Match Thread Sheffield United v. Huddersfield Town - 21st August 2021

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

SUFC
SUFC
SUFC

Final

Final
Final
HUDD
HUDD
HUDD
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin
1629482504907.png v. 1629482510806.png
Championship Week 4 - Saturday 21st August 2021 - 15:00 - Bramall Lane

Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Matchday Stats/Player Ratings - https://www.s24su.com/forum/match-day/match/sheffield-united-vs-huddersfield-town.555/

Officials:

Referee:
Michael Salisbury
Assistant Referee: Wade Smith
Assistant Referee: Philip Dermott
Fourth Official: Geoff Eltringham

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter
: https://twitter.com/s24su

Need a VPN? - https://www.s24su.com/forum/threads/vpn-usage.87094/

📺
Live TV Coverage
:

Screenshot 2021-08-20 at 19.02.08.png

SUTV Live - https://live.sufc.co.uk/

Last edited:

Seems an odd one to single out, but i'm done with Baldock.

Blokes a coward, countless occasions he's 1v1 with there full back. Doesn't take responsibility or have the balls / ability to beat a man and creat something.

Cuts back and recycles. Repeat. If he does float a cross in its overhit or hits first man.

We don't play wide midfielders or wingers, so all the attacking down the riight flank comes through George.

He's just not good enough. Needs dropping immediately.
Agreed. Turns into fucking happy feet when he has chance to cross

Seems an odd one to single out, but i'm done with Baldock.

Blokes a coward, countless occasions he's 1v1 with there full back. Doesn't take responsibility or have the balls / ability to beat a man and creat something.

Cuts back and recycles. Repeat. If he does float a cross in its overhit or hits first man.

We don't play wide midfielders or wingers, so all the attacking down the riight flank comes through George.

He's just not good enough. Needs dropping immediately.

Agreed. He actually slows our play by constantly turning and passing backwards, or checking his run because he's not confident to take his man on.

I'm not totally convinced he's much better at defending than Bogle is anyway. Left his man completely unmarked for the first goal (Basham at fault too).

I thought we were much, much better. Calamitous defending for the two goals but we dominated despite having Fleck and Norwood in the midfield. Replace those two, get some movement up front and change Baldock. His end product is awful. The keeper was ok, Davies was solid, we have something to build from.

10m for brewster surely that's a joke, he's the leagues only playing mascot

Yeah, I know. But reputation counts for a lot, and he's done it before, just like McBurnie has.
I mean some idiot paid £23 million for him.

Some manager out there will be able to get something out of him, just no manager of Sheffield United unfortunately.

But the time has come to admit defeat with at least 8 of this squad, they want binning, the ones worth nothing, get rid, pay off and move on. there are very few saleable assets and McBurnie, Brewster and Berge are the only ones that could bring in enough cash to rebuild.

Only when Slav has brought in his own players, PLAYERS THAT HE ACTUALLY WANTS can he be judged

Hi Stegosaurus here,

No idea, but a strong manager wouldn't let the chairman dictate which players join or pick players for his squad. If McBurnie was a Prince Pick, then that's two who Wilder let the Prince pick (I think Berge was picked by the Prince too) who have turned out to be dog shit.

Wilder should have said "they're shit, I want to sign ......" instead and insisted on it.
Strong manager v strong owner - only one winner there and it ain't the manager, I think it was Van Winckel that recommended Berge and he may still reach his obvious potential - but not with us, I'm not sure if he is fully fit or just lazy!

A toothless attack also puts pressure on our defence, knowing that one mistake will likely mean we lose 1-0.

I'm in a field in Wales, how was it? Following the first half it seemed like we were dominant but second more even?

Least goals scored in the Championship.

Worst goal difference in the Championship.

Worst club in the Championship.

Still a bit too much "Wilderball" today but at least we had them on the backfoot for 80 minutes, defence was OK except for their second goal when Bash' got turned, I think he will be a casualty in the long run, Slav' likes a back four and Bash' isn't going to be in it and maybe Baldock as well.
Midfield is awful, Fleck & Norwood are done surely? - Berge doesn't look fit - or he is just lazy or doesn't want to be here ?
Brewster is "work in progress" but needs to learn about "runs" and reading the game, I'm amazed he is not watching Billy day in day out he could learn so much. All in all, we need some recruits - and fast!

Facing the very real possibility of playing Accrington in the cup next year as underdogs. Who will want to come before transfer window shuts? Guedioura? Slav must shudder at the thought of having to go with what he's got. FFS. Wretched.

We actually weren't that bad today. Dominated possession. Unlucky not to be ahead on the break. Totally bossed the first 20 mins of 2nd half. Never seen so many shots blocked. On most days that amount of possession wins the game

My old dad often used the old saying,'He'll never mek a footballer while he's got an oyl in his arse.' If this epithet was applied to the current team the changing room bogs must be completely shit free. A bit ironic really when we know how full of shit this team is.

This photo was from my position in the queue for the ticket office today, 5 minutes before kick-off. Most fans I spoke to were in the same situation as me...season tickets and membership cards had not been activated with their tickets. I missed the first half, I'm sure others missed most of the game and others, in the end decided not to go. I'm hoping for some kind of compensation, but not holding my breath. Not happy about this!
IMG_20210821_145532.jpg

This photo was from my position in the queue for the ticket office today, 5 minutes before kick-off. Most fans I spoke to were in the same situation as me...season tickets and membership cards had not been activated with their tickets. I missed the first half, I'm sure others missed most of the game and others, in the end decided not to go. I'm hoping for some kind of compensation, but not holding my breath. Not happy about this!
View attachment 119392
Was this not just an issue with the new card scanners?

Took my lad today (my wife sat it out with our baby) for his first game and it was great to see everyone in our row bubble again, they made him feel really welcome...first half was good I thought, positive for future games 👍

Anyone else think their second was a mile offside ?
Not a mile but the ball went forward so offside but the officials were keen to not give much for the team in red and white to-day. Having said that where were the defence for the goal stood on the edge of the 18 yard box appealing for offside Comedy goal to concede.

View attachment 119392
At least off the field is going well then

that was like night & day compared to West Brom. it was so much better. but jokanovic will be wondering how we managed to lose that. we were great for large parts that 1st 15 mins in 2nd half with sustained pressure was great to watch, you cant dispute the effort & we did everything right but score.

but if you ever want 90 mins of what the last 18 months has been like supporting sheff United. that perfect illustration. like Fulham last October & when we said Newcastle should've been our 6th win not our 1st. thoroughly dominate a game. in this case play some great football. didnt score & team camped in their own half nicked 3pts

Better but won't have done our confidence any good.

It feels like we are only playing with 8 or 9 players at times.

Was good at times but for a big lad Berge is a real pussy when challenged, McBurnie just seems to be a tangle of limbs, Norwood continues to set new lows and Fleck

Back
Top Bottom