All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

It all has the feel of a contract winding down and for it's last season Adidas have given us any old shit. The green away kit is poor but still the best of the kits this season but by god that isn't hard to be the first two were shockingly poor. I'll be very surprised if we turn out wearing Adidas stuff next season.

We need to get back to Macron.

It all has the feel of a contract winding down and for it's last season Adidas have given us any old shit. The green away kit is poor but still the best of the kits this season but by god that isn't hard to be the first two were shockingly poor. I'll be very surprised if we turn out wearing Adidas stuff next season.
That pink shirt has sold out twice. I'd love to see the sales compared to other shirts over the years.

If he wanted it, yes, he has.
Pre-order should just be a deposit, simple business 101.
I think the point is that it was a choice to pay the amount when ordered. If there was ambiguity about when payment would be charged then criticism is fair enough, but presumably it was clear that anyone buying it would be charged at the time they put their card details in.

I think the point is that it was a choice to pay the amount when ordered. If there was ambiguity about when payment would be charged then criticism is fair enough, but presumably it was clear that anyone buying it would be charged at the time they put their card details in.
If they wanted the ‘limited edition 3rd kit, only so many available!’ people had to pay the full fee upfront for a product that hadn’t been made yet, and will be delivered ‘later this year some point maybe I dunno’ which has now been delayed to 2021 at best.

Sticks in the craw a bit. It should’ve been a deposit until the shirts are actually ready to be dispatched.

If they wanted the ‘limited edition 3rd kit, only so many available!’ people had to pay the full fee upfront for a product that hadn’t been made yet, and will be delivered ‘later this year some point maybe I dunno’ which has now been delayed to 2021 at best.

Sticks in the craw a bit. It should’ve been a deposit until the shirts are actually ready to be dispatched.
I don’t really see why it’s any different to another preorder. I stopped buying our kits probably about 10 years ago, but as I recall when I’d “preordered” the new kit back when we used to have to wait multiple months in preseason (or beyond) before they arrived. You would pay at the time you ordered, not via a phased process. I’m sure if people feel they’ve been conned they’ll be submitting requests for full refunds – but I suspect that this is just providing the latest Complaint De Jour with the club.

I don’t really see why it’s any different to another preorder. I stopped buying our kits probably about 10 years ago, but as I recall when I’d “preordered” the new kit back when we used to have to wait multiple months in preseason (or beyond) before they arrived. You would pay at the time you ordered, not via a phased process. I’m sure if people feel they’ve been conned they’ll be submitting requests for full refunds – but I suspect that this is just providing the latest Complaint De Jour with the club.
I'm not actually complaining about the club, I just find it funny that it's happened. I thought the days of late kit releases had been and gone, now they're back it's almost nostalgic. Ironically it's the first Blades shirt I've ordered for myself ever and it reminds me of the lottery of getting a kit for my birthday (first weekend of the season most seasons) as a kid. This time it was a question of whether my sons would turn up for Christmas and it won't!

I always used to put it down to us having tinpot shirt manufacturers like Avec, Macron and Patrick but we've got Adidas now and it's still happened (albeit there are other factors in play). I wonder if Elev8's sweatshop can get some rush orders through if we give them a bell?!

That's not how any preorder works now really, not the pre-orders I've made anyway. Usually you just get in line, maybe pay a deposit if it's an expensive item and then they take payment at shipping.

I also very rarely complain about anything the club does. Think I've had a moan about lack of season tickets last season, and the lack of stock of the kits last season and that's about it when it comes to them taking money off me.

If I wanted the kit I had to pay for it, to say I "didn't have to though" is stupid, well obviously I didn't have to, you don't have to do anything, you don't have to pay for Sky and BT to watch us, I could go on dodgyvirusstreams dot Kazakhstan domain suffix or whatever, and I could get all our shirts from DHGate but I try and support the club where I can, especially at the moment.

Paying first and it getting delayed is what I'd expect of a wank kick starter campaign, not the release of a football shirt (which we should be half decent at having done it a fair few times, and is something every other team in the league manages just fine, Covid or not).

Speak for yourself, if I'm pre-ordering things I only usually need to make a deposit until they're ready for dispatch. Take the PS5 as the latest of those.
I didn't like it at the time because it wasn't a firm date, but if I wanted the shirt I had to do it, and now they've been delayed I'm fucked off with it. If you can't guarantee the orders by a certain time, don't charge the full price until you can.

As for 'the latest Complaint De Jour' I have plenty to say about the team, but rarely the club. It's ran well, especially since Princey took the reigns, there's been nothing to complain about unless you're being picky imo. I certainly haven't. This is a bit different.

You haven’t ‘had’ to pay £70 for it though, have you?

Was there an option of guaranteeing one in my size and paying less or paying when it came out?

I didn't see one.

If you're suggesting "you didn't have to buy it" in a stroppy "don't like it, fuck off" way, well, because I wanted it, I did have to buy it. I just wanted to receive it.

Was there an option of guaranteeing one in my size and paying less or paying when it came out?

I didn't see one.

If you're suggesting "you didn't have to buy it" in a stroppy "don't like it, fuck off" way, well, because I wanted it, I did have to buy it. I just wanted to receive it.
I'm clearly the one being stroppy/mardy here... :)
The 'everyone's a bit skint' line is a bit redundant when you just dropped 70 quid on a football shirt, surely? IMO, of course.
And to make out like you were forced to do so in some way as well...
You will receive it. And from the graphic it sounds to me like they might consider refunds, so you might have your extra cash for presents after all :D

That pink shirt has sold out twice. I'd love to see the sales compared to other shirts over the years.

Saying that pink shirt has sold out twice might not mean a lot if the production runs were small. I just get the feeling we will be having a new kit supplier and this season kits are being drip fed to the shop so they don't have hundreds of items left over that they can only move on with heavy discounting. I can honestly say this seasons shirts are not seen much out on the streets I see more of last seasons kits being worn and the bouncing day shirt is still seen a lot, I have only seen the pink effort being worn twice by women when it first came out. I don't think these kits have sold as well as the club like to tell us hence the clamour for a distinctly average green shirt.

Saying that pink shirt has sold out twice might not mean a lot if the production runs were small. I just get the feeling we will be having a new kit supplier and this season kits are being drip fed to the shop so they don't have hundreds of items left over that they can only move on with heavy discounting. I can honestly say this seasons shirts are not seen much out on the streets I see more of last seasons kits being worn and the bouncing day shirt is still seen a lot, I have only seen the pink effort being worn twice by women when it first came out. I don't think these kits have sold as well as the club like to tell us hence the clamour for a distinctly average green shirt.
If you want to see a lot of pink kits then go to any kids training venue in the local area. Loads of them are being worn (when we're not in lockdown) in junior football training sessions. It's very noticeable.

Speak for yourself, if I'm pre-ordering things I only usually need to make a deposit until they're ready for dispatch. Take the PS5 as the latest of those.
I didn't like it at the time because it wasn't a firm date, but if I wanted the shirt I had to do it, and now they've been delayed I'm fucked off with it. If you can't guarantee the orders by a certain time, don't charge the full price until you can.

As for 'the latest Complaint De Jour' I have plenty to say about the team, but rarely the club. It's ran well, especially since Princey took the reigns, there's been nothing to complain about unless you're being picky imo. I certainly haven't. This is a bit different.
I guess if I was paying £600 for preordering a replica kit I’d probably be a bit miffed if that was taken in one go admittedly.

That's not how any preorder works now really, not the pre-orders I've made anyway. Usually you just get in line, maybe pay a deposit if it's an expensive item and then they take payment at shipping.

I also very rarely complain about anything the club does. Think I've had a moan about lack of season tickets last season, and the lack of stock of the kits last season and that's about it when it comes to them taking money off me.

If I wanted the kit I had to pay for it, to say I "didn't have to though" is stupid, well obviously I didn't have to, you don't have to do anything, you don't have to pay for Sky and BT to watch us, I could go on dodgyvirusstreams dot Kazakhstan domain suffix or whatever, and I could get all our shirts from DHGate but I try and support the club where I can, especially at the moment.

Paying first and it getting delayed is what I'd expect of a wank kick starter campaign, not the release of a football shirt (which we should be half decent at having done it a fair few times, and is something every other team in the league manages just fine, Covid or not).
The last kit I preordered was I think the 81-83 Shoreham St ltd run a year or two ago. I realise it’s not quite the same, but there was no firm shipping date, it took months, and full payment was in advance – I was perfectly happy parting with the cash on that basis, but I appreciate it’s not for all. I guess I’m just a little surprised that the criticism seems firmly club-directed rather than say manufacturer-directed – which is why it feels like it’s swept within the overall theme of discontent in recent weeks.

The Club sells a huge amount of merchandise on match days.
Not any more.

I guess if I was paying £600 for preordering a replica kit I’d probably be a bit miffed if that was taken in one go admittedly.

The last kit I preordered was I think the 81-83 Shoreham St ltd run a year or two ago. I realise it’s not quite the same, but there was no firm shipping date, it took months, and full payment was in advance – I was perfectly happy parting with the cash on that basis, but I appreciate it’s not for all. I guess I’m just a little surprised that the criticism seems firmly club-directed rather than say manufacturer-directed – which is why it feels like it’s swept within the overall theme of discontent in recent weeks.

When other clubs with the same manufacturer can deliver all their kits, it does appear on the outside to be a Sheffield United issue (even if it turns out to be an Adidas one)

A strong indication that it’s the club rather than the manufacturer is that Wolves, Leeds, Leicester and ourselves all have identically manufactured third kits, with different colour variations. It seems clear to me that this was the plan for all four clubs and the only thing to decide upon was the colour scheme. The thing that leaves me baffled is that all of those clubs currently have actual stock of their third shirt readily available for purchase - bar us.

A strong indication that it’s the club rather than the manufacturer is that Wolves, Leeds, Leicester and ourselves all have identically manufactured third kits, with different colour variations. It seems clear to me that this was the plan for all four clubs and the only thing to decide upon was the colour scheme. The thing that leaves me baffled is that all of those clubs currently have actual stock of their third shirt readily available for purchase - bar us.
Aye, you're not wrong

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201118-132934.png
    Screenshot_20201118-132934.png
    585.3 KB · Views: 10
  • Screenshot_20201118-132818.png
    Screenshot_20201118-132818.png
    785.8 KB · Views: 10
  • Screenshot_20201118-132654.png
    Screenshot_20201118-132654.png
    513.7 KB · Views: 10
Emailed the club this afternoon for a refund, reply within an hour and refund given.

Shame about the kit but after the christmas holiday I'll not be home until June so it would be a waste of time considering the new kits might be available to pre order at that time... and be nicer.

I'll pick up a fake one here in Kuwait for the time being.

Maybe we should've requested burgundy. Saudi green material must be on back order

Only just actually twigged that all the other 3 are the same sort of colour - credit for breaking the mould.

Does anyone know if this will ever come back into stock again or now never to be seen (other than flea bay) ?

They're missing a trick if the latter as sales must be down on the away shirt this season surely.

Does anyone know if this will ever come back into stock again or now never to be seen (other than flea bay) ?

They're missing a trick if the latter as sales must be down on the away shirt this season surely.

Away shirts have sold out twice already - considering we normally start the next season with a fair supply of last season's shirts, I'd say the away shirt sales are up.

I know they don't want loads left over but someone has misjudged this.

Christmas soon and unless you are small you can't buy an away kit.

Back in stock?

It's never been in stock. It's available on a pre-order only
Erm ok, so every shirt of this type is pre ordered unless size XS and will never be available again as it’s limited edition?

Think I’ll just email them to ask the question ha.....

Surely it’s not just me that prefers this one over the sickly pink coloured away shirt.

Back
Top Bottom