CONFIRMED Aaron Ramsdale sold to Arsenal

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

If he goes to Arsenal, hopefully upwards of £35m, we should see if there are any season long loans from them as part of the deal.

Arsenal do have a nice collection of players for potential loan if they’re struggling to get upto the £35-40M. Any of Chambers, Maitland-Nikes, Nelson, would be most welcome.

£32m with Miguel Azeez thrown in on loan would do for me. Always looked good playing for England U19s. 18 year old Right footed midfielder who looks best when playing deeper but also good further forward as an attacking midfielder. Rumour has it they’re looking to send him out on loan this year

Genuinely wouldn’t see it as a bad thing if we sold ramsdale for £25/30million

We have ample Back up Simon Moore has never had a fair crack IMO and is a solid championship player so should be good enough IMO

Also if it’s Berge or ramsdale Berge all day

We have ample Back up Simon Moore has never had a fair crack IMO and is a solid championship player so should be good enough IMO

Simon Moore will get a fair crack at the championship... at his new club, Coventry

Ramsdale might well be tempted by a massive salary increase. Sixty k a week for a young lad from the northern wasteland is a big jump. Plus he will get the pleasures available in the capital city.
All that money and bright lights? Easy to turn a young mans head.
Our club wages policy is even hurting us in the championship?

Ramsdale might well be tempted by a massive salary increase. Sixty k a week for a young lad from the northern wasteland is a big jump. Plus he will get the pleasures available in the capital city.
All that money and bright lights? Easy to turn a young mans head.
Our club wages policy is even hurting us in the championship?
That's a bit of a strange stick to beat the club with. We wouldn't be able to compete on wages with Arsenal when in the same division.

I'd rather keep him because it removes any doubt over the goalkeeping position.

But him tripling his wages and us more than doubling what we probably paid isn't having our pants down, I don't feel.

I'd ceased to worry about Rammers lost Christmas. My concern is who then replaces him.

That's a bit of a strange stick to beat the club with. We wouldn't be able to compete on wages with Arsenal when in the same division.

I'd rather keep him because it removes any doubt over the goalkeeping position.

But him tripling his wages and us more than doubling what we probably paid isn't having our pants down, I don't feel.

I'd ceased to worry about Rammers lost Christmas. My concern is who then replaces him.
My concern is based on the disagreement by fans, at the time we paid whatever we paid for him. He seemed happy and settled more recently, but his head has been turned by big wages on offer, at a club with a poor grip on its own future?
Wilder probably convinced the board that whatever we paid for him, he would be worth double that, if we got relegated and had to sell him!

I would also prefer that he stayed. His response to early form criticism was a bit wet, but he’s since earned his spurs. (Pun intended) :)

I think if arsenal sign him then he'll probably leave

But if he stays then he'll still be number one come the first game of the season
And that sums up the current media insight. only 6 days until we play a proper pre season game and only another 10 after that until it kicks off.

best to think about something else for now

This is one of those sales where the fee doesn't matter. Come the end of the transfer window our promotion prospects will be worse off if we've sold Ramsdale.

To get promoted you need a good goal keeper
Krul?

As much as I like Rammers, i think for £30 million plus, I’d take the money and run. We would be rinsing them. Plugs a massive hole in our lost revenue, have faith we would bring in the right replacements

Crap film. I'd suggest Legend with Tom Cruise or the Never Ending Story. The latter starred Kevin McCabe who was responsible in trying to sell all our young payers for the 'great nothing'.
Krull shits on all those, McCabe didn't have The Fire Ponies or Spider Crystal for starters.

How many better than Krul in the championship? Albeit not as good as Rammers, but far better than Foderingham
That wasn't the question. You said you need to have a good goal keeper to get promoted, and he is the epitome of average.
Is Raya a "good" goalkeeper?

£30 million plus Emile Smith-Rowe (ACM) and Nelson (WF) on loan . Thank You. Please. Fuck off.

Moore no longer with us ,gone to Coventry

I can understand if Rammers is tempted to go to the Arse. He will be on good money and he'll be playing in the Premier League, for a team which (probably) won't ever trouble the bottom four, just like they won't trouble the top spots (a bit like Everton). It's a steady, mid-to-upper club, and he has the potential to earn a small fortune and set himself up for life.

Do I want him to go?, no. Will he go?, well I think we are getting to the point where the Arse are ready to play ball and offer serious money, that we possibly can't walk away from.

Back
Top Bottom