CONFIRMED Rhian Brewster

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Transfer fees are only a small problem. But we got to remember Bournemoth. They had many seasons in the prem, but because of high wages and moneywaste, they are going down with nothing to show for it. We need to strengthen, but we don't need to risk financial ruin.

His Swansea season just finished.

Dive on it now if we're interested, preferably before he decides to go to Spain on holiday.

Chris if your reading this, I’m happy to fetch Rhian from Wales this morning.

I think Klopp will take another look at him when L'pool regather in pre season (?). But if they don't do any business themselves in the forward area (difficult sell to be a back up to Salah, Mane & Firmino) they may keep Brewster as an alternative to Origi.

But a loan to the Blades would be v good development move for him in the Premier League plus he knows CW likes to work his front players v hard and thus rotates them regularly.

Given that Woodburn didn't perform that well in League 1 & the respect Klopp clearly holds for CW - I'm sure there is no animosity hanging over on that one.

We have two Premier League loan spots available to us - a striker like Brewster would be an excellent use of one of them.

UTB

Brewster being linked to Rangers, don’t know if that’s a typical Liverpool/Gerrard link or more to it. Would have thought apart from European football we would give him more development

Brewster being linked to Rangers, don’t know if that’s a typical Liverpool/Gerrard link or more to it. Would have thought apart from European football we would give him more development
So he might get 2 or 3 European games and maybe 3 against Celtic to show his skills if he joins Rangers vs many more against PL opponents if he joins us?

So he might get 2 or 3 European games and maybe 3 against Celtic to show his skills if he joins Rangers vs many more against PL opponents if he joins us?

Normally you're absolutely spot-on but the 'Gerrard factor' needs to be considered and how much of a pull (or push from the Liv side) he'll be

Nixon says no decision will be made on Brewster until the end of the window. Blades head a queue of clubs interested
That 's useless,

I hope CW doesn't let City dangle us, just to suit their own overblown situation.

We need to know what our set-up is well before the end of the window, we are in a situation now where we should be taking our future into our own hands, and not be strung along by the Manure & Man City tacticians

Wait until a month into the season to then add a player that could be vital!? Not my cup of tea and I don't feel like its CWAKs either.

We can't hang around for that loan player.
We need the goalkeeper signed and sorted ASAP. We might buy one but Man U are dragging their feet on Deano We can't have a team doing the same to us with a striker.

This must be so frustrating for Wilder.

That 's useless,

I hope CW doesn't let City dangle us, just to suit their own overblown situation.

We need to know what our set-up is well before the end of the window, we are in a situation now where we should be taking our future into our own hands, and not be strung along by the Manure & Man City tacticians
He‘s at Liverpool mate

Nixon says no decision will be made on Brewster until the end of the window. Blades head a queue of clubs interested

From a purely football and player development point of view. Surely it makes more sense to let the player out on loan early give him a full preseason to acclimatise with the squad - get him up to speed tactics and fitness wise.

stands much more chance of hitting th ground running that way and getting himself towards the front of the queue for starts.

That 's useless,

He plays for Liverpool

Wait until a month into the season to then add a player that could be vital!? Not my cup of tea and I don't feel like its CWAKs either.
He’s not vital. From what I’ve seen, and it’s certainly not a conclusive account (4-5 games) he’s clearly got the talent but he’s not a default Premier League starter by any stretch. If we sign him he’ll be an extra body upfront so no danger with it happening late and it will be in additional to another forward being brought in.

Last edited:
Not heard anymore about this so I presume we’ve not shown any interest in him. Just a fan rumour maybe rather than anything we were truly interested in?

I could see us taking an established striker on loan if we consider him capable of a starting role but expect us to only loan development players if we have an option to buy.

Liverpool will loan their players to whoever they feel is the best option for the player, of which we will be one of them considering our recent history. Previous loans will not be a factor.
In addition, Woodburn got 11 games at League 1 Oxford last year. I suspect that Liverpool probably recognise that his development is the reason he didn't get picked for us rather than a problem here.

Especially when we got promoted with Duffy /Dowell performing much better.

Back
Top Bottom