The only table that matters to us this season ...

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Nail in our coffin

Good god we excell as fans wallowing in doom and gloom

We have a good 10 per cent who are loving this poor start
They've been miserable not knowing what to do while we were doing well

First small run of set backs and BOOM
Hallelujah let's get back to what we know best

Utter misery. Maudling outlook and a really good session of moaning and playing scapegoat lottery

4 defeats in a row .....oooh let's discuss sacking Wilder.....

You can't make this up
People who want failure and thrive on it are out in droves soaking up the misery

Only in S2

The Dementors of Azkaban Bramall Lane

Nail in our coffin

Utter misery. Maudling outlook and a really good session of moaning and playing scapegoat lottery

You can't make this up
People who want failure and thrive on it are out in droves soaking up the misery

Only in S2

And there are those who's only contribution is slagging fans off

You obviously don't get out much if you think our fans are worse than any others.

Our fans are absolutely magnificent all things considered, our shit times are shitter than everybody else's and our supposed good times are not all that good really when compared with everybody else's

And there are those who's only contribution is slagging fans off

You obviously don't get out much if you think our fans are worse than any others.

Our fans are absolutely magnificent all things considered, our shit times are shitter than everybody else's and our supposed good times are not all that good really when compared with everybody else's
Ah the I'm slagging fans off response

If they are entitled in their eyes to slag off players and management who they see as poor Im exercising my right to slag off poor performing fans
We are supporters . The clues in the name we support. What the moaners are doing is not support but undermine this FAMILY club
By the way this is just an "opinion"

We are all entitled to an opinion

Calling someone dog shit is abuse not an opinion.
Our shit times are nothing like Burys Boltons Coventry currently Sunderland Wednesday. Hull and plenty more

We are in the premier league and so one of England's elite

Not that you'd know with some

Last edited:
I thought Crystal Palace were poor other day ,Newcastle just don't create enough . Brighton just pass pass pass for sake of it. Burnley,blades, wba,Fulham. All will be fighting this season to stay up . I believe blades will kick on in 2nd half of season may have a touch of bassets 1st season in top flight .

Feel like this season is going to come down to :

Trying to outscore a couple of sides say Burnley and palace - hopefully with some personnel changes we might take a few more of our opportunities.

And being better defensively than the majority at the wrong end of the table say Fulham and wba who look significantly more creative than we do at the moment.

Ah the I'm slagging fans off response

If they are entitled in their eyes to slag off players and management who they see as poor Im exercising my right to slag off poor performing fans
We are supporters . The clues in the name we support. What the moaners are doing is not support but undermine this FAMILY club
By the way this is just an "opinion"

We are all entitled to an opinion

Calling someone dog shit is abuse not an opinion.
Our shit times are nothing like Burys Boltons Coventry currently Sunderland Wednesday. Hull and plenty more

There have been at least 40 similar and smaller clubs that have pissed all over us in terms of average performance and achievement over at least three generations

Bury don't even warrant a mention, they are nowhere close to being of similar size.

The difference between us and all of those clubs is that they tried to achieve something and eventually failed, but only after having a decent rum of relative success.

United never had success, they have never even tried.

Every twenty years or so we stumble across a manager that seems to be able to get the best out of the shit, or at best average that's at his disposal.

And that's as good as it gets, and as good as it's ever going to get for us.

The fans of all those other clubs dream of something better because they've witnessed it before.

Our fans dream of nothing, but we still have the support of just as many as all those other clubs, and a lot more than most of them. That's what makes them remarkable in these particular times.

The only reason we are still a reasonably biggish name in English football has been because of the fans.

It's certainly got nothing to do with what the club has done or tried to do

This my opinion of the match,
Any feedback or sharing is appreciated.

Nice articulate try young man, but sadly had to stop listening when you said McBurnie was a good player. All about opinions but you sound like one of these posters who says the strikers never get the service, well McBurnie got plenty on Sunday and blew the lot.

There have been at least 40 similar and smaller clubs that have pissed all over us in terms of average performance and achievement over at least three generations

Bury don't even warrant a mention, they are nowhere close to being of similar size.

The difference between us and all of those clubs is that they tried to achieve something and eventually failed, but only after having a decent rum of relative success.

United never had success, they have never even tried.

Every twenty years or so we stumble across a manager that seems to be able to get the best out of the shit, or at best average that's at his disposal.

And that's as good as it gets, and as good as it's ever going to get for us.

The fans of all those other clubs dream of something better because they've witnessed it before.

Our fans dream of nothing, but we still have the support of just as many as all those other clubs, and a lot more than most of them. That's what makes them remarkable in these particular times.

The only reason we are still a reasonably biggish name in English football has been because of the fans.

It's certainly got nothing to do with what the club has done or tried to do
We live in a city of nearly 600000 souls even cut in two that's 300000
Of course we get good support
Burnley took nearly half the town to the play off final as there's only 80000 live there .
We might not have won anything .much in terms of trophies but Wednesdays only won the rumblelows in the last 80 years too
We won automatic promotion to the prem twice but I suppose getting 150m quid for doing that in your eyes isnt worth the 1 million you get for winning the league cup

You'd have to win the fa cup 30 times to get as much money as 5m is the best you'd get for that
Bury have several fa cup wins to their name and are one of the original clubs
As they can only draw on Burys population they too were left behind.
As with all: "small" clubs they are big in their eyes
It's disrespectful to dismiss such clubs as inferior

Nice articulate try young man, but sadly had to stop listening when you said McBurnie was a good player. All about opinions but you sound like one of these posters who says the strikers never get the service, well McBurnie got plenty on Sunday and blew the lot.
Fair enough and thank you for your feedback, I did have that opinion that he was getting no service. You are also right, because he got loads on Sunday, so that's now a void argument. The way I see it is though, is that he was seen as his promising season last year. This was meant to be the year where he was meant to reach the next level, he definitely hasn't done that yet. So we have to hope he soon gets his first, and when he does, there are plenty more to come soon after.

Nail in our coffin

You can't make this up

Only in S2
I wouldn't say doom and gloom its just fact , we are in the bottom 3 so it matters what the other 5 teams around us do , that was the only reason I started this thread , some people think its important and others don't ⚰️

We’re gonna win the league! 👏🏻👏🏻
We’re gonna win the league! 👏🏻👏🏻
Now you’re gonna.........Pff lost interest

Our new striker Rhian Brewster will get a partnership going, most likely with McGoldrick but possibly Burke and when fit Moose. Rhian's game is not about pace so he can work well with a speedster like Burke or Moose and I believe he will take the chances that we have been missing in the early part of the season. I expect us to finish above Aston Villa.

Good news !

Fulham 0​

Crystal Palace 2​

Jairo Riedewald 8'

Wilfried Zaha 64'

Is this one , every time one of these teams play we need them to lose , we have missed a massive opportunity today , WBA and Burnley play Monday so a draw would be good , every time one of these other clubs pick up points it puts a nail in our coffin .

16Brighton4-23
17Sheff Utd5-51
18West Brom4-81
19Fulham5-81
20Burnley3-50

Fulham actually look half decent and battered us second half last week

Huge result them losing to palace

As long as we can stay in touch while we’re out of form and have tough fixtures

Then when we get at it when flecks black we’ll be fine

Fulham look like relegation fodder, albeit they have been a bit unlucky.

Hey beansontoast man and roy ,u still sayings its Absolute nonsense
Monday in our only league that matters !
  • Brighton & Hove Albion v West Bromwich Albion
  • Burnley v Tottenham Hotspur
16Brighton5-24
17West Brom5-82
18Burnley4-51
19Sheff Utd6-61
20Fulham6-91

I've already resigned myself to us being relegated. 3 goals scored (2 pens), 1 point gained (against the bottom team at home) after 6 games, if we have only 1 point after 8 games (with confidence shot to pieces) it looks like we will need at least 40 points from 30 matches. Doesn't matter about injuries, bad luck or tough run of fixtures as points are much more important than good performances. This season looks like the time we were relegated under Jimmy Sirrell.

I'm feeling alright about this season after last night.

I've already resigned myself to us being relegated. 3 goals scored (2 pens), 1 point gained (against the bottom team at home) after 6 games, if we have only 1 point after 8 games (with confidence shot to pieces) it looks like we will need at least 40 points from 30 matches. Doesn't matter about injuries, bad luck or tough run of fixtures as points are much more important than good performances. This season looks like the time we were relegated under Jimmy Sirrell.
30 points might be enough to avoid relegation

I don't think our confidence will be shot to pieces after the next couple of games in fact I fully expect us to.start slowly turning things round from.then on

Is this one , every time one of these teams play we need them to lose , we have missed a massive opportunity today , WBA and Burnley play Monday so a draw would be good , every time one of these other clubs pick up points it puts a nail in our coffin .

16Brighton4-23
17Sheff Utd5-51
18West Brom4-81
19Fulham5-81
20Burnley3-50
Sod the European superleague

Hey beansontoast man and roy ,u still sayings its Absolute nonsense
Monday in our only league that matters !
  • Brighton & Hove Albion v West Bromwich Albion
  • Burnley v Tottenham Hotspur
16Brighton5-24
17West Brom5-82
18Burnley4-51
19Sheff Utd6-61
20Fulham6-91

Course it is! Brighton beat West Brom tomorrow and they go above Man U. Does that mean they are safe and Man U are in danger? Burnley have only played 4 matches!

A year to the day Southampton lost 9-0 to Leicester and were 2nd bottom. They finished 11th. After 6 games last season Bournemouth were mid table, we only had 2 wins.

Course it is! Brighton beat West Brom tomorrow and they go above Man U. Does that mean they are safe and Man U are in danger? Burnley have only played 4 matches!

A year to the day Southampton lost 9-0 to Leicester and were 2nd bottom. They finished 11th. After 6 games last season Bournemouth were mid table, we only had 2 wins.

I do hope that in 10 games you’re not reduced to saying “in 1990-1 we got 4 points from the first 16 games and still stayed up”

Back
Top Bottom