CONFIRMED Rhian Brewster

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

He's not better than anything we have for our first choice forwards, Didsy aside score a decent amount based on the changes created.
Brewster wouldn't score more goals if the number of chances remained constant compared with McBurnie, Sharp or Moose and he can't compare to the other aspects of the game that they bring either. The only area I'd say he's immediately improve is if he can play 90 mins at top pace and when Moose comes back he can't.

Based on what do you get the opinion that Brewster isn’t good enough to be on of 3/4 strikers

Based on what do you get the opinion that Brewster isn’t good enough to be on of 3/4 strikers
Watching him last season. Given the limited number of chances we created last season our forwards, Dids aside, finished an expected number.
Apart from playing computer games, what makes you think he could play in our system and outperform those from last season if chances continue to be limited?

Watching him last season. Given the limited number of chances we created last season our forwards, Dids aside, finished an expected number.
Apart from playing computer games, what makes you think he could play in our system and outperform those from last season?
Maybe he's one of those forwards who can make progress by actually taking the ball past defenders?
(never seen hin - so just a suggestion )

Apart from playing computer games, what makes you think he could play in our system and outperform those from last season if chances continue to be limited?

Rhian Brewster in the championship:

22 games
11 goals

2.6 shots per 90
1.5 in the penalty area
0.4 the 6 yard box

2 ariel duals won per 90

0.5 key passes per 90

1.5 dribbles per 90
0.8 of those succesful

10.6 accurate short passes per 90

fouled 1.8 times a game

Rhian Brewster in the championship:

22 games
11 goals

2.6 shots per 90
1.5 in the penalty area
0.4 the 6 yard box

2 ariel duals won per 90

0.5 key passes per 90

1.5 dribbles per 90
0.8 of those succesful

10.6 accurate short passes per 90

fouled 1.8 times a game
Cool, now do McBurnie from his last year also at Swansea. If you could also share your source that would also be helpful?

Cool, now do McBurnie from his last year also at Swansea. If you could also share your source that would also be helpful?
Not as easy going back a season and 2 different websites

Brewster- https://www.whoscored.com/Players/336285/Show/Rhian-Brewster

McBurnie- https://www.aiscore.com/player-oliver-mcburnie/j374oiegv1a3qo6

McBurnie 2018/19

41 games
22 goals

1.6 shots per games

7 ariel duals won

1.3 key passes

1 dribble per game

19.8 passes per game

fouled 1.8 times per game

Not as easy going back a season and 2 different websites

Brewster- https://www.whoscored.com/Players/336285/Show/Rhian-Brewster

McBurnie- https://www.aiscore.com/player-oliver-mcburnie/j374oiegv1a3qo6

McBurnie 2018/19

41 games
22 goals

1.6 shots per games

7 ariel duals won

1.3 key passes

1 dribble per game

19.8 passes per game

fouled 1.8 times per game
Appreciate the effort thank you.

So comparing the two, playing at a similar level, I'd just about agree that they were broadly comparable but certainly Brewster isn't clearly superior in any major area.
McBurnie was more accurate with his shorter passing, Brewster dibbled with the ball more, and unsurprisingly Ollie won more airal duels and scored more with less shots.
Therefore what makes anyone believe Brewster would be superior to OMcB performances last season if all things stay the same?

It's our system and style of play which limits the number of chances, generally to really good chances so I'm not sure how bringing in a broadly comparable standard player would improve this, which is why I'm not sure Watkins would be the answer.
IF Moose isn't going to be able to play any more than he did last season, then I get it but Brewster wouldn't be the man to replace him either.
Brewster has all the attributes to suggest that he is going to be top quality player, however that isn't what he is now, he needs improving and that's why he's either go out on loan or play a limited number of games for Liverpool. I'm just not sure he's what we need, which, if we're paying for forwards, would be someone like Tammy Abraham who I'm sure Chelsea will be looking to sell at the end of next season. A successful loan could progress to a perm as his current deal runs out in 2023 so the price may not be too restrictive.

Actually I'd be happy with our loans being him and Lofus Cheek, as t if we could create more from within our current tactics and setup, our current forwards goal tally would improve. I also think a fully fit Moose who can play for 90 mins would smash the numbers scored last year, if such a thing is possible is another matter for discussion.

So comparing the two, playing at a similar level, I'd just about agree that they were broadly comparable but certainly Brewster isn't clearly superior in any major area.
McBurnie was more accurate with his shorter passing, Brewster dibbled with the ball more, and unsurprisingly Ollie won more airal duels and scored more with less shots.
Therefore what makes anyone believe Brewster would be superior to OMcB performances last season?

It's our system and style of play which limits the number of chances, generally to really good chances so I'm not sure how bringing in a broadly comparable standard player would improve this, which is why I'm not sure Watkins would be the answer.
IF Moose isn't going to be able to play any more than he did last season, then I get it but Brewster wouldn't be the man to replace him either.
Brewster has all the attributes to suggest that he is going to be top quality player, however that isn't what he is now, he needs improving and that's why he's either go out on loan or play a limited number of games for Liverpool. I'm just not sure he's what we need, which, if we're paying for forwards, would be someone like Tammy Abraham who I'm sure Chelsea will be looking to sell at the end of next season. A successful loan could progress to a perm as his current deal runs out in 2023 so the price may not be too restrictive.

Actually I'd be happy with our loans being him and Lofus Cheek, as I'm firmly of the opinion that if we could create more from within our current tactics and setup our current forwards goals would improve.
I think a OMcB and Brewster partnership could be successful, i also have some stats for Didzy if you want the comparison to him if we think he could replace Didzy alongside McBurnie

He'd be a good, potentially very good signing. He can start games at PL level which is a bonus considering we play with 2 and only really have 2 who can start games.

Therefore what makes anyone believe Brewster would be superior to OMcB performances last season if all things stay the same?

Actually I'd be happy with our loans being him and Lofus Cheek, as t if we could create more from within our current tactics and setup, our current forwards goal tally would improve. I also think a fully fit Moose who can play for 90 mins would smash the numbers scored last year, if such a thing is possible is another matter for discussion.

You can’t loan two players from the same club.

I think a OMcB and Brewster partnership could be successful, i also have some stats for Didzy if you want the comparison to him if we think he could replace Didzy alongside McBurnie
I don't think he currently has the skillset, football intelligence or discipline to replace everything Didzy brings to that role.
I've no doubt he could outscore him based on Didsy's stats this year but I don't think he could deliver in that position to the same level. That's a huge ask to make of a 20 year old kid who's only played 20 professional league matches in his entire career.
OMcB and Brewster I think could work if he's coming off the bench, but again I'm assuming we're going along with Moose not being fit otherwise he's the superior option for me.
You can’t loan two players from the same club.
Ah well there goes that suggestion.

I can't help but remember the likes of John Cofie, James Wilson et al. This kid should be better as he's played at Championship level but our record with midfielders and strikers from big team academies is to say the least not good

I can't help but remember the likes of John Cofie, James Wilson et al. This kid should be better as he's played at Championship level but our record with midfielders and strikers from big team academies is to say the least not good
A fair point. He's only 22 professional matches at a much lower technical level and plenty of forwards who look shit hot in the Championship struggle with the step up.
The different with this kid is his age and his technical ability, but that takes time to develop especially at this level. I personally think he'd be better to stay at Liverpool and have a role regularly coming off the bench when the first choice guys have done the damage.

Well this could be good

Attachments

• 2EA536B1-6DB2-4326-9023-BF3014DD45DB.png
    2EA536B1-6DB2-4326-9023-BF3014DD45DB.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 135
He’s probably right that a loan move has been blocked, as it’s still very uncertain Klopp actually wants to loan him out this season. To describe a willingness to buy him as a “game changer“ though. Seems. Somewhat. Comedic.

He’s probably right that a loan move has been blocked, as it’s still very uncertain Klopp actually wants to loan him out this season. To describe a willingness to buy him as a “game changer“ though. Seems. Somewhat. Comedic.
Possibly means a sign of intent r.e a game changer showing we can take Prospects away from the best club in the country

Harry Wilson is not going out on loan anymore,will only leave Liverpool if he is bought,so same might apply to Brewster.

Harry Wilson is not going out on loan anymore,will only leave Liverpool if he is bought,so same might apply to Brewster.

I think they’re viewed completely differently in terms of their prospects for likely involvement in the future tbh. Selling Brewster seems even less likely than loaning him. Could be wrong, but buying Brewster seems one of the least likely rumours I’ve read all summer.

Back
Top Bottom