Is this the best we can do as fans?!

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Booker4

Reaction score
We're all down, we're all pissed off and angry, shocked. I know myself included I said I can't see where the next point is coming from etc. It's been 48 hours now and I've had time to reflect. I'm not going to go into details about the merits of the performance on Saturday. But I just wonder if our fans realise how it comes across on here, social media, whatever platform we choose to express our opinion is huge. Is it just me, or am I the only one who thinks that it just comes across that our fans have thrown the towel in, most believe we're already down, even if we don't believe that, most have taken to posts like Ramsdale 3/10, Baldock 4/10 just not good enough, McBurnie is he even a footballer etc?!

Do people realise that collectively we come across as a negative set of fans that are just bemused, at our wits end and our main contribution to our cause right now now is criticism?! Ask yourself is that really helping? We can't go to the games to cheer on, this is literally all we have - forums etc. We know that Ramsdale and Norwood have commented on the effects of negativity, if you disagree maybe I'm wrong, but I sure know that we can't do any harm by positivity but we can by constant criticism. I don't often post on here as a topic, but I decided to do so because quite frankly its toxic, and I want our players to know that we do still believe - I know I bleeding do anyway and I've seen is get out of worse situations than this back in 1991. I'm just a single fan, obviously, but I don't think I'm the only one who thinks that we can do so much more than this. We have to change this now in my opinion.

We need to get behind them now, put aside our frustrations and start the positivity and support. Why not write a letter to a player in support, the manager giving our support, ring football heaven if that's your thing, write a positive post on a facebook group, if we change the mood from negativity we can make a real difference. I hope this post is taken well, I'm trying not to be critical of anyone on here, collectively or individually.

I'm feeling positively negative .....
Just thinking that... Fulham having a right go... They are streets ahead of us. We would have 10 men behind the ball waiting for them to score because we can't be expected to compete with their quality or go toe to toe with them

They can all fuck off.

10 grand a week is enough, never mind support letters. Let’s massage their egos a little bit more shall we. They deserve to be told they’re playing wank.

I think they know they're not playing well enough Birley, certainly across the course of the season. Although I think we're actually playing some really good stuff, we should have won on Saturday in my view just for Saturday. My point is that I think if we're actually not helping. You obviously disagree, that's your right Birley. I'm just desperately thinking of something we can do to help, however small that contribution may be.

They can all fuck off.

10 grand a week is enough, never mind support letters. Let’s massage their egos a little bit more shall we. They deserve to be told they’re playing wank.
I agree however there's a fine line between giving them criticism like an arse hole and contrxutive criticism that's what Chris needs to do. They won't be unaware of their performances, the lack of wins or the table position but the last thing he needs now is to lose them as team mates.

We have a limited effect as fans not being in the ground.....but I'm sure most players will be aware, and discouraged by a lot of what's said online!!

I know they get paid too much, but that's not their fault......and I know, no matter what I was paid in my job, if I had thousands of people putting me down publicly, I'd be more likely to make mistakes!!

I'm not saying pretend everything's ok, of course it's not!!.....but be aware, if we want to, we can make a positive difference whilst not there in person....

We're all down, we're all pissed off and angry, shocked. I know myself included I said I can't see where the next point is coming from etc. It's been 48 hours now and I've had time to reflect. I'm not going to go into details about the merits of the performance on Saturday. But I just wonder if our fans realise how it comes across on here, social media, whatever platform we choose to express our opinion is huge. Is it just me, or am I the only one who thinks that it just comes across that our fans have thrown the towel in, most believe we're already down, even if we don't believe that, most have taken to posts like Ramsdale 3/10, Baldock 4/10 just not good enough, McBurnie is he even a footballer etc?!

Do people realise that collectively we come across as a negative set of fans that are just bemused, at our wits end and our main contribution to our cause right now now is criticism?! Ask yourself is that really helping? We can't go to the games to cheer on, this is literally all we have - forums etc. We know that Ramsdale and Norwood have commented on the effects of negativity, if you disagree maybe I'm wrong, but I sure know that we can't do any harm by positivity but we can by constant criticism. I don't often post on here as a topic, but I decided to do so because quite frankly its toxic, and I want our players to know that we do still believe - I know I bleeding do anyway and I've seen is get out of worse situations than this back in 1991. I'm just a single fan, obviously, but I don't think I'm the only one who thinks that we can do so much more than this. We have to change this now in my opinion.

We need to get behind them now, put aside our frustrations and start the positivity and support. Why not write a letter to a player in support, the manager giving our support, ring football heaven if that's your thing, write a positive post on a facebook group, if we change the mood from negativity we can make a real difference. I hope this post is taken well, I'm trying not to be critical of anyone on here, collectively or individually.
So you think after these 10 games just gone we have a chance of staying up? Apart from Ramsdale 3/10, can't really blame most of us for saying Baldock,McBurnie aren't good enough unless you're seeing something else

I'm not even sure I give a fuck anymore and I don't think that's because of how bad we are I think it's more to do with the fact I can't go and the fact I'm starting to realise that the Prem is the most poxy league in the world.

I remember right at the start of this project restart and I think it might have been Ball_Sup (Phil) who said he wasn't a fan of Sheffield United but a fan of going to watch Sheffield United. Apologies if that was a mis-quote but I think it was something along those lines. I didn't really understand that at the time but fair enough each to their own. However, the longer this lockdown shite has gone on, the more I've realised I think I'm becoming of a similar mindset.

Football really is nothing without fans, in fact it's not even remotely interesting without them, especially at the top level.

But anyway, I think I've come across as quite negative over the last few weeks but I think it's because I'm pissed off I can't be there. I'm pissed off at the fact everything that seems to happen is to the benefit of the top 6. I'm pissed off that the FA bend over for the people with the most money. I'm pissed off that no one gives a fuck about the fans. I'm pissed off that we never play on a Saturday. I'm pissed off that I can't go to the pub before and after the game to at least find solace with fellow Blades.

I think I was much more positive when I could actually go to the games tbh. I've never been less interested in not just football but SUFC as well. It's sad but it is what it is. I'm just not that bothered. I really couldn't muster the energy to tag the players in some of the shit dished out on social media.

I think they know they're not playing well enough Birley, certainly across the course of the season. Although I think we're actually playing some really good stuff, we should have won on Saturday in my view just for Saturday. My point is that I think if we're actually not helping. You obviously disagree, that's your right Birley. I'm just desperately thinking of something we can do to help, however small that contribution may be.
Everything just seems to be going to shit of late, Fulham are currently beating Leicester 2-0.

Fulham were relegation favourites so if Leicester do end up losing tonight, they’re gonna be well up for us this weekend.

Needs to be turned round before Christmas or I’m afraid there’s not a prayer.

The ones who post the reviews you talk about are the bullied in the playground types. Social inadequates, no friends, still live at home with mum at 50 etc. And then there’s Birley Blade .

You can’t turn that around. It’s their one play for attention.

You can see it on here, and the Facebook groups. For every bed wetting prick, there’s a hundred voices drowning them out.

But stopping it is impossible.

I've never understood why any 'fan' would think it's going to help matters by going on social media to 'troll' our own players and manager.
There is no place for trolling players and staff on social media. Nor calling them nasty names on a Forum.
There is a place however for genuine criticism and expressing concern about performance and ability.
It’s a Forum.

It's all well and good players commenting on the negativity. How's about putting a performance in that's worthy of a bit of praise?

If fans were really on their back at games I'd be annoyed to say the least and would expect to see greater support.

I think it's a bit much to expect all social media to be Adkinsesque though under the circumstances. Unless fans are being ****s and sending critical messages direct to players then I think it's harsh to not expect any form of criticism whether you agree with it or not.

If players are reading this forum and getting upset then frankly they need to look at themselves.

If fans were really on their back at games I'd be annoyed to say the least and would expect to see greater support.

I think it's a bit much to expect all social media to be Adkinsesque though under the circumstances. Unless fans are being ****s and sending critical messages direct to players then I think it's harsh to not expect any form of criticism whether you agree with it or not.

If players are reading this forum and getting upset then frankly they need to look at themselves.

I think if we were playing this badly with fans in the stadium, I reckon there'd be fights breaking out all over the place between people getting on their backs and people encouraging others to get behind them. Seen it happen before under Robson, Weir and others as well.

I think if we were playing this badly with fans in the stadium, I reckon there'd be fights breaking out all over the place between people getting on their backs and people encouraging others to get behind them. Seen it happen before under Robson, Weir and others as well.
Honestly don't think it would be that bad currently but no doubt there would be a small minority getting shirty

Honestly don't think it would be that bad currently but no doubt there would be a small minority getting shirty

Think that might be why it would be worse in all honesty haha. Just think Wilder has so much more slack than the other managers that there'd be a much greater objection to any negativity. But then again I dont think we'd be in as deep shit as we are if we were all in the ground tbf.

You can’t turn that around. It’s their one play for attention.
I give an opinion, it’s what a forum is for, no matter how popular it may or may not be.

You’re the one crying for attention. You’re the one constantly mentioning me in posts. You’re the one that claims I’m a “pig”. You’re the one who writes about me in sly digs trying to receive a couple of likes. Grow up.

I give an opinion, it’s what a forum is for, no matter how popular it may or may not be.

You’re the one crying for attention. You’re the one constantly mentioning me in posts. You’re the one that claims I’m a “pig”. You’re the one who writes about me in sly digs trying to receive a couple of likes. Grow up.
It’s the first time I’ve ever tagged you. Don’t flatter yourself, porky.

Totally get peoples views and of course its everyone's right to express their view on a forum. However, if someone's not playing well in their opinion, then I just don't see how telling them they're not playing well helps? Yes many argue the players won't read it, well I hope they don't because our main contribution on here is criticism - it really is. I think all that helps is that particular fan to vent, and even then, it's not going to change the result. Do those fans think that all the players are motivated by our criticism?! I trust that Wilder and Knill will do enough that, as well as doing their best to motivate the team.

What I'm trying to say is, we're literally the only people in the country who will support them - no other fans are going to our they? I'm not saying that we should give all the players 8/10 every week but I just don't think we realise how toxic it is.

I'm not even sure I give a fuck anymore and I don't think that's because of how bad we are I think it's more to do with the fact I can't go and the fact I'm starting to realise that the Prem is the most poxy league in the world.

I remember right at the start of this project restart and I think it might have been Ball_Sup (Phil) who said he wasn't a fan of Sheffield United but a fan of going to watch Sheffield United. Apologies if that was a mis-quote but I think it was something along those lines. I didn't really understand that at the time but fair enough each to their own. However, the longer this lockdown shite has gone on, the more I've realised I think I'm becoming of a similar mindset.

Football really is nothing without fans, in fact it's not even remotely interesting without them, especially at the top level.

But anyway, I think I've come across as quite negative over the last few weeks but I think it's because I'm pissed off I can't be there. I'm pissed off at the fact everything that seems to happen is to the benefit of the top 6. I'm pissed off that the FA bend over for the people with the most money. I'm pissed off that no one gives a fuck about the fans. I'm pissed off that we never play on a Saturday. I'm pissed off that I can't go to the pub before and after the game to at least find solace with fellow Blades.

I think I was much more positive when I could actually go to the games tbh. I've never been less interested in not just football but SUFC as well. It's sad but it is what it is. I'm just not that bothered. I really couldn't muster the energy to tag the players in some of the shit dished out on social media.
It's tricky BettingBlade As you say, I sort of knew from the outset of Project Restart that it wasn't for me. I'm amazed at the amount of emotional investment (via Social Media) that some Blades seem to have in the current Pretend Football. I'm not critical of them. Their choice. But, made for TV, crowd piped in, Tuesday 4pm kick off, nurse with a snot riddled cotton bud can pick the team, here today, same shit in three days time, disposable, fast fashion, Ersatz Football - it's a different sport. It's PLINO. Premier League In Name Only. How do we know Ramsdale is 3/10? He hasn't played a real game yet. McBurnie might be superb once he plays in a real game. Sack Wilder? Why the fuck would you do that in the middle of some exhibition games, ahead of the real stuff. I empathise with Booker4 OP. Fine sentiments. But, if I saw the players, I wouldn't offer them detached, digital, written support. I'd just say.

See you in months or years when real football starts again. Don't fret. This current circus doesn't matter.

Football is mothballed. My support is mothballed. Don't lose your shit.

It's tricky BettingBlade As you say, I sort of knew from the outset of Project Restart that it wasn't for me. I'm amazed at the amount of emotional investment (via Social Media) that some Blades seem to have in the current Pretend Football. I'm not critical of them. Their choice. But, made for TV, crowd piped in, Tuesday 4pm kick off, nurse with a snot riddled cotton bud can pick the team, here today, same shit in three days time, disposable, fast fashion, Ersatz Football - it's a different sport. It's PLINO. Premier League In Name Only. How do we know Ramsdale is 3/10? He hasn't played a real game yet. McBurnie might be superb once he plays in a real game. Sack Wilder? Why the fuck would you do that in the middle of some exhibition games, ahead of the real stuff. I empathise with Booker4 OP. Fine sentiments. But, if I saw the players, I wouldn't offer this detached, digital, written support. I'd just say.

See you in months or years when real football starts again. Don't fret. This current circus doesn't matter.

Football is mothballed. My support is mothballed. Don't lose your shit.
The emotion is because (although I agree with your mothballed analogy), we’ll be back in 6 months, “suffering” the consequences.

The emotion is because (although I agree with your mothballed analogy), we’ll be back in 6 months, “suffering” the consequences.
I fully understand you might feel you're suffering. But I won't. The virus did all this. Out of my control. Out of Wilder's control. Out of Ramsdale's control. No one to blame. Emotions in check. PLINO

Fulham are having a go. Why can't we do the same? Get in team's faces. Rattle the opposition. We're nothing like the team we were last few years. That's down to the players. How much do they really want it or are they just happy driving their flash cars and flaunting their girlfriends. I'm not sure anymore

I think there's such a disconnect though that any online criticism seems almost hateful at times.

At least when we're in the ground theres a feel that we're in it together. Numerous times I've seen us start slowly and almost concede then all of a sudden theres this wave of 'come on you fuckers, wake up' encouragement that spreads round the ground. There's no chance of doing that from home.

That emotion just isnt the same. We can all shout at the telly but who are we actually shouting at? No one. You just end up the talk of the street, when all your neighbours think you're some raving maniac.

Back
Top Bottom