CONFIRMED Aaron Ramsdale sold to Arsenal

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I'd sell for 30 on a few conditions. We have a replacement and we can spend the 30 million and it means nobody else goes.

I think having a top quality keeper isn't AS important if you are hoping to be a good side in the league. Not saying get anyone in but someone on the cusp of the England squad is a bit of a luxury in the championship

We could always do to Arsenal what Bournemouth did to us regarding Rammers, but the opposite way round. If we have no choice in keeping him, then sell to the Arse for a minimum if 35mill, then when he flops next season and is hounded out by their fanbase , we nip back in and take him off their hands in 12 months time for a pre season friendly and and a bag of pork scratchings.

I understood that Bournemouth's cut is 15%. I doubt we agreed to 25%. He wasn't a total unknown so I can't see us giving up so much.

Worth pointing out as always has to be done on here 😉 that it is 15% of the profit, not the fee!

So if we did pay out already 13.5m and sold for 30m, then we'd be giving Bournemouth another 2.475m not 4.5m as some may assume.

So we'd be making about 14m but let's bot get carried away, how much market value has Brewster lost for instance?

Interesting that Bettinelli, Jokanovic's old keeper is looking for a job and is free.

Ultimately we'll never know what the exact figures are in the contract, but some sell on deals are based upon % of profit, rather than the total deal. So in this case if Ramsdale were to move for circa £32m, Bournemouth's percentage would be based upon circa £14m, not the full £32m.

Hopefully that's the case here, otherwise clubs could owe money when selling for a loss. Which would be very us, thankfully not this time.

My biggest annoyance of selling Ramsdale is the fact we all know berge will leave so will leave us having neither of our 2 best players instead if what we had hope (only selling one)

There isn’t an obvious deano or even Blackman type loan knocking about this summer though. Both had league one experience before joining us bazunu is the closest but he’s getting that league one experience this year at Pompey. Woodman the standout but if we’re going for him I’d prefer to try for a perm.

Caoimhín Kelleher​

My biggest annoyance of selling Ramsdale is the fact we all know berge will leave so will leave us having neither of our 2 best players instead if what we had hope (only selling one)
It’s one or the other I believe, need to plug a gap of 35 Mill. The rumoured fees for both

honestly don’t think there will be any takers for berge because of his injury

edit: not at our asking price anyway

If anyone wants a laugh, have a read of some Arsenals fans views on Ramsdale. Not a single one of them has ever seen him play

If anyone wants a laugh, have a read of some Arsenals fans views on Ramsdale. Not a single one of them has ever seen him play
I’m actually terrified for the lad if he thinks the stick he got from our fans at the start was bad

I think he'll be gone by the end of next week personally.

I think the fee discussed is fair, Rammers will want the move and it will go a long way to plugging the gap in our finances if its legit.

I'll be sorry to see the lad go. His attitude has been nothing short of exemplary.

I hope Verrips is a talent and we can chuck some of the fee at the midfield.

Dare say quite a few of them probably havent seen arsenal play.

They are among the few prem clubs I really dont want to sell anyone to.The way some of them talk, they think we should be chuffed arsenal want to buy our player and they shouldnt have to go above 15 million. If anything they should have to pay a 25% premium.

Back
Top Bottom