CONFIRMED Burke joins Millwall on loan

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

My mate, who also played in the 18th tier of football, insisted Burke would terrify defences.

The most clueless people I know (footballing wise) are generally the ones who’ve “played a bit”.
Absolutely no doubt that he terrifies defences. He's got pace and if teams play the right ball for him, in behind, he'll put defenders on their arses.
He's physical, he can play with his back to goal, he's more rugby league physique than footballer.
Keepers will shit themselves when he's bearing down on them at pace.

All of this is what you want in a striker or a winger. The problem for Burke is that it all ends when he gets the ball within his vicinity.

shhhh everyone. Shut the f*uck up, just like we did when Cresswell had the keepers pants down.

You know I’m so gutted such a talented member of the team feels like his development lies elsewhere, this club is going backwards. No signings, no investment in training facilities, and the recruitment system is a joke. if he does go I’ll always remember him for his gut busting runs, his pace, mobility and his footballing brain. And his ability to not realise he had run up gangway B on the kop before playing a low cross into the the torso of a small child and his parents. Lost for words. Legend.

😭😉 Wink.

Imagine Warnock's big striker/little quick striker but big striker/big quick striker. I reckon he might be more effective at Boro tbf.

Teams/managers will always take a punt on a guy like Oli Burke for the same reason we did - he's an incredible athlete.

Even on here, people were raving about him at the beginning of last season. Much better than Robinson, they said. What a masterstroke by Wilder, they said. But eventually the penny drops that he isn't actually very good at football. He's just a great athlete. Forrest Gump in football boots.

Even when Wilder signed him to start with, he didn't really know what to do with him which begged the question about why he was here to start with. Playing wing back one week, up front the next, just throwing shit hoping it sticks like with all the other duffers who we're stuck with.

I still don't rate Burke as a footballer, but I still think he's most useful in a scenario that we've barely been in since signing. His best use is to help us see out games in which we're leading. An out ball over the top, something to keep the opposition defence back a bit.
Sadly we've not barely been in the lead since we signed him.

His athleticism could still be useful, despite the lack of footballing ability.
Just don't start him, ever!

If Burke leaving from an overstocked group of 7 strikers frees up wages and money for a loan fee to actually get a bloody keeper in get those talks concluded quick and get him gone.

Burke has been absolute garbage. If there is any opportunity to get rid, we should take it (and free up space for somebody with half a footie brain). I was prepared to give him a chance, but it is obvious now he's not going to fulfill the potential he had at Forest as a kid.

He'll goto Boro and score his only goal of the season against us. Written in the stars.

Can see it being a loan, don’t think any club would be stupid enough to actually buy him.. would they 👀

He'd do well for a Warnock type. Literally tell him to hang wide, beat his man then cross it. Simple.

indeed - another player we tried to mould into a position that didn't suit him.

Has most things needed to be a pro footballer, except all the attributes when he is in and around the goal.

He needs a manager who can sort him out - NW is ideally suited, he likes a waif and stray.

He'll go with my best wishes but sadness as to him being involved with Robinson - another player that we tried to do something different with.

UTB

Always liked Neil. Take him off us lad, he’ll probably come good for you knowing our luck

He doesn't suit us for whatever reason. He isn't a great winger and he certainly isn't a striker.

He frustrates the hell out of me when I watch him play. He gets his head down, runs but has no fucking clue where is going and what he is going to do with the ball.

If we'd got him at the beginning of the first Premier League season where everything was falling right for us and we couldn't put a foot wrong I think he'd have been awesome and people would think differently of him.

Hope he does well, gave us 100% and never stood a chance chasing lost causes in a broken team.

I don't think Burke is the problem, myself. It's the fact that we keep playing with a ball, and the ball is his 'kryptonite'.
If ever the powers that be decide to trial a game where there is no ball, then he's going to be worth a fortune.
utb
Hes definitely limited by the rules of the game. Particularly the one that mentions a football.

He doesn't suit us for whatever reason. He isn't a great winger and he certainly isn't a striker.

He frustrates the hell out of me when I watch him play. He gets his head down, runs but has no fucking clue where is going and what he is going to do with the ball.
It's annoying though because there actually is a decent player in there somewhere. He certainly has the attributes - strength and pace cost a LOT of money.

Tell you, if he had a brain and could finish, he's better than Jamie Vardy... but he can't.

Uncle Neil will soon sort him out

Its not secret that I actually really like Burke and I still believe he will eventually come good in the game. He always put 100% in for us when many others were in hiding. He'll go with well wishes from me. Honestly detested the level of stick he got from his own fans here.

It's annoying though because there actually is a decent player in there somewhere. He certainly has the attributes - strength and pace cost a LOT of money.

Tell you, if he had a brain and could finish, he's better than Jamie Vardy... but he can't.

Uncle Neil will soon sort him out

I don't dislike him as he works hard, never shys away in that respect, he's just not great with the ball at his feet and decision making, which at slow speeds he could get away with, but at pace it justs makes him look shit as the ball could end up anywhere.

I think he will be a player that finds his level in League one, gets a promotion and then remains a half decent Championship player.

Agent Warnock might be doing us a huge favour here.

Pace to burn, but zero ability.

Back
Top Bottom