Season tickets for next season . How will they make it work?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

djbaldken

Reaction score
Bit of a conumdrum here.
With crowds not being allowed back for some time yet. And when crowds are allowed back (possibly not until January) there is talk of only 40% capacity. How is this going to impact on fans?
Assuming the clubs will want money from season tickets, how will they (if at all) ajust prices accordingly for matches played to empty stadiums? How will they decide which 40% to allow into stadiums? Will fans risk losing their normal seats by not renewing if they know a good few games will have to be played behind doors or they wont make the 40% cut?
Its going to be a nightmare.
Any thoughts on this or how solutions may be found?
Personally I dont want to lose my seat so will renew whatever decisions are made.

I'd assume it'll be loyalty points and they'll allow people to reserve their existing season tickets if they miss out. Whatever they do will cause upset so sticking with the existing ticket system seems like the only way

Would you accept a price freeze for access to only half the games if the club promised to break transfer record again this summer?

If it is 40%, they'd do it pro rata to the amount of games you can attend (like they've said for 'normal' attendance next season).
Sat in your own seat, I imagine they'll let Friends and Family in at the same match.
Can't see it being points based.

Would you accept a price freeze for access to only half the games if the club promised to break transfer record again this summer?

Effectively doubling the price of tickets seems a bit much.

I'm going to throw a spanner in the works here. Would they restrict senior citizen s.t. holders as, supposedly, the over 60s are more at risk from Covid19?
Tin hat on...(I am an over 60 s.t. holder btw).

STH customer numbers ending in 1,2,3,4,5 in one game 6,7,8,9,0 the next. I imagine a number of "at risk" people wont be taking up the option so the issue of over-subscription should not arise.

STH customer numbers ending in 1,2,3,4,5 in one game 6,7,8,9,0 the next. I imagine a number of "at risk" people wont be taking up the option so the issue of over-subscription should not arise.

Could mess up family groups.

Too random. If you've got kids, need to go together. Couples etc.

Could mess up family groups.
No "could" about it. But has the club got the time, energy and resources to go through each individual family group ( all who will feel they are entitled to sit together etc etc) and make judgement calls?

Whatever they do, we can't all go and we can't all go as we used to in the forseeable.

Allocate all the season tickets as normal but issue a ticketing schedule so same family groupings ie
2 seats to left of me are one family then next seat is mine then to right of me 2 seats allocated to same guy who always comes on his own.
So computer works out the spread leaving a seat vacant for each bubble. In effect each stand will hold half of normal attendees with seat gaps between each bubble.
Half get allocated a game and next game is other half of seat holders and alternate games thereafter.

Wear a mask when accessing concourses and toilets and each season ticket holder will get to see half every other home game until numbers
can be increased. So only fair to charge half of normal season ticket costs if a full season with restrictions.
If the rules are lifted then club charges for the second half of season at full cost.
It is not difficult as long as people dont start chopping and changing their game schedule.

The entry barrier will need to be programmed to allow the designated ticket holders only and additional stwards to enforce the idiots trying to play the system.

Last edited:

Any suggestion of ST next season is optimistic. IMO, carry forwards peoples seats and eligibility for existing ST discounts to 21/22 season, make next year a one-off, no ST available, tickets to be allocated by a system TBC.

It's a unique situation, and one that warrants an effective pause in "normal" for a year.

Every season holder for this season goes into a ballot for games, if you don’t intend to attend your ticket get redrawn for another game. I am afraid family groups will have to wait until a vaccine and lifting of social distancing, harsh but the only way.

I don't think I'd be that bothered about going with 40% capacity. I want a Full House and red hot atmosphere not league cup 2nd Round v Walsall atmosphere. Happy to just wait until everyone can get back in and let others go to games who want to.

Any suggestion of ST next season is optimistic. IMO, carry forwards peoples seats and eligibility for existing ST discounts to 21/22 season, make next year a one-off, no ST available, tickets to be allocated by a system TBC.

It's a unique situation, and one that warrants an effective pause in "normal" for a year.
This

No "could" about it. But has the club got the time, energy and resources to go through each individual family group ( all who will feel they are entitled to sit together etc etc) and make judgement calls?

Whatever they do, we can't all go and we can't all go as we used to in the forseeable.

I'd think most people go in groups. People with kids would be ruled out immediately, and I can't see them doing that. A system by which people get half season tickets would be reasonable, it just couldn't be as simple as what your current customer number ends in.

Seems reasonable,

first draw 11,000 customer Numbers drawn out

second draw, those first 11,000 are excluded

third draw those 22,000 are excluded

its a start

What about, we all go to the first game, then isolate for 7 days, and all go to the next game, and so on and so on??
It's only work afterall.

I think we should play each game twice, Kick off at 12pm and 5pm. If the Manor operatic Panto can do it why can’t we?

Could have some of us watch the first half, then go home for the second half while the others turn up. Would be messy but the plus side is Sky could have a two hour advert break during games.

Could have some of us watch the first half, then go home for the second half while the others turn up. Would be messy but the plus side is Sky could have a two hour advert break during games.

That's fine except against Wolves. Not sure if anyone has ever mentioned it but they are little bit more dangerous in the 2nd half...

Back
Top Bottom