then full of “we’re not good enough“ etc etc
Then we follow up on Saturday by putting in our best display of the season beating league leaders AFC Bournemouth 2 or 3-0 on their own patch.
Then this board is full of “we’re going to go up as Champions” etc etc.

Any idea why I can't seem to purchase a match pass for this? Or is it just the club being a bit slow updating the page? I am connected via VPN etc

View attachment 121878
Will depend on what country you have your VPN set to it needs to be one that doesn't have the rights to show the match on TV. I think Cyprus is always an unsold territory as they have no rights to any Championship games.

EDIT: Just seen your later post 👍🏻

Screenshot 2021-09-28 at 17.12.19.png

Funny how things turns out. We could effectively get Chris Wilder a new job by sending another ex Blade into “early” retirement. Apparently auld big nose is one defeat away from the tin tack.

have a bad feeling about tonight. Warnock will have got these proper up for it as its do or die for his management career at this point

Think Warnock doesn't quite carry the same fire and passion for management as he once did. Going 1-2 to the red and white wizards

Watchalong for this one, come join us and let us know where you are for a shout out (starts at 7:15pm)

Mentioned on a previous thread. Their fans seem to have a distinct lack of confidence in that team, hopefully the team have the same attitude.

Warnock will either be rallying the lads for a big one or maybe he's given up.

Back
Top Bottom