CONFIRMED Rhian Brewster

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

mark my words this will drag on till September
Don't you hate being right?

Just wanted to see how long ago these rumours started. 2 months ago. I'll be having dangerous withdrawal symptoms even if he signs.

Reactions: SWB
I just hope that the level of expectation isn't too much for Brewster to deliver. I wish the lad the very best, but so much has been written about a player whose reputation is all based on 'promise', that the harsh reality of Prem football won't allow for poor form or near misses.....plus where is the delivery expected to come from, are we still in for Swift? It's going to be a very nail biting season down at t'Lane.

I just hope that the level of expectation isn't too much for Brewster to deliver. I wish the lad the very best, but so much has been written about a player whose reputation is all based on 'promise', that the harsh reality of Prem football won't allow for poor form or near misses.....plus where is the delivery expected to come from, are we still in for Swift? It's going to be a very nail biting season down at t'Lane.
Regardless of if Reading would even free him from his locked-up basement cell, he's done his hamstring and is out for at least 3 months.........

Swift expected to out for up to 3 months with injury

So rumours that this is going to happen (it’s on the beeb sport gossip column from The Sun so must be true!)
i struggle to read through 285 pages but can anyone confirm or point to a post that indicates what the deal regarding buyback is? Sounds to me that we pay £17m for him and if he becomes a world beater they can buy him back and if he is a bag of shite we are stuck with him? I assume buy back is at same price and is time bound or does it go on forever unless we try to sell on. Sounds a great deal for them - better than a loan but maybe they were burned by Ben Woodburn and making us put our money where our mouth is. If anyone knows anything about how it would work I’d love to know, sounds a big risk to me, after the last Liverpool starlet but at least this one played in Championship last season

So rumours that this is going to happen (it’s on the beeb sport gossip column from The Sun so must be true!)
i struggle to read through 285 pages but can anyone confirm or point to a post that indicates what the deal regarding buyback is? Sounds to me that we pay £17m for him and if he becomes a world beater they can buy him back and if he is a bag of shite we are stuck with him? I assume buy back is at same price and is time bound or does it go on forever unless we try to sell on. Sounds a great deal for them - better than a loan but maybe they were burned by Ben Woodburn and making us put our money where our mouth is. If anyone knows anything about how it would work I’d love to know, sounds a big risk to me, after the last Liverpool starlet but at least this one played in Championship last season
It's essentially a guaranteed fee that they can activate if they wish to resign him, which is being reported as around £35-40m. Would still need to discuss terms with the player, and the player can refuse the move.

Hope Radio Sheff ask him about this thread in his 1st interview. The forum numbers will be his squad number n all, I feel we're all to thank for this transfer.

Well played lads.
"I'm sure the S2 thread was a huge deciding factor in you picking the Blades over Palace and Swansea, so could we be the first to ask you... do you agree with the boob ban that was inflicted on there and did it ever put you in two minds about joining when it was originally put into place?"

It's essentially a guaranteed fee that they can activate if they wish to resign him, which is being reported as around £35-40m. Would still need to discuss terms with the player, and the player can refuse the move.

Fast forward 3 years: "Brewster refuses Liverpool move - only wants to win Champions League with Sheffield United"
giphy.gif

The buy back is heavily rumoured to be 40m. That represents potentially over double the fee.

This is NOT a bad deal for us.

"I'm sure the S2 thread was a huge deciding factor in you picking the Blades over Palace and Swansea, so could we be the first to ask you... do you agree with the boob ban that was inflicted on there and did it ever put you in two minds about joining when it was originally put into place?"

"It's a big thread, a historic thread, and when a thread with that sort of fan base comes knocking, you can't turn it down.

Looking forward to being given the opportunity to play in the rumour mill and push it to 500 pages where it belongs.

Spoke to the gaffer, he told me what I need to do to avoid an infraction.

Seem like good lads on there, great meme spirit. Just can't wait to get started"

Yeah because Chelsea aren’t known for paying big wages.
Alright. It might have been summat to do with him wanting to win summat.
Or he is a big fan of Oasis.
Thinks the Hacienda is still operating.
Desperate for a ruby down Rusholme.
Loves a pint of Robbies.

Bloody hell, Bushy. How much more do you need?

"It's a big thread, a historic thread, and when a thread with that sort of fan base comes knocking, you can't turn it down.

Looking forward to being given the opportunity to play in the rumour mill and push it to 500 pages where it belongs.

Spoke to the gaffer, told me what I need to do to avoid an infraction.

Seem like good lads on there, great meme spirit. Just can't wait to get started"

Was absolutely going to the the Blades. The final contract was sent in PDF form to Klopp's office, but, apparently there were a lot of tits on the thread and it got blocked by the server. So I signed for Palace instead.

Buy him for £17 mill, sell him for £40 mill if liverpool want him back wouldn’t be able to activated for a set period of time, maybe 2/3 years

I heard a rumour that Rhian Brewster (and signing someone called Rhian with the spelling on here is probably not a good idea - Ryan, Ron, Rhianna) doesn't get out of bed for less than 300 posts.

I think a buy back would also be positive from Brewster and his agent...

Perform well and there's a route back to Liverpool. Which would also mean that if he performs well then that will mean more goals and points for us.

Win win for all parties.

Perform well and there's a route back to Liverpool. Which would also mean that if he performs well then that will mean more goals and points for us.

Win win for all parties.

agreed - people will moan if he’s electric and we end up having to sell him back - but it sounds like our willingness to agree to the buy back fee is the only reason he might come Here.

If he’s good enough for pool to spend 30-40m on him then we are going to be alright in terms of the transfer

Win win for all parties.

£40mil works for us as that means thats enough money for us to go and replace him should they buy him back.

Spoke to the gaffer, he told me what I need to do to avoid an infraction.

🤣🤣🤣🤣

The trouble is with the rate of crazy transfer inflation ,£40 million may not be all that much in a few years time if they decide to take him back.Only need to look at Ollie Watkins going for 33 million this summer for example.A player who had not kicked a ball in the premier league.

£40mil works for us as that means thats enough money for us to go and replace him should they buy him back.
Depends when that happens and what he's done in the meantime. If he stays 2 or 3 years and is a scoring sensation his value could be more like double that. So you could say we end up selling him back to Liverpool for half of his future market value. But looking at it another way, we make £23m profit on the deal and he keeps us in the Prem during that period.

Another scenario could be that we decide to sell him, but Liverpool don't want to buy him back at that point. If that's the case then we are free to sell him to someone else and if his value has increased beyond £40M we stand to be quids in.

And yet another scenario is that he's a flop, we get relegated, Liverpool don't want to buy him back, and nobody else wants to pay anywhere near the £17m we paid for him and we are stuck with him, Jordan Rhodes style. :(

I try not to think about that last scenario - but I put it up on here because it will make our negative Blades very happy, temporarily. It will also be good ammunition for them to use in a future post, when he's played 2 games for us and not scored.

Back
Top Bottom