F.T.A.O. of staff at BDTBL

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

beightonblade

On yer bike !
Reaction score
Not asking for much........... show us you care.

PLEASE no more Tom Hark.

I'll second that, bloody Tom Hark is a contrived pile of crap. We dont need to be told to sing, well atleast we didnt before Tom Hark.

Think some of the staff are already doing their best to grant your wish BB. Ched, Boggy and Cressy for starters.

i'd take that further and say can we get rid of all of the canned music please.. we aren't the steelers.. the one that gets me is the first line of annie's song.. yeuch

i'd take that further and say can we get rid of all of the canned music please.. we aren't the steelers.. the one that gets me is the first line of annie's song.. yeuch

I agree, it's awful. Why is the sound quality so bad on it as well? It sounds like somebody's recorded it on their phone and is playing it down the microphone. It never sounded that shit before they started putting the words on the screen. It was still just as annoying though.

Agree, get rid. Let's go back to Ilkley Moor Bah'tat when we come out, and chants of "Macklin Macklin What's the Score, Macklin What's the Score" when the cameras are there..

Agree, get rid. Let's go back to Ilkley Moor Bah'tat when we come out, and chants of "Macklin Macklin What's the Score, Macklin What's the Score" when the cameras are there..

ABSOLUTELY....(and lets run out of the John Street tunnel.......oh)

Yes, it's amazing how we can sing it at away games without any prompts and without those bloody words on the big screen. That's worse than the piped music.

Fully agree - get rid of the goal music. We've seen before that someone at the club looks at and reacts to this board. Hopefully someone will read this thread.

Of course the people on this board aren't a perfect cross-section of those who go to BDTBL, but could the club at least remove the goal music as a trial, then assess reaction. Or do some sort of poll to see what people think of goal music? I genuinely find it difficult to find anyone who likes goal music.

It's when there's no money to do the things which cost money, that it's doubly important the club listen to fans on the things which are free.

There are a few points that could be raised in addition to the music.

Why does Gary Sinclair mention the sponsors of each stand every time? Is he contractually obliged to? It isn't working - I had to look up who sponsors the Kop, and that's where my season ticket is. It's not the Kennedy's Kop, it's the Kop.

Are they going to be mentioning the MOTM poll every five minutes at future matches? Because that grates on the nerves too.

Why is our half-time entertainment almost always shit? We don't give a chuff about kids badly break-dancing, dodgy singers or Peuvian mime artists. The odd Chinese dragon once a year is okay, and soldiers are welcome any time, but I don't want to hear some bird who nearly got on the X-Factor caterwauling at half time. I'd like scores reading out. HMV can keep their music too.

I'll let you know if there's any more trivial rubbish that annoys me. :D

Why not use the big screen to show the scores on? That or clips of old games,or even music videos if they insist on music...

All it needs is some kid with a working knowledge of XP,some half decent AV playout software and bob's your mothers brother...

They've trialled not using goal music before and it didnt work. I agree that its shit though and I'd much rather not have it.

As for the music we come out to, I like it when they use the military music on that Special Forces day that they have every year.

Wish they would turn the pre-match and half time music down a bit as well. I don't mind it loud, but they have it so loud it is impossible to hear anyone talking to you at all.

As for the music we come out to, I like it when they use the military music on that Special Forces day that they have every year.

It was the theme from the film '633 Squadron' at the Ipswich game. I've heard that Speedo has asked for a remixed version for us to come out to on a regular basis but he can't make his mind up whether it will be 433 Squadron or 451 Squadron....

Is that my coat...?

I was going to post that as well KPO, the music and talk at half time is not even slightly too loud, its completely overbearing and its near impossible to have a conversation with anyone. Majority of my half time is shouting 'Pardon?' to the person next to me.

The music can go for me too, all of it. Goal music, half time music, entrance music (although I did used to like Meet Me at the Love Parade and United by Judas Priest), Annie's Song, everything. I don't need being told what to sing and cheer and when to do it.

They've trialled not using goal music before and it didnt work.

In what sense didn't it work!? :)

There was one memorable day on the opening game of the season when there was no goal music. There were wild celebrations and everyone was dancing and singing in the streets like Victory day (well, maybe I exaggerate slightly, but I distinctly remember a couple of celebratory comments on the forum afterwards).

Alas, the club swiftly put a reassuring statement on the website advising that the lack of goal music was due to a fault, and that it would be back next game. And it was.

I also vaguely remember a game at (I think) Leicester a few years ago when for some reason they had no goal music when they scored. A woman rang in to local radio after the game to complain. Something along the lines of "we scored, and there was no music! We just looked at each other and didn't know what to do, so we just sat down"

We urgently need to stop the goal celebration music, before the critical skill of celebrating-without-music is lost to all mankind....

In the sense that the atmosphere when we scored was as flat as a fart. I hate the goal music but it was crap when they didn't play it, it was as though most of the fans didn't know what to do.

Well done BB, I remember us having threads about Tom Hark back in the premiership season, I hate the damn song but its a real worry if Whitehawk is right and some of our fans don't know how to celebrate without the music. Us old uns can go mental just because we've scored, don't need a song to help me dance around the room when we score it just happens naturally !

Wish they would turn the pre-match and half time music down a bit as well. I don't mind it loud, but they have it so loud it is impossible to hear anyone talking to you at all.

Agree with that. Most of the people I sit with, it's the only time I ever see them and it's good to catch up on things. The God-damn overloud music makes it impossible to have a chat.

Also agree with Tom Hark, talentless Z-Factor birds from Jordanthorpe wailing, kids 'dancing', the flags when we come out. I probably sound like an old git, but this kind of amateurish crap is reminiscent of rugby league a few years ago. A dull sport like that needs some distractions, but not the Beautiful Game.

Oh, and while we're on about amateurish crap, mascots! WTF? There's absolutely no place in a multi-million pound organisation for Captain Blade, Sammy Swan, Piggy Owl et al. Keep them for children's parties.

Music to come out to? Well we've all got our thoughts (although this trance/dance crap from some wannabe gangsta leaves me cold). Keep 'We took Pelham' tho.

Oh, and Sally Army brass band on Boxing Day, please. (Hmm. smells of oranges, whiskey and Hamlet cigars from years gone by... was it Hamlet? I distinctly remember some well horny TV ads. for cigars with fit birds)

Oh, and while we're on about amateurish crap, mascots! WTF? There's absolutely no place in a multi-million pound organisation for Captain Blade, Sammy Swan, Pggy Owl et al. Keep them for children's parties.

I never cared for Captain Blade either, but Revolution jr really likes him. He's for the kids. He's harmless.

You (and others in this thread) are right on the money with goal music though. Not needed.

It worked alright between 1892 and 2002.

Also been asked by a few on other web-sites to change the music the Players come out to. Anyone got any idea's?

The theme tune from Laurel and Hardy seems to fit nicely this year.

I agree with every single one of the suggestions in here! Crikey

I hope it's something BIFF can take up as it's one of those issues that comes up every year without failure, yet we never seem to have that link between ourselves and the club to make something happen.

Main gripe is the overly loud PA system pre-match and at HT. Cant hear a bloody word from my old man, though admittadly that's no bad thing sometimes :)

I for one am in agreement, please no more goal celebration music!!!!!!!!! Mind you I wouldn't mind a few more goals.
Beighton Blade for chairman!

Oh, and while we're on about amateurish crap, mascots! WTF? There's absolutely no place in a multi-million pound organisation for Captain Blade, Sammy Swan, Pggy Owl et al. Keep them for children's parties.

I never cared for Captain Blade either, but Revolution jr really likes him. He's for the kids. He's harmless.

You (and others in this thread) are right on the money with goal music though. Not needed.

It worked alright between 1892 and 2002.

Also been asked by a few on other web-sites to change the music the Players come out to. Anyone got any idea's?

The theme tune from Laurel and Hardy seems to fit nicely this year.

Captain Blade......

I've only got 1 gripe with him. If he's for the kids then he should be walking around the edge of the pitch next to the railings on the concourses. NOT ON THE PITCH! The kids can't get to him if he's in the middle of the pitch and they all like their photo's taken with him.
He's a decent bloke under the mask, he just needs to engage more with Kids and less with Sponsors and Players, imo.

I think someone needs to set-up a poll on this issue (I'm not sure how to do it on here), for the club to view.

Maybe putting something like:

What is your view on Entertainment at BDTBL: (you may choose more than 1)
1. Music Too Loud
2. No Need for goal music
3. No Need for song words on the screen
4. Change the players entrance music... (add suggestion)
5. Everything is fine as it is
6. The entertainment at Half time is sub-standard
7. Not interested
8. Captain Blade's place
9. Suggestions...

Obviously restructured to a more readable list, but we could do with this to project proper public opinion.

Thoughts? Discuss...

Kopped

Getting rid of Tom Hark would cost nowt ! ...............but send a BIG message to Blades that the 'suites' at BDTBL do listen ! ....they do don't they ?

but send a BIG message to Blades that the 'suites' at BDTBL do listen ! ....they do don't they ?

I'm sure the Platinum suite is all ears, BB.

Back
Top Bottom