Poll - Should we have kept Wilder?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Should we have kept Wilder as manager for next season?

• Total voters

Tony Currie

Reaction score
The vote is for keeping Wilder for next season (whatever that takes) Yes or No.

The poll is on a false premise. That we outright sacked him, rather than the far more likely resignation or mutual agreement.
Not really.
The sentiment behind the vote stands, whatever the reason he left 🙂

The poll is on a false premise. That we outright sacked him, rather than the far more likely resignation or mutual agreement.
Not so, that's why I added "what ever it takes". For example not having a Director of football.

Much easier to say yes we should - when you get hit by the actual reality of what could replace him. Genuinely you would have a nightmares at the thought of Paul Heckinbotham or Neil Lennon replacing him.

But I've said it on a few occasions, Wilder looks absolutely lost at the moment. Could of really got us out next year...who knows. But he probably earnt the opportunity.

Is there a depends option because my answer depends on a number of questions?

If:

he'd be prepared to recruit from outside of the UK
he'd be prepared to use the foreign loan market
he'd be prepared to look at the system
he'd be prepared to agree to a mutually acceptable dof if we went back up

then, yes.

Is there a depends option because my answer depends on a number of questions?

If:

he'd be prepared to recruit from outside of the UK
he'd be prepared to use the foreign loan market
he'd be prepared to look at the system
he'd be prepared to agree to a mutually acceptable dof if we went back up

then, yes.
91% in Favour of keeping him says it all.

Heavens above it never rains than it pours . just read Atkins as joined on the betting list. My God NO

Yes. 100%.

But the guy HAS to accept his own glaring errors of judgement and acknowledge that some more hands on deck with different perspectives could be of a significant help to him in his role.

I have mulled this over a lot today. As you all will have.

Given the PL money he HAS had to spend to have a crack at it at the highest level, why would I go with this as our best XI when all players fit :-

Goalie (Fuck knows but should have moved heaven and earth for Henderson)
George Bash Egan JOC Enda
Sander
Lunny (I know) Fleck
Sharp Dids.

The Lunny situation I will caveat by saying sign the deal or rot in the reserves and I’ll pay over the odds to get Swift in to replace ya 😀.

Our PL recruitment has been Pish. Fact.

When you are a high paid employee, you are accountable and credit in the bank doesn’t last forever.

UTB

I say yes, but unfortunately he dug his own grave in regards to his remarks in the media.

Managers come and go thats true. Experienced it myself many times with no ill effect.

I'll always support the Blades...
But this just feels wrong! On so many levels, and the lack of communication to fans is worrying and unprofessional.
I'm not sure getting rid of the man that sits perfectly between the fans and the club is a good idea. I'm not sure either if I could get behind a new manager, knowing this farce has happened. I just wouldn't feel emotionally invested in the club. Doubt the new manger will be able to press people buttons like Wilder. All the names touted for the job are... garbage. Well some are great names, but wouldn't suit Sheff United.

To do all this at this time too. So close to a match... close to the end of the season and also during this lockdown (but I suppose the latter is a great way to do it when no one can really argue back.)

It stinks to high heaven.

The vote is for keeping Wilder for next season (whatever that takes) Yes or No.

They say you never really know how you would feel about an event until it happens. Many times this season I've wanted a change but now it's almost certainly happened I have to be honest with myself and say I'm hoping for a last minute reprieve.

They say you never really know how you would feel about an event until it happens. Many times this season I've wanted a change but now it's almost certainly happened I have to be honest with myself and say I'm hoping for a last minute reprieve.
Even IF there is a last minute reprieve, Problem is he's had one foot out of the door, things will have been said by both parties that will change things between them, don't think it would be the same Chris Wilder.

Ideally Before it even got to this point, both parties should have talked privately about the situation and tried to work things out, compromise's needed to be given on both sides for us to move forward and get things back on track.

Reactions: SLB
Even IF there is a last minute reprieve, Problem is he's had one foot out of the door, things will have been said by both parties that will change things between them, don't think it would be the same Chris Wilder.

Ideally Before it even got to this point, both parties should have talked privately about the situation and tried to work things out, compromise's needed to be given on both sides for us to move forward and get things back on track.
91.6% want him to stay - not many managers get such a vote of approval by fans, especially if bottom of the league!

91.6% want him to stay - not many managers get such a vote of approval by fans, especially if bottom of the league!
Spot on TC. Incredible support given the situation.
In other news my kids bought me the new Jonathan Coe novel this morning so I’ve updated my avatar accordingly; if anyone has beaten me to it please let me know!

Whoever the board get in the Prince has to find investment if he ever wants to return to the PL. He was the little fish in a big pond.
The other clubs he owns are small clubs in lower leagues, a big fish in little ponds.
I think he will be quite happy to play in the Championship he can pay mid champ wages with his parachute payments.
As for infrastructure improvements shelved for the time being.

Back
Top Bottom