Match Thread Sheffield United v. Aston Villa - 3rd March 2021

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I dont mean this with any malice at all, but the way Norwoods playing the role needs to change. He isnt showing enough, and he isnt being brave enough. He literally lays ot off to somebody under pressure and points to nowhere. I know weve no options like.

Were winning tho! Get in.
He seems very isolated but I think that’s down to the fact our midfield is generally all over the place this season. Last season we generally worked like clockwork in midfield so even when he was under pressure he had an out ball.

i dont know about anyone else, i don’t mind villa but for some reason i can’t stand Mings! Looks like an arrogant twat, worse than grealish for me - at least he is talented.

Actually enjoyed that half for a change. Norwood is playing well, Lunny isn't. If there's a sub I hope he takes Lunny off. I hope he lets Brewster play the full 90. Didzy will tire anyway. Ramsdale looks a different player and Bryan is miles better than Robinson. Stevens is playing better. Still something not right with Fleck. Jags such an asset even at his age. Good interceptions from Baldock and Ampadu.

Brewster off Burke on.

They Gonna pile forward. Need Burke on to keep them on their heels a little bit
Brewster first touch was 15 mins then 34 mins then had a good 10 mins, a great ball through then the shot!
Agree second half all set up for Burke and McB on the break! But it won’t happen!

I think Norwood is having a good game. One bad pass that was more Stevens not reading it and he has made a number of important tackles. Lundstram is very frustrating though. Don't think he know what a forward pass is and he breaks momentum so many times.

He seems very isolated but I think that’s down to the fact our midfield is generally all over the place this season. Last season we generally worked like clockwork in midfield so even when he was under pressure he had an out ball.

Yeah true no doubt. But also when hes in space and gets the ball he still looks under pressure.

Grateful to be one up but I thought we were woeful.
Didsy, great as usual. Lundstram, what fucking backwards-passing show pony! Get him off and play forward with some intent. He's a one man masterclass in passing the ball backwards and killing a move.
Need another to win this but Villa can't surely play as bad again, can they?
Come on United!!
UTB

overall i think we’ve played a lot worse this season than that half of footy, sure we can improve on it but i’d take that over 80% of our other games.

This is a novel half-time.
Someone should write about it.

No way a Penalty😂 wonder what the panel said about the decapitation last week!?

Actually enjoyed that half for a change. Norwood is playing well, Lunny isn't. If there's a sub I hope he takes Lunny off. I hope he lets Brewster play the full 90. Didzy will tire anyway. Ramsdale looks a different player and Bryan is miles better than Robinson. Stevens is playing better. Still something not right with Fleck. Jags such an asset even at his age. Good interceptions from Baldock and Ampadu.
Norwood is playing well? Gi ore lad

overall i think we’ve played a lot worse this season than that half of footy, sure we can improve on it but i’d take that over 80% of our other games.
Played well in parts against West Ham, played well in parts against Liverpool, playing good in parts here- but it's a rollercoaster of emotions each time- we don't control the game.

But come on 1- 0 up cant be bad C'mon Blades..

Anyone think Baldock's clocked how good Bogle is at coming in on his left peg and decided to work on it?

We already getting pushed deeper and deeper. They get 1 they will get 2...

Played well in parts against West Ham, played well in parts against Liverpool, playing good in parts here- but it's a rollercoaster of emotions each time- we don't control the game.

But come on 1- 0 up cant be bad C'mon Blades..
Spot on, need to have more control otherwise we know what will happen, cant expect to defend for 45 and keep the score at 1-0. It’s a tactic that has not worked all season

Back
Top Bottom