Jamie Ward on his way?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Hes probably nailed on a piece of wood more like

Still waiting. If he goes anytime in the next 3-4 seasons does that make this rumour a fact?

No Ward on the bench again today. Has he got a niggle or is this a sign that he might be off on loan somewhere later this week?

No Ward on the bench again today. Has he got a niggle or is this a sign that he might be off on loan somewhere later this week?

He's supposedly off out on loan this week. Swap deals with Derby have been mentioned too.

My lad's Derby mate insists he's going there.

UTB

Kopped hasn't been back to this thread since he cast these pearls of wisdom 2 weeks ago...

If Ward goes at this time, I'll be very surprised. Quinn tho: is nailed on. He'll be gone Monday Morning with Le Fondre and a CB being confirmed IN

Apparently we are in for Tonge but Stoke won't let him go while they are in the Cup. This is what is delaying the Ward deal.

APPARENTLY! This the rumour surrounding Ward (and the fact that someone saw Ward and Yeates fighting with other players at Shirecliffe last week)

Quinn out? No
Gone Monday morning? No
Le Fondre in? No
CB in? Yes

Congratulations, you said we'd get someone in a position we need cover. Still, it's not 50%.

Quinn out? No
Gone Monday morning? No
Le Fondre in? No
CB in? Yes

Congratulations, you said we'd get someone in a position we need cover. Still, it's not 50%.

25% accuracy right there.

would be interesting to knowwhat mickey adams comments about certain players (ward ?)were, cheating their club, is wardy just another billy big bollox type character who has,nt lived up to billing, mmmm seems to me some players have been rumbled :p

It pains me that the quick, committed and fearless player that Ward used to be is exactly the sort of player we need now.

If we do go down I'll not think kindly of him.

Quinn out? No
Gone Monday morning? No
Le Fondre in? No
CB in? Yes

4 Players!!!!

Ward OUT, NO! Correct
Quinn Out, NO! Wrong
Le Fondre IN, NO! Wrong
CB In, Yes! Correct

50% like I said, besides owt can happen on transfer deadline day.

If rumour is correct after the day:
Le Fondre Transfer was cancelled by KM, because he wouldn't pay the £400K Transfer Fee!
Montgomery was all but gone to Leeds but was cancelled at the last minute by US (Quinn was supposed to be going to Ipswich, not sure what happened). Apparently Leeds are still trying to sign him.
Ward looks set for Derby (if the Tonge thing is true)

That's the latest I've heard, up to speed ;)

If rumour is correct after the day:
Le Fondre Transfer was cancelled by KM, because he wouldn't pay the £400K Transfer Fee!
Montgomery was all but gone to Leeds but was cancelled at the last minute by US (Quinn was supposed to be going to Ipswich, not sure what happened). Apparently Leeds are still trying to sign him.
Ward looks set for Derby (if the Tonge thing is true)

That's the latest I've heard, up to speed ;)

I wonder which 25% of that is correct.

The first one sounds extremely plausible to me.

Good old Odders :D . How you finding your time on the dark side?

Personally I believe there is an element of truth in most of these particularly the Monty, Quinny and Tonge rumours.

Good old Odders :D . How you finding your time on the dark side?

Dark Side? If you mean organising meetings for fans to ask questions to Mr Batho about the club, as long as it's constructive questions and feedback, then last Saturday's meet was short on numbers but had lots of questions of which most were answered.

I'll be posting them up on here, BM and the Crossed Blades.

If you mean on BM, I'm doing Ok, I tend to stay off when I have a drink these days :D

Word on the street this morning is that he has gone. He's a ram!

No word yet on a replacement

On whether any replacement will be a loan with a view to permanent? (as is the case with JW apparantly)

Or, on whether he's turned out more than 13 times in two and a half years either! :confused: (still can't believe that one!!!)

Fingers crossed

Dark Side? If you mean organising meetings for fans to ask questions to Mr Batho about the club, as long as it's constructive questions and feedback, then last Saturday's meet was short on numbers but had lots of questions of which most were answered.

I'll be posting them up on here, BM and the Crossed Blades.

If you mean on BM, I'm doing Ok, I tend to stay off when I have a drink these days :D

No it wasn't a dig at the role, just a comment on the some of the posts from BM about this place :D

Should we be questioning the wisdom of one of our players going to a team that is one of our key relegation rivals? Be just like the Blades to give Derby a leg up so they get out of trouble at our own expense.

Let's just hope he has a niggling injury, not too serious, that keeps him quiet for most of the rest of this season.

Wonder who is coming in to replace him?
Winger?
Someone with pace?
A player with guile and trickery who can create chances for the forwards?
No, of course not - who am I looking to kid. Peanuts = monkeys doesn't it.

Should we be questioning the wisdom of one of our players going to a team that is one of our key relegation rivals? Be just like the Blades to give Derby a leg up so they get out of trouble at our own expense.

Let's just hope he has a niggling injury, not too serious, that keeps him quiet for most of the rest of this season.

Wonder who is coming in to replace him?

If we were giving away the Jamie Ward we saw up until the 3-2 win over Wednesday, I'd agree with you. However, the only contribution I can recall from this year is a ridiculous red card away at Leeds. Good luck to him, hope for his sake he can re-capture the form which convinced us to spend £333,000 on him but as it is, his wages are better saved.

I wonder what the future agreed fee is?

I doubt its very much. Derby are skint and Ward's form has been poor. If we get as much as 200k for him in this deal I would be surprised.

That would still be brilliant. They've banked a bit from the Commons and Hulse sales though so it's probably reasonable.

Injury prone,no goals since Feb 2010 his petulance and skill for amassing numerous cards he can leave for me.
I still haven't forgiven him for his shining moment at Wembley,subbed on at 60 minutes it took him 15 minutes for his first deliberate hand ball card then another 4 minutes before he earned his red which effectively ruled out any chance of an equalizer.

Back
Top Bottom