Fantastic performance but….

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Can't image any proper Blade wanting to complain about too much today.

We've got ballers all over the pitch.

Main problem to solve now is silly goals given away - two on Tuesday and one today, but I suppose that's the open style that Slav has signed us up for.

PS: Billy? just fucking hit them please.

UTB

We also have at least one prick who likes to celebrate goals by chucking ketchup everywhere ☹

Can't image any proper Blade wanting to complain about too much today.

We've got ballers all over the pitch.

Main problem to solve now is silly goals given away - two on Tuesday and one today, but I suppose that's the open style that Slav has signed us up for.

PS: Billy? just fucking hit them please.

UTB
So frustrating watching them hanging off us on corners and set pieces. If that were our boys behaving that way I’d want to see them dragged off the pitch.

We're not going to have good or even perfect performances week in week out. Sometimes you have to get gritty wins (where your under pressure from your opponents) like this and we're going to get more like this as the season goes on.

So frustrating watching them hanging off us on corners and set pieces. If that were our boys behaving that way I’d want to see them dragged off the pitch.

Indeed - quite possibly the worst team I've seen in ages try those tactics - nothing better than 2 goals from 2 corners................oops 😂

The Hull manager even mentioned in his post match conference that Billy was holding at corners............as if ! It's quite an insult as our billy is much more subtle than that.

As for the Hull no:10, Honeyman...........more like wrestling.

UTB

It still seems like we have far too many either entitled, negative or pig 🐷 fans who want to moan about us.

Well done to the boys and Slav on a fantastic performance today. UTB 👊🏻

but isn’t your title inaccurate….more balanced opinions would say it was a long way from being a “fantastic“ performance.

the commentators (including Carl Asaba) on RS said we weren’t that free flowing, can play better but didn’t need to get out of 2nd gear
They agreed we were comfortable and deserved winners against (their words) a poor looking over physical Hull team.

Asaba commented that a team hoping for promotion needs to make winning a habit
and its a great sign that we didn’t play our best but won quite easily….it bodes well for the rest of the season.

We are great side going forward with the ball, but off the
We also have at least one prick who likes to celebrate goals by chucking ketchup everywhere ☹
He seriously needs putting on his arse.

but your title is totally inaccurate though….it was a long way from being a fantastic performance.

the commentators (including Carl Asaba) on RS said we weren’t that free flowing, can play better and didn’t get out of 2nd gear
but they said we were comfortable and deserved winners against (their words) a poor looking Hull team.

and its a good sign that we didn’t play our best but won quite easily….it bodes well for the rest of the season.

Sounds unfair from Asaba considering we had only 1 pre-season game !

We are now up and running with new players/style/formation and we will quickly reach a level AND then hopefully push on.

Time is young, the football looks a million miles better than Birmingham/Huddersfield.

We're on the march, we're Wild.......................Slavs army.........

UTB

Indeed - quite possibly the worst team I've seen in ages try those tactics - nothing better than 2 goals from 2 corners................oops 😂

The Hull manager even mentioned in his post match conference that Billy was holding at corners............as if ! It's quite an insult as our billy is much more subtle than that.

UTB
They were doing a bit of rotational Billy blocking at corners. After the no 10 effort I think it was the no 2 who took over at the next one

They were doing a bit of rotational Billy blocking at corners. After the no 10 effort I think it was the no 2 who took over at the next one

It was interesting that the ref only talked to the Hull players - he knew what they were doing.

To be fair to the refs this season, they've changed tactics - think a lot of chucking oneself to the ground when either in the box or outside the box is going to get waved away.

Did you enjoy the game?

UTB

Good win!
Sometimes we do tend to over play it in nice triangles by the byline and then turn over possession and the oppo team counter.
We do look suspect at the long through balls straight down the middle as well. we need to tighten up those situations. This could be down to having a man down at CB who would normally sweep up these kind of balls?
Anyhow its a good win! 7 point out of 9 isnt bad at all. we need to kick on now and hopefully start to build momentum.
Well done Slav and the team!

UTB
but isn’t your title inaccurate….more balanced opinions would say it was a long way from being a “fantastic“ performance.

the commentators (including Carl Asaba) on RS said we weren’t that free flowing, can play better but didn’t need to get out of 2nd gear
They agreed we were comfortable and deserved winners against (their words) a poor looking over physical Hull team.

and its a great sign that we didn’t play our best but won quite easily….it bodes well for the rest of the season.
No. My opinion is it was a fantastic performance. I haven’t heard what Carl Asaba has to say on the subject and I don’t care for his opinion either.

We won 3-1 away from home and I thoroughly enjoyed it. I feel it was a fantastic performance

It was interesting that the ref only talked to the Hull players - he knew what they were doing.

To be fair to the refs this season, they've changed tactics - think a lot of chucking oneself to the ground when either in the box or outside the box is going to get waved away.

Did you enjoy the game?

UTB
Yes. I enjoyed the actual game, but not the antics of the drunken morons at the back of Block N6 (not the ones who were throwing stuff at the Hull fans) but I'll mention what I saw on the other thread

I wouldn't say the performance was fantastic, but we did the job. We were very sloppy in possession in the first half at times. On the flip side, Egan's movement for his first goal was fantastic and to then get on the end of the cross was amazing. It was a pleasure watching that goal.

To say that arguably we haven't yet put out our complete best eleven, we're doing well and getting closer to finding it and fielding it.

I wouldn't say the performance was fantastic, but we did the job. We were very sloppy in possession in the first half at times. On the flip side, Egan's movement for his first goal was fantastic and to then get on the end of the cross was amazing. It was a pleasure watching that goal.

To say that arguably we haven't yet put out our complete best eleven, we're doing well and getting closer to finding it and fielding it.
I would say it was fantastic given the performances we have endured in recent times. And I think we were far more fluid over the course of ninety minutes than we have been for a long time. So I’m sticking with fantastic.

Found a pub in Newcastle, County Down that was showing the game.. if you can’t be there, then I recommend a few pints of Guinness with sticky wings at Quinn’s.

And, as much as one can tell from tv, we look a team transformed. Three without loss now. And eleven goals.

Didn't think we looked quite as dangerous going forward as we have in the last couple of games. A few have said we didn't get out of second gear, which sounds right to me. Slav was pretty critical of the performance in his post-match interview. Very promising for the rest of the season if we can go away and win comfortably without playing close to our best, though.

Didn't think we looked quite as dangerous going forward as we have in the last couple of games. A few have said we didn't get out of second gear, which sounds right to me. Slav was pretty critical of the performance in his post-match interview. Very promising for the rest of the season if we can go away and win comfortably without playing close to our best, though.
When do you think we have played better over ninety minutes this season? I feel Slav was alluding more to the fact that we could have put them more to the sword than we did. Out of all the games this season I feel we were out most consistently threatening throughout?

The performance did not compare to Peterborough and PNE games.
I felt we barely got out of first gear..maybe didn’t have to.
We are way too sloppy in our passing for my liking. It’s scary sometimes. Lucky we were not punished more.
But…enjoyed the goals and always happy to beat Hull having put up with some of their patronizing Premier League supporters as we left Wembley back in 2014.
Be happy to see their return to L1.

It wasn't fantastic but thoroughly deserved the win. Negatives are the defence was suspect again at times, RND beaten to easily by the winger, Baldock lost his man for their goal and after they scored one of the central defenders made a right mess of controlling it and they ran on and scored, thankfully the linesman flagged him offside and we could have been facing an awkward last 10 mins.
Positives were 3 really good headers and another MOM performance from toothpaste he was brilliant closely followed by Egan. We could and should have scored more but 11goals in the last 3 games proves we're heading in the right direction.

When do you think we have played better over ninety minutes this season? I feel Slav was alluding more to the fact that we could have put them more to the sword than we did. Out of all the games this season I feel we were out most consistently threatening throughout?
Interesting how differently we saw it. I thought we were a lot more threatening against Peterborough, obviously, and even against Preston. It was still miles better than anything before the international break and not a poor performance by any means. I just think we can and will play a lot better.

Interesting how differently we saw it. I thought we were a lot more threatening against Peterborough, obviously, and even against Preston. It was still miles better than anything before the international break and not a poor performance by any means. I just think we can and will play a lot
The performance did not compare to Peterborough and PNE games.
I felt we barely got out of first gear..maybe didn’t have to.
We are way too sloppy in our passing for my liking. It’s scary sometimes. Lucky we were not punished more.
But…enjoyed the goals and always happy to beat Hull having put up with some of their patronizing Premier League supporters as we left Wembley back in 2014.
Be happy to see their return to L1.
I disagree pal. Thought we were much more consistent overall for ninety against Hull. Peterborough I feel are a easier proposition than Hull.

Totally agree with the fact that It’s nice to see the Tigers back in their box. UTB 👊🏻

Turning MGW upside down before the goal, that's a pen, but the goal saved the ref from actually refereeing.

They're another frankenstien monster of a team, the home fans must be bored as shit with it all..

It still seems like we have far too many either entitled, negative or pig 🐷 fans who want to moan about us.

Sorry for being contrary,but while a win is a win,beating a club that was promoted from Division 1 and while we were in the Premiership last year doesn’t get my juices running.
The football was sloppy and didn’t have an edge and the players were not sharp.
Talking of Sharp ,if he was up for it surely he would have scored that penalty?
An improvement but some way to go.

Sorry for being contrary,but while a win is a win,beating a club that was promoted from Division 1 and while we were in the Premiership last year doesn’t get my juices running.
The football was sloppy and didn’t have an edge and the players were not sharp.
Talking of Sharp ,if he was up for it surely he would have scored that penalty?
An improvement but some way to go.
Don’t apologise. I disagree, the football wasn’t sloppy in my opinion. We consistently played positively. If you don’t think Bill was up for it then I feel you may be a grunter 🐷

Don’t apologise. I disagree, the football wasn’t sloppy in my opinion. We consistently played positively. If you don’t think Bill was up for it then I feel you may be a grunter 🐷
Well good for you ,bet you didn’t see the match

Wasn't a fantastic performance it was a fantastic result, the performance was riddled with mistakes by both teams. Crowd wise piss poor from them

Back
Top Bottom