Have the club accepted relegation?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Reaction score
It seems very weird that cover for JOC hasn’t been announced already, it’s clearly our weakest link and has been since the start of the season, our cover just isn’t good so it begs the question with so much time to plan for this replacement why hasn’t it been announced, whilst not happy to be relegated it’s almost a bigger slap in the face to the rest of the squad that we haven’t at least plugged this gap.
Anyway good luck today blades and I hope the younger lads get a run out can’t be any worse than what we’ve seen this season already ⚔️⚔️⚔️

It seems very weird that cover for JOC hasn’t been announced already, it’s clearly our weakest link and has been since the start of the season, our cover just isn’t good so it begs the question with so much time to plan for this replacement why hasn’t it been announced, whilst not happy to be relegated it’s almost a bigger slap in the face to the rest of the squad that we haven’t at least plugged this gap.
Anyway good luck today blades and I hope the younger lads get a run out can’t be any worse than what we’ve seen this season already ⚔️⚔️⚔️

Has any club signed a player yet in this transfer window ?

Yes, the club has accepted relegation.

We have 2 points.
We need to win every other game to survive. Difficult when you can't score goals.
As stated above that would destroy any thread of confidence or hope in our squad if there was any left to destroy, very dangerous to accept it so early even if reality is starring you in the face, most of this team will be needed in the championship and carrying over this kind of shocking season will leave its scars

Of course the board and the owner have accepted relegation. We'd be even deeper in the mire, if they were so deluded than to think we could somehow escape relegation. That's a positive.

I think given our position, quality loans will be impossible.

We should be preparing for life in the championship. I’d be trimming the wage bill now, not adding to it.
With our wage structure and 3 year parachute payments we shouldn’t have to offload players for financial reasons only if we/they desire a move. It’s a weird one in jan a couple of loan signings to help stop the rot and rebuild momentum would be good plus if we can pick up a couple of cheaper younger players in midfield/ centreback that we’d then look to develop would be nice.

No I don’t think they have just yet. I think they’re still holding onto the hope of a miracle, which is what we need with our current points total and remaining games.

I have accepted it personally. Made peace with it even. I have in my head that we’re a Championship club in waiting now. Just need to cross off the remaining games and get on with the squad overhaul.

If we lose and Brighton win then it's nailed on......we are 95.8% down

i think we have all just about accepted it and the club as well might not be a bad idea to bring a couple of loans in with a view that they could be in our starting 11 in august in the championship

We can say all day long on here that we think we’re down but there’s no way the club should be downing tools, no fucking way, they’ve got us into this shitty mess so they can at least attempt to get us out of it.

I hope they have and intensively planning is going on for next season with extra attention being paid to the confidence and morale of those we want with us next season.

That doesn't mean giving up on this season, it means paying extra attention to the extreme likelihood rather than pursuing empty bravado.

We are down.

But not having signed any players two days into the window means nothing.

I hope we’re trying to bring in a LCB and a creative midfielder to improve us now. I understand the argument that we should save the money to invest in the squad for next season but for me we should be fighting for every point and aiming to finish as well as possible. It’s worth the money now to boost morale and momentum going into next season.

I don't think they have and shouldn't it until it's mathematically certain. They can still plan for both scenarios, with the likelihood that it will be championship football next season. That is why loans makes sense for now in my opinion.

As bad as we have been, I just have a feeling that we will go on a run and at least make things interesting for a while.

I FUCKING HOPE NOT, I’m a Sheffield United fan, and for those of you who seen to have forgotten, Sheffield United play in the Premier League and until its mathematically impossible for us to avoid relegation, all I’m interested in is how we are going to stay there.

Let the club make all the contingency plans they want, that’s just good planning, but if staying in the Premier League is not plan A then something has gone rotten at the club.

With our wage structure and 3 year parachute payments we shouldn’t have to offload players for financial reasons only if we/they desire a move. It’s a weird one in jan a couple of loan signings to help stop the rot and rebuild momentum would be good plus if we can pick up a couple of cheaper younger players in midfield/ centreback that we’d then look to develop would be nice.
I agree to an extent. There’s no way players like Berge will be with us in the championship, so we should look to offload as soon as possible, injuries aside.

If we can find any players that would fit us in the championship (wage wise) and add something to us now (eg the Reading lad) we should look to do that type of deal.

We also shouldn’t over estimate how long parachute payments last. Most of it will be taken up covering contracts for players who are probably finished with us.

Might take the pressure of. Odd how often the game after a team is religated win.

WHAT A STUPID COMMENT

we accept defeat if we are 15 points adrift with 4 games left and not before

despite the shit results we are still only 4 wins adrift
over 22 games left we need to win 11 and draw 3

have teams in the past overcome a 12 point deficit before

come back at the end of march be a bit more valid then than now with two-thirds of the season still to play

Last edited:

If ever there was a football club that had relegation clauses written into players contracts Sheffield United would be an absolute definite

So having to sell won't be an issue

Our players already won't be among the best paid in the Championship so when the paycut comes and the club is still getting Premier League parachute payments because of what they achieved, they'll be even more naffed off than they are now

WHAT A STUPID COMMENT

we accept defeat if we are 15 points adrift with 4 games left and not before

despite the shit results we are still only 4 wins adrift
over 22 games left we need to win 11 and draw 3

have teams in the past overcome a 12 point deficit before

come back at the end of march be a bit more valid then than now with two-thirds of the season still to play
WE NEED ANOTHER 35 points. ( Estimate.) That's 9 wins 8 draws 5 Losses

I agree to an extent. There’s no way players like Berge will be with us in the championship, so we should look to offload as soon as possible, injuries aside.

If we can find any players that would fit us in the championship (wage wise) and add something to us now (eg the Reading lad) we should look to do that type of deal.

We also shouldn’t over estimate how long parachute payments last. Most of it will be taken up covering contracts for players who are probably finished with us.
I agree we need to rebuild the midfield. But wages wise we shouldn’t be over stretched parachute payments wise moe y should be there for 4 or 5 astute signings.

Back
Top Bottom