United World players

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

HJBlade

Reaction score
Hi Guys, my first post on here, so go easy on me!

Seen as our next manager is expected to make use of the portfolio of clubs the Prince has accumulated, are there any players you believe capable of joining us next season (other than Coulibaly)?

Hi Guys, my first post on here, so go easy on me!

Seen as our next manager is expected to make use of the portfolio of clubs the Prince has accumulated, are there any players you believe capable of joining us next season (other than Coulibaly)?
PurpleRain is your man for beerschot players although with us going down I doubt we’ll be buying from them this summer as good players from the pro league demand a high price. It’s more likely that we’ll be taking a few more low cost gambles on players from around the continent and taking a collaborative approach to developing those players with beerschot like with Coulibaly. The french club the prince has just acquired have been relegated into french none league so not likely. It’ll be more of a long term thing rather than boosting us this summer.

I somewhat agree and there lies the problem. The Prince has bought clubs across the world but they obviously aren’t of the required standard for there to be a player pathway between clubs.

Although having done a little research, Chatearoux’s standouts are Chouref and Leon which are recent French youth internationals. I suspect if they go anywhere they’ll be going to Beerschot and not United.

From clubs the prince owns no i don't think there is but at least we have "contacts" now i suppose.

I somewhat agree and there lies the problem. The Prince has bought clubs across the world but they obviously aren’t of the required standard for there to be a player pathway between clubs.

Although having done a little research, Chatearoux’s standouts are Chouref and Leon which are recent French youth internationals. I suspect if they go anywhere they’ll be going to Beerschot and not United.
It could work in the long term but it requires all partnership clubs to be playing and a relatively high level and there to be a flagship club in the group to provide the buying power and hold the registrations for the players bought I’d imagine that was intended to be us but it requires us to be in the prem.

The ready reckoner is.....
If the French Club is relegated. Then the French, Indian & Dubai clubs are all at the same level for Work Permit purposes.
The maximum number of endorsement points a player who is not a full International (and what would a full International be doing at those clubs) could earn would be
2 for the standard of the club
2 for playing 90% of the minutes
7 for playing in 30% of Youth Internationals for his country

A maximum of 11.
15 needed for a Governing Body Endorsement
Realistically, we cannot sign any non UK players from the French, Dubai or Indian Clubs.

I suspect the path is Chatearoux to Beerschot to us, at the moment anyway. It works both ways though. I'd rather a talented young player was on loan in the Belgium topflight than being kicked about in League 2.

If nothing else, we now have scouting networks in France and Belgium.

I've posted on other threads that I know The Prince wanted to sign an SUFC U23 Academy Player who was being released for his Dubai club. But, the lad got a chance to play in Europe and that suited him better.

The ready reckoner is.....
If the French Club is relegated. Then the French, Indian & Dubai clubs are all at the same level for Work Permit purposes.
The maximum number of endorsement points a player who is not a full International (and what would a full International be doing at those clubs) could earn would be
2 for the standard of the club
2 for playing 90% of the minutes
7 for playing in 30% of Youth Internationals for his country

A maximum of 11.
15 needed for a Governing Body Endorsement
Realistically, we cannot sign any non UK players from the French, Dubai or Indian Clubs.
Careful Phil you’ll end up being type cast as the boards immigration officer.

The Beerschot Ready Reckoner is much more attractive on Endorsement Points
10 for the standard of the league
5 for playing 40% of the minutes
That already gives the 15 points needed for a Governing Body Endorsement

Realistically, we can sign any non UK players from Beerschot who are playing fairly regularly.

PurpleRain is your man for beerschot players although with us going down I doubt we’ll be buying from them this summer as good players from the pro league demand a high price. It’s more likely that we’ll be taking a few more low cost gambles on players from around the continent and taking a collaborative approach to developing those players with beerschot like with Coulibaly. The french club the prince has just acquired have been relegated into french none league so not likely. It’ll be more of a long term thing rather than boosting us this summer.
I don’t think at the moment we will see many movements between the United world clubs. Coulibaly is a possibility but he is injured and since december has not been in best form. He showed signs of improvements recently but now has a nasty foot injury and is not playing. My guess is that both the player and owners want to see him develop one more season in Belgium. We still have a chance to qualify for Europa league that will also have an impact if we would succeed. The Croatian u21 international Radic signed this winter is showing good promise. This can also be a player who could be ready in 22-23 season to make a step up. I think it’s more a long term project United World.

I don’t think at the moment we will see many movements between the United world clubs. Coulibaly is a possibility but he is injured and since december has not been in best form. He showed signs of improvements recently but now has a nasty foot injury and is not playing. My guess is that both the player and owners want to see him develop one more season in Belgium. We still have a chance to qualify for Europa league that will also have an impact if we would succeed. The Croatian u21 international Radic signed this winter is showing good promise. This can also be a player who could be ready in 22-23 season to make a step up. I think it’s more a long term project United World.
Yeah I agree I don’t think any of the clubs will see the true benefits of the partnership for a few years yet. I wonder if we will dip into the Norwegian market again this summer with a view to send those players the beerschot like with Coulibaly.

I wouldn't be surprised if, along with a 'pathway for talent', the other main reason behind United World is scouting. Essentially buying a ready made infrastructure and knowledge base in international markets. Pretty sure, when compared to the alternative - developing your own network(S) from scratch - buying your way into something established will yield a wider pool of talent in a shorter time.

The work permit issue, well is just that, an issue, but the Beerschot link is incredibly valuable in that regard, as Ball_Sup (Phil) points out.

Will we still be the top club in United World next season, or a feeder club for Beerschot, who will be the club in the group playing in there country's top league?

Will we still be the top club in United World next season, or a feeder club for Beerschot, who will be the club in the group playing in there country's top league?
Off course not. The only way this can work if you run the clubs autonomously and you look to strengthen each other, sharing know how and network. Player movements should be very limited.

Off course not. The only way this can work if you run the clubs autonomously and you look to strengthen each other, sharing know how and network. Player movements should be very limited.
I suspect you might have an overweight Frenchman on loan next season.

Back
Top Bottom