Match Thread Newcastle United v. Sheffield United - 14th March 2020

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Foxy

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score

1583923326231.png v. 1583923333145.png
EPL Week 30 - Saturday 14th March 2020 - St James Park

Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Matchday Stats/Player Ratings
- https://www.s24su.com/forum/index.php?match-day/match/newcastle-united-vs-sheffield-united.494/

Officials:

Referee:
David Coote
Assistant Referee: Peter Kirkup
Assistant Referee: Nick Hopton
Fourth Official: Robert Jones
Video Assistant Referee: Martin Atkinson
Additional Video Assistant Referee: Sian Massey-Ellis

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter
: https://twitter.com/s24su

📺 Live TV Coverage:

Screenshot 2020-03-11 at 10.41.36.png

Visiting Supporters Guide:

Last edited:

Toon keeper Dubvraka ruled out until April with knee injury.

Dubravka is out for the season after getting injured in the 60th minute and playing on against Southampton.

He was pretty instrumental in saving their asses in the last game. Karl Darlow will deputise though he's played only in the cup games this season.

Geordies have been good at soaking up pressure and catching teams on the break. They did us over using these tactics at the Lane. Saying that, we are good enough to beat them by playing our own game.

Mousset could get a start if the plan is to allow them to come at us and catch them on the break. Otherwise can't see many changes - maybe a start for Osborn and more minutes for Berge. The first goal will dictate how this goes.

Do they play the same tactics at home and sit back and then counter?

Hopefully they come at us from the off.

Would be nice to see Ziv in action soon

Deano

Baldock Bash Egan Joc Stevens (if fit)

Norwood Lunny Fleck

Sharp McBunnierabbit

Error prone what, best keeper in the Prem. Newcastle would have been relegated by now without his MOM performances. If Hendo moves on then I would love us to sign him .
Look at the stats, he’s one of the most error prone keepers in the PL. As for best keeper in the PL, he’s not even as good as Hendo.

The match earlier against Newcastle reminded me of an FA cup tie when a league 2 side plays away to a PL side.
Newcastle were so negative...it was pretty incredible to see them put most of their players in their penalty area most of the match.
In fact for anyone that didn’t go....think back to the last Sheffield Derby matches where it ended 0-0.

We were so dominant it was hard to believe.......however for all our dominance we struggled to create any clear chances,
Bruce did a great job at parking the bus and when ever we had a half chance their goalie made some great saves.

Can‘t imagine they’ll be as negative playing at home.....so I’m expecting a relatively comfortable win.

Look at the stats, he’s one of the most error prone keepers in the PL. As for best keeper in the PL, he’s not even as good as Hendo.
Dubravka leads the way on errors leading to goals with 4 so far this season. De Gea and Pickford are next on the list with 3.

Our back 5 and two keepers have all made one each: Moore (v Man U), Henderson (v Liverpool), Baldock (v Liverpool), Basham (v Leicester), Egan (v Newcastle?), O'Connell (v ?) and Stevens (v Spurs)

What a horrible, horrible game last time out against Newcastle. Our new bogey team for sure if we don't get anything out of this. Let's see what CWAK have in store to counteract one of the most solid bus parking teams we've come up against of late.

Dubravka leads the way on errors leading to goals with 4 so far this season. De Gea and Pickford are next on the list with 3.

Our back 5 and two keepers have all made one each: Moore (v Man U), Henderson (v Liverpool), Baldock (v Liverpool), Basham (v Leicester), Egan (v Newcastle?), O'Connell (v ?) and Stevens (v Spurs)

Probably because Newcastle have less of the ball than most other teams and because Dubravka does 5 times as much as most other keepers.

He was definitely the major difference between the teams at the Lane.

Not Saint-Maximin then?

Not for me. You can double up on a player like Saint-Maximin, try and mark him out of the game etc.
But when a shot stopper as good as Dubravka is on top form, it can seem almost impossible get a ball past him.

After losing away to Arsenal and Palace and drawing 0-0 with Burnley, according to 'boring' Lee Clarke on Look North on Monday, "Newcastle's new attacking style gained them a (scrappy) 0-1 win at Southampton"! 🤔

The match earlier against Newcastle reminded me of an FA cup tie when a league 2 side plays away to a PL side.
Newcastle were so negative...it was pretty incredible to see them put most of their players in their penalty area most of the match.
In fact for anyone that didn’t go....think back to the last Sheffield Derby matches where it ended 0-0.

We were so dominant it was hard to believe.......however for all our dominance we struggled to create any clear chances,
Bruce did a great job at parking the bus and when ever we had a half chance their goalie made some great saves.

Can‘t imagine they’ll be as negative playing at home.....so I’m expecting a relatively comfortable win.
They were embarrassing in how negative they were. Basically the manager telling them he thinks that they are all shit so defend for your lives and hopefully spawn something if we ever venture out of our half.

I’d add Chelsea away to Hendo’s list

I've put a small list of decent real ale pubs together for you keen drinkers:

Mean Eyed Cat

Beeronomy

Beer St

City Tavern

Mean Eyed Cat

Beeronomy

Beer St

City Tavern

BrewDog

Mean Eyed Cat

Beeronomy

Beer St

City Tavern

Cheers. What’s filthy’s like at night as staying over ?

Must win game now? Especially if the league gets cancelled/ positions frozen because of the cvirus. Small chance could be last game of season/champs league place

Back
Top Bottom