Match Thread Sheffield United v. Southampton - Saturday 6th March 2021

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

SUFC
SUFC
SUFC

Final

Final
Final
SOUT
SOUT
SOUT
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin
1614976665546.png v. 1614976674553.png
EPL Week 27 - Saturday 6th March 2021 - Bramall Lane

Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Matchday Stats/Player Ratings - https://www.s24su.com/forum/index.php?match-day/match/sheffield-united-vs-southampton.535

Officials:

Referee:
Paul Tierney
Assistant Referee: Ian Hussin
Assistant Referee: Sian Massey-Ellis
Fourth Official: Geoff Eltringham
Video Assistant Referee: David Coote
Additional Video Assistant Referee: Timothy Wood

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter
: https://twitter.com/s24su

📺
Live TV Coverage
:

Screenshot 2021-03-06 at 13.42.26.png

i dont think the bogle pen shout was a pen really, but i cant help but think it would have been given against us in other box

Love to know the thought process behind that one from Didzy.

Only 6 ft 5, so he'll have no chance with a little dink!

Give me strength!

Trying to chip a 6ft 6 goalkeeper who’s stood upright when one on one is our season wrapped up in a moment

Let’s hope Tella not to tired after all the lie downs he’s had ... and the ref falls for it every time !
We’ve been shit first half though , cant pick anyone out that’s playing ok

We really deserve to go down, a stain in this league. It’s like watching a rugby team have a go.

Whats even worse is that this has been the blueprint for the whole fucking year.

Inexcusably bad!

The fact that he gives all those free kicks mean that he has to give that as a penalty kick as well.

He has decided that contact is not allowed.

Obviously it wasn't a penalty but neither are all those free kicks.

These are absolutely rubbish and we’ve gifted them a goal....got to change formation to get more numbers in midfield as losing too many second balls. We can win this if we go to 4-4-2. Think Brewster has been really good

2 things

Is Lundstram playing?

Do we have any concept of winning the second ball?

Asking for a friend

Yes, yes he is. There were a couple of times when he had the ball and we had a man over and Bogle or Baldock made a burst through and he turned and passed it back under absolutely no pressure.

So fed up of 30% possession each game and expecting to somehow win. Its like some non league team taking on the big boys!

I really like McGoldrick, but sometimes he tries too hard to be classy. That one just needed a conventional slot into the corner.

I think we will switch to 442 fairly soon in second half. Feel sorry for Brewster today - never thought I’d say that- but nothing created and he is trying to put himself about and then we lump it forward aiming gif his head - never going to win it against their centre halves. Play this way and need McBurnie to hold it up or Burke’s pace but god - Hobsons choice!

Our main man's having a stinker unfortunately.

As soon as they fall over Tierney free kick FFS

I hate when the referee forget that football is a contact sport. You are not suppose to give a fee kick because someone throws himself to the grass.
Man is better suited to referee basketball, he was the same with Arsenal in the FA Cup. Free kick, Free kick, Free kick, Free kick ad nauseum.

I know lots are slagging Southampton for going down easy but if we are fucking stupid enough to touch them they will go down. I just want us to stand off them and stop giving fucking cheap free kicks away.
Norwood, lundstram ,ampadu - piss poor
Stevens not much better.
Hope wilder strips the paint off the wall at half time.

Without being super negative why are people getting so worked up. Win lose or draw we’re finishing bottom and going down 😂

The first half:

Unnecessary foul
Unnecessary foul
Unnecessary foul
Unnecessary foul
Unnecessary foul
Unnecessary foul
Unnecessary foul
Unnecessary foul
Unnecessary foul
Daft penalty tackle
Unnecessary foul
Unnecessary foul
Unnecessary foul
Unnecessary foul
Unnecessary foul
Unnecessary foul
Unnecessary foul
McGoldrick can't shoot

Fleck putting some great balls in. Bogle is a bin fire in defence. McGoldrick doing well outside of finishing

McG just needs to simplify it sometimes..the flick near the end, and the pass for Brewster earlier on.
Shame about the pen.

Again 4 at the back would not have isolated Ampadu. That ball over the top with the back 3 is causing problems

We defended better against Villa with 10 men (and a back 4) because Watkins kept making runs down between WB and CB.

They ain't playing too bad- still in the game. Need Fleck and Lunny to get on ball more and dictate. If chances come got to take them- we should have had 2 that half..

McG just needs to simplify it sometimes..the flick near the end, and the pass for Brewster earlier on.
Shame about the pen.
switch to a back 4 and get another body in midfield ... oops sorry were not supposed to suggest owt on here because the systems working chris says so 🤨

Back
Top Bottom