CONFIRMED Aaron Ramsdale sold to Arsenal

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

View attachment 114781

Looking at the stats for the 3 keepers that Emmen used last season, including Verrips, it's easy to see how much of a difference he made to their defence and their team overall. They hadn't won a game until he turned up!

If Rammers is sold, and we can get more than our money back (£20m at least), then I'd be happy to see Verrips given a go
I wouldn't accept less than £40m, but would be OK seeing Verrips get a go so we could reinvest elsewhere if we did get that sort of money. My preference would be for Rammers to stay at the lane for a good long time though.

I hope we keep him. He's the first permanent keeper we have had since the League One season. There's enough change afoot without having to replace the most important position on the pitch.

I don't think Ramsdale would want to leave just yet, anyway. Seems a level headed lad and I think he'll recognise the journey he went on with us last season and want to repay that.

I hope we keep him. He's the first permanent keeper we have had since the League One season. There's enough change afoot without having to replace the most important position on the pitch.

I don't think Ramsdale would want to leave just yet, anyway. Seems a level ded lad and I think he'll recognise the journey he went on with us last season and want to repay that.
I agree with what you're saying S64.
IF, we were to sell we need to have some clubs keck's down, add ons an all.
Veripps, let's face it is an unknown talent, few have seen enough to make a judgement. But I'm happy to see how he develops.
Having said that I think Slav will have a bookfull of foreign keepers names should the need arise.

I agree with what you're saying S64.
IF, we were to sell we need to have some clubs keck's down, add ons an all.
Veripps, let's face it is an unknown talent, few have seen enough to make a judgement. But I'm happy to see how he develops.
Having said that I think Slav will have a bookfull of foreign keepers names should the need arise.
Agreed. Everyone has a price, so like you say it'd need to be too good to refuse, but I can't see any clubs throwing that kind of money about for someone like Ramsdale.

Pickford - £30m 4 years ago
From the same club who brought you such box office classics as...

Cenk Tosun - £20m
Theo Walcott - £20m
Morgan Schneiderlin - £20m
Davy Klaassen - £24m
Yannick Bolasie - £26m
Alex Iwobi - £27m
Gylfi Sigurdsson - £44m

Moshiri's Everton would pay a tenner for a pound coin if it was offered. What they pay for players should never be used as a market reference guide.

They're basically Liverpool's answer to the massive. Overspending in a desperate attempt to prove that they're the biggest club in their city.

Which they're not.

(Oh and Pickford was only £25m)

-----‐------------------------------------------------------------------------

But whilst we're comparing Keeper fees...

Bernd Leno - £19.2m
Emiliano Martinez - £15m
Edouard Mendy - £21.6m

Alisson - £56m

So by claiming that Ramsdale is worth £40m, you're saying he's closer to Alisson's level than he is to Mendy/Martinez.

(which is absolute madness)

He will be worth what someone is willing to pay.

And in this crazy world, and because he is English (always a multiplier), and young (always a multiplier) would not surprise me at all if £30m plus came in for him.

From the same club who brought you such box office classics as...

Cenk Tosun - £20m
Theo Walcott - £20m
Morgan Schneiderlin - £20m
Davy Klaassen - £24m
Yannick Bolasie - £26m
Alex Iwobi - £27m
Gylfi Sigurdsson - £44m

Moshiri's Everton would pay a tenner for a pound coin if it was offered. What they pay for players should never be used as a market reference guide.

They're basically Liverpool's answer to the massive. Overspending in a desperate attempt to prove that they're the biggest club in their city.

Which they're not.

(Oh and Pickford was only £25m)

-----‐------------------------------------------------------------------------

But whilst we're comparing Keeper fees...

Bernd Leno - £19.2m
Emiliano Martinez - £15m
Edouard Mendy - £21.6m

Alisson - £56m

So by claiming that Ramsdale is worth £40m, you're saying he's closer to Alisson's level than he is to Mendy/Martinez.

(which is absolute madness)
For the record I'm not saying Rammers is 'worth' £40m....

Feel like it's been done to death, but the notion of value equating to ability is just nonsense.

"So by claiming that Ramsdale is worth £40m, you're saying he's closer to Alisson's level than he is to Mendy/Martinez"

This is literally not how transfer fees work, and i dont think anyone with a basic understanding of football would seriously suggest this.

Transfer fees are purely commercial and have no baring on a players ability. They are mixture of numerous situational factors.

• Financial Situation at both clubs
  • Footballing situation at both clubs
  • Contract length
  • Age of player & resale value
  • Potential
  • Nationality of player
  • Alternatives / other options
  • Timing of signing
  • Wages etc etc etc etc

If we dont 'need' to sell, we inflate our asking price to a level where we believe we are better off with the money over the player. If this is 40m then so be it.
If a team thinks that having Rammers between the sticks is better than 40m in the bank they pay it.

Can't see a first choice Eredivisie class keeper playing benchwarmer in the Championship, also seems a bit mad to have three keepers under 25, because you're bound to end up wasting/damaging at least one of their careers
Whos the 3? If you’re classing Eastwood as one, well… 😂😂

For the record I'm not saying Rammers is 'worth' £40m....

Feel like it's been done to death, but the notion of value equating to ability is just nonsense.

"So by claiming that Ramsdale is worth £40m, you're saying he's closer to Alisson's level than he is to Mendy/Martinez"

This is literally not how transfer fees work, and i dont think anyone with a basic understanding of football would seriously suggest this.

Transfer fees are purely commercial and have no baring on a players ability. They are mixture of numerous situational factors.

• Financial Situation at both clubs
  • Footballing situation at both clubs
  • Contract length
  • Age of player & resale value
  • Potential
  • Nationality of player
  • Alternatives / other options
  • Timing of signing
  • Wages etc etc etc etc

If we dont 'need' to sell, we inflate our asking price to a level where we believe we are better off with the money over the player. If this is 40m then so be it.
If a team thinks that having Rammers between the sticks is better than 40m in the bank they pay it.
Absolutely, I wasn't saying "level" in terms of ability. Anyone with more than a passing interest in football knows what contributes to a player's perceived transfer value!

I was saying "Mendy/Martinez's level" in terms of level of asset value, not playing ability.

(Although I do think there is still some correlation between ability and value)

100% agree that players are only worth what clubs are willing to pay for them, thats capitalism, and what I've been saying about Berge's value all along. And the bottom line is that none of us know what any of them are actually worth because none of us are managers, agents or DoF's.

So it is all about opinion, and mine is that if Aaron was worth that kind of money, we wouldn't have picked him up for £10-20m (whatever the true figure is, accounting for all the clauses and stuff that were involved). He's had good moments and bad moments in a season which has ultimately seen him become the only goalkeeper to be relegated from the PL in consecutive seasons. (I think, although I may be wrong - happy to be corrected!)

Also got to wonder about the player and whats right for him, if a PL club offered first team football and United turned down say, £20m, I think he'd be entitled to feel aggrieved.

A happy team is a winning team, look at what happened when Lunny got the hump on, it affected the whole team.

I just think a bit of realism is going to be needed for this summer, whatever happens!

Ramsdale, Verrips

And then any of...

Eastwood
Dewhurst
Amissah

Because I reckon we should just bin Foderingham off, absolutely no idea why he was ever signed!

I think it's been said on here numerous times the Foderingham signing was due to the unknown status of Verrip's availability and Moore injury. No idea why we gave him a contract longer than one season though.

He will be worth what someone is willing to pay.

And in this crazy world, and because he is English (always a multiplier), and young (always a multiplier) would not surprise me at all if £30m plus came in for him.
Being young isn't always a factor for keepers. In fact they tend to be valued more as they get older.

Completely agree with this. I would hate to see him go, but somewhere around the £40m mark would potentially mean we can sort the midfield out. Perhaps we could even give Verrips a go in the onion bag.
If what is being said about Verrips' performances over the Channel are correct, then he sounds more than good enough for the Championship. Hopefully, if Ramsdale does go, he will want to come back and show us how good he is.
I agree it would be a shame for Ramsdale to go - but if we can get seriously silly money for him (£40 million+ ?) then I can't see how we could sensibly turn that down.
Just imagine if we also sold the other 5 or 6, some would prefer to see gone before Ramsdale, what a team SJ could put together?

How many points did Henderson earn for us in our promotion season (minus those he cost us) How many would Rammers earn us Personally I think he makes promotion more likely but is it significantly more likely. Would his value fall significantly if we kept him another year

£40Mill and id drive him there

Awful 1st half of the season Great 2nd Half

He's probably somewhere in the middle tbf

Blades fans: We always sell our best players
Also Blades fans: We should sell Ramsdale and spend the money on an adequate keeper

Properly run clubs sell there assets and reinvest the money like brentford

Bad teams don't reinvest like Mccabe

Bad teams don't sell any players also like chansiri @ wendy

In a lot of cases actually
And Ramsdale got POTY for both us and Bournemouth, I doubt Peter Schmeichel in his pomp could have saved either of us.

In a lot of cases actually
And Ramsdale got POTY for both us and Bournemouth, I doubt Peter Schmeichel in his pomp could have saved either of us.
Agree re Schmeichel, just thought it an odd point to make that we shouldn't accept anything less than 30m because a good keeper can make the difference between success and failure and in his last two seasons the teams he's played for have failed.

I think a conclusion can be made from this thread,
1. Most agree we should keep him.
2. Most agree we should only sell for silly money.
OK, tell me another player who would broker a similar response from the Blades faithful. UTB.

Back
Top Bottom