David Brooks

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

grafikhaus

Kraft durch Freude
Reaction score
Article in today's Mail which - as usual - ignores our input.

They describe his most recent (part-) season at Bournemouth as his 'breakthrough' when we all know it was his limited time with us in the 2018-19 season - epitomised when he 'megged Jack Cunt and was MotM in that game. 'Blades not getting credit' shock horror.

Hey ho. Flicking a couple of pages back, there's a good article on Graham Le Saux. It puts our input into perspective where Le Saux is now on the board of Mallorca - a team who have recently climbed from the Spanish third tier to their top flight and now meet Barcelona in La Liga tonight:

The challenge of growing something in spite of limited finances appealed. ‘When you are a small club you know that every €100,000 is significant. We can’t just throw money at things,’ he says.

'I saw in Spanish paper Marca that Real Madrid had spent €400million on U21 players in 10 years. It’s a staggering amount to spend on one category. You look at that and then you look at our budget and there are clearly different ways of doing things.

‘Our gold standards are teams that have blazed that trail before us, like Eibar in Spain or Sheffield United, who have achieved a lot in a very short period.’

Good article, worth a read.

Last edited:

I mean, how can his breakthrough season be anything other than the season he went from "going out on loan to Chesterfield, having only played senior football at Halifax Town and in the EFL Trophy" to "£12m full international"?

They describe his most recent (part-) season at Bournemouth as his 'breakthrough' when we all know it was his limited time with us in the 2018-19 season - epitomised when he 'megged Jack Cunt and was MotM in that game. 'Blades not getting credit' shock horror.

Hey ho. Flicking a couple of pages back, there's a good article on Graham Le Saux. It puts our input into perspective where Le Saux is now on the board of Mallorca - a team who have recently climbed from the Spanish third tier to their top flight and now meet Barcelona in La Liga tonight:

The challenge of growing something in spite of limited finances appealed. ‘When you are a small club you know that every €100,000 is significant. We can’t just throw money at things,’ he says.

'I saw in Spanish paper Marca that Real Madrid had spent €400million on U21 players in 10 years. It’s a staggering amount to spend on one category. You look at that and then you look at our budget and there are clearly different ways of doing things.

‘Our gold standards are teams that have blazed that trail before us, like Eibar in Spain or Sheffield United, who have achieved a lot in a very short period.’

Was in a restaurant in Port Pollenca last year and the waitor was a Mallorca fan, we discussed the similarities between our two clubs!

I mean, how can his breakthrough season be anything other than the season he went from "going out on loan to Chesterfield, having only played senior football at Halifax Town and in the EFL Trophy" to "£12m full international"?

Dunno, but if the 'experts' like Lineker, Shearer et al say so, it must be true...

Was in a restaurant in Port Pollenca last year and the waitor was a Mallorca fan, we discussed the similarities between our two clubs!

To be honest there aren’t hardly many similarities between us and RCD Mallorca.

Real Mallorca are traditionally a smallish club.....however they’ve done really well in recent seasons competing quite well for many years in the top flight BUT most of their history is lower divisions and they’ve won almost nothing. They won 1 cup In their whole history and have always had a small fanbase.

I’l say the English club that resembles them the most is probably QPR...although the RCD fanbase is closer to Brentford levels than QPR levels.
QPR are another club that has won very little, almost nothing in their entire history but In living memory they‘ve also competed quite well in the top flight.

Would have been impressive if he had stuck with England rather than going for the easy option.

Real Mallorca are traditionally a smallish club.....however they’ve done really well in recent seasons competing quite well for many years in the top flight BUT most of their history is lower divisions and they’ve won almost nothing. They won 1 cup In their whole history and have always had a small fanbase.

I’l say the English club that resembles them the most is probably QPR...although the RCD fanbase is closer to Brentford levels than QPR levels.
QPR are another club that has won very little, almost nothing in their entire history but In living memory they‘ve also competed quite well in the top flight.

Yeah I have to say I've never really thought of us as similar. I've been to loads of Mallorca games and traveled away with the team. My good buddy Xisco is now a converted Blade and follows us with real and genuine passion from Palma every weekend. He's been over to see us live as well (although sadly never a win so I haven't invited him back).

Would have been impressive if he had stuck with England rather than going for the easy option.
I don’t think Sancho or Sterling would be looking over their shoulder. And he probably knew that there was an abundance of far better wide players that would be in line before him, over the next next 10 years?

I don’t think Sancho or Sterling would be looking over their shoulder. And he probably knew that there was an abundance of far better wide players that would be in line before him, over the next next 10 years?
Easy option then?

He has started in the last two games
I've only watched us since the restart.

Thats good, especially if he's starting too. I was worried he might never fully come back from all these niggles.

Selfishly I'm asking because I want him back in the Summer though.
I know Its very 'bladey blade' of me but I think he's exactly what we are crying out for.

I wonder if we won't have to sell our best academy players now we are a Premier League team or whether they will get farmed out through lack of opportunities.

I wonder if we won't have to sell our best academy players now we are a Premier League team or whether they will get farmed out through lack of opportunities.
Have we got any?

I heard a stat a few months ago saying we have played one of the least amount of homegrown (academy) players in the league.

They won the league cup in the sxities, were runners up in the league in the seventies and FA Cup finalists in the eighties. Won the championship under warnock and won a play off final during the last decade. More than we've achieved.

Watching brooks tonight, shows no effort at all, class player with the ball, shocking without it, not our sort of player. Would i have him back,yes but only as an option off the bench
I wouldnt have him back,he wanted to leave. He’s made his bed & all that. Notice the talk of a £50 million transfer to Man Utd or Spurs have vanished. Too injury prone.

The EPL quality of academy players is lagging behind first team progress. Hence the shake up and changes.
Any positives are more likely to succeed at EFL Championship standards.

He made 9 starts for us all season didn't he? Not exactly what I'd describe as a "breakthrough", but we probably do deserve a bit of credit for signing him from Manchester City in the first place and bringing him to the point where he was on the fringes of our first team, in the Championship, but never considered good enough by Chris Wilder, to get a regular start.:tumbleweed:

If you remember, Wilder nearly let him spend the whole season on loan at Chesterfield, but after he got rave reviews with the England youth team, decided to change his mind and gave them Louis Reed instead!

(Later the same day, manager Chris Wilder managed to persuade a Director of Chesterfield Football Club to swop his Bentley for Chris's Ford Fiesta).

By the time we'd realised his true value to our club he'd got a better offer and I don't blame him for taking it.

I thought this article was going to be about bringing him back. It's so disappointing! :(

Last edited:
I bet that was a short conversation?

1593662903605.png

Que?

Was the waiter helpful when you asked him where the toilets were?

Last edited:
Have we got any?

I heard a stat a few months ago saying we have played one of the least amount of homegrown (academy) players in the league.

For the second season in a row, every player who has made a league appearance this season was signed from another club. We have two “homegrown” players (Jags and Sharp) but they Were of course sold and reacquired years later.

I dont think Brooks has the body strength to be a top top player. He was forever on a gurney with us and has fared no better at Bournemouth. Seen many a promising prospect lack the ability to play a full season . David Hirst could have been a real star if it wasn't for him having glass legs.

I dont think Brooks has the body strength to be a top top player. He was forever on a gurney with us and has fared no better at Bournemouth. Seen many a promising prospect lack the ability to play a full season . David Hirst could have been a real star if it wasn't for him having glass legs and a glass in his hand.
Minor amend for accuracy 🙂

Back
Top Bottom