Nicknames for Fans (you do not know)

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I think we all know the twins - they go everywhere don't they?

Hat wanker, is married to a club official. Know her for years, nay, decades. Follows us everywhere as well and is married to a club official.

Why you would call her a hat wanker I have no idea. Quite insulting actually.

I love the blue and white striped pig on the back of the hatband :)

It's nothing personal. Sure she is lovely. If I wore it a hat or certain piece of clothing all the time I'd be disappointed not to get an insult alongside it. It's kind of endearing. I was beanie hat w****r for a while to friends. We'd never call it to her face. Just behind her back or on message boards. 😉

Hat lady goes in Railway with club historian/ mascot coordinator after most games john something or other .......First noticed hat main Rd around 98 ....seen it hundreds of times since

Hat lady goes in Railway with club historian/ mascot coordinator after most games john something or other .......First noticed hat main Rd around 98 ....seen it hundreds of times since
And she always says hello ....

There’s one guy who I used to always see on either G&H or the Westfield. Big guy with a pirate bandana, used to go with his young daughter. Probably the only one I seem to remember. Only because I once took a Belgian lad to watch us play and he screamed at the top of his voice to the Oldham fans “Imbred Cunts” whilst his daughter was playing on her game boy, completely oblivious to everything.

The Belgian guy found it hysterical and kept shouting it after we left for the next few days.

Probably been mentioned in here previously, but there was one guy towards the Bramall Lane side of the John Street stand who would absolutely hammer the lino every single match.

Normal people will usually chirp in with the occasional 'fuck off linesman' when a decision goes against us, but this guy was non-stop.

I used to laugh in agreement at first, then it got annoying.

I’m just pleased no one has mentioned me yet 🤣
What about betting man or betting blade as we sometimes call him.

Forever got his fixed odds coupon in his hand and telling anyone within earshot that Rochdale have just equalised at home to Exeter and he only needs Southend to score to get his coupon up.

It's nothing personal. Sure she is lovely. If I wore it a hat or certain piece of clothing all the time I'd be disappointed not to get an insult alongside it. It's kind of endearing. I was beanie hat w****r for a while to friends. We'd never call it to her face. Just behind her back or on message boards. 😉
You do realise that your official name is now Deadbat Beaniehat Wanker?

What about betting man or betting blade as we sometimes call him.

Forever got his fixed odds coupon in his hand and telling anyone within earshot that Rochdale have just equalised at home to Exeter and he only needs Southend to score to get his coupon up.

Funny you should mention that, there’s a bloke on my row who’s a bit like that 🤣

Hope people don’t think I’m him.

Great thread!

I started it of course 😂

Over the years there has been lots more of course...

I moved seats last season (not through choice) and have new names near me actually

Prince's selfie mates - Up to 10 seats on my row are filled by people from Arabian descent (in my Uncle's racist option). They all have free tickets and it is different people mostly every week. Come late (3.20pm and leave at 4.30pm). Spend most of the time taking selfies of themselves with the pitch as the backdrop

Don't worry pal - Everytime I get stressed about a team coming back or shout to wake up/cover; he says Relax, we are fine, no worries pal.

One song - Never makes a peep and certainly does not sing but when the McBurnie chant starts he bursts into song. Never hear from him again

I'm off - Self explanatory. Leaves 5 minutes before the end shouting, 'I'm Off'

Bloody Traffic - Comes in late. Always says 'Bloody Traffic!' Set off earlier mate. Uncle gets enraged by him

Will have a think about some of the away ones we have seen last few years too to add to the ones mentioned Webding?
Skimmed the thread, and I think I mentioned all the usuals first time around. I still miss “you’ve had a great game referee” though.

Going back many years to when we could walk round the cricket pitch to the Lane End if we were kicking that way second half.

There was a lagre guy stood right behind the net and he was always ratty with us when we turned up made his life a misery, so he said.

"Dah lot meks mi reyt mizerable da duz - ahhh!" - or something similar but he always finished with "ahhhh!".

Always wore a red and white striped scarf round his neck tied with a knot at the front.

His stock saying was "'e's oreyt dat saloon - ahhh!"

He was referring to Eddie Colquhoun of course but we could never get him to pronounce his name properly no matter how hard we tried..

At least there were no fans around me today to annoy me! And it was a doddle driving home, I could get used to this!

At least there were no fans around me today to annoy me! And it was a doddle driving home, I could get used to this!
I still got pissed off, had a bloke and woman behind me obviously sat 4 seats apart as their inane conversation was loud enough for everyone to hear. The bloke had a shocking singing voice as well, he sounded like a dog hacking up some vomit.

I still got pissed off, had a bloke and woman behind me obviously sat 4 seats apart as their inane conversation was loud enough for everyone to hear. The bloke had a shocking singing voice as well, he sounded like a dog hacking up some vomit.
Me too with the man with 4 little kids in front of us. Kids were bored after about 30 minutes and just mucked about all game. In the family stand too little buggers.
Oh and the man behind who insisted on telling every player what to do all game. You're not at home watching telly now I told him.
Covid's turned me into a right grumpy git.

Just about every fan shown on telly yesterday was masked up to the nines. It was embarrassing watching one trying to belt out GCB through his paper life-saver. One small consolation was, at least the bloke next to him had the fortitude to drop his down to his chin for the rendition. I called them all 'Kevin'.

Just about every fan shown on telly yesterday was masked up to the nines. It was embarrassing watching one trying to belt out GCB through his paper life-saver. One small consolation was, at least the bloke next to him had the fortitude to drop his down to his chin for the rendition. I called them all 'Kevin'.

giphy.gif

I copped for a family who all decided to complain at how late the flag went up for Wood when Ramsdale saved it. All of them were agreeing with each other and shouting at the officials questioning why the flag was so late. Its almost like this was the first football game they've watched this season

There was a guy in front of me with his young daughter and he had one of those big sponge hands ,they were loving it and I saw they were on the telly on match of the day ,I was inches out of shot thank god.

Blades v Norwich last season (19/20)

Went by miself, ended up sat right next to two Norwegian fellas who'd come to see Sander, and also this bald bloke who was dead annoying at first but ended up hilarious!

He was giving all the Norwich players shit when they were warming up, my favourite was...

"HERE, SANDER"

(Sander, warming up next to the Norwich number 4, looks over)

"TAP THAT NUMBER 4 AND TELL HIM HES WANK"

Will take that memory to my grave with me 😂

Back
Top Bottom