Ravel Morrison

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Watched Ravel in a cup match and thought what a great player. He has all the skills. I just don't know why he can't get in the team.

I'm with the 'Rav isn't clever enough to play our system well' and hes hugely talented but does his own thing too much, nobody knows what he's gonna do next, it's evident in all the skillful back heels etc he's done in cup games. Hope Middlesbrough will just constantly start him in first team so he has a good run out.

Watched Ravel in a cup match and thought what a great player. He has all the skills. I just don't know why he can't get in the team.

which match was that?

Ive watched him in all his cup games playing for us this season. You can tell he’s got talent....does the unexpected, has soft feet meaning he has a great first touch
but he seems more of a top class 5 a side player trying to play the 11 a side game. He has some nice tricks and flicks but little presence and generally ineffective.
Also he seems really poor when we were out of possession....doesn’t close down his man and not a good tackler.

Reminds me of a Brazilian import...seems more of a individualist luxury player.....Wilder tends to go for team players

Last edited:

It has always been his personal issues that have disrupted his career. I am sure Rio Ferdinand and other footballers have said the same about him.

He has the talent but his head is never in the right frame of mind. A shame because I think he may become just another faded footballer.

Can't say I've seen owt from him to suggest he's within sniffing distance of the first team. Best of luck to him somewhere else.

Wilder has already said that Ravel has done really well in training, and he has been happy with him. It's just a case of other players in front of him at the moment. That being said, I can't see any chance of us offering him a new contract.

GLTTL

I watched all the cup games and i kept thinking , no way Ravel is going to get into our midfield! Too lazy, and doesnt bring enough of anything else to put him in

I like watching him play and he's been 6 or 7/10 every game Ive seen him, he definitely doesn't suit our system though. He likes to pick up the ball deep and carry it forward but he slows the play down constantly and wants an age on the ball. He's definitely a good player though, Championship I'd say is his level at the moment.

He would benefit from a drop to a L2 club like Salford.

Would realise where he is at level wise. If he didn’t light it up at that level, he’s most probably done for the most part !!

UTB

I just a report that he's unfollowed us on twitter and started following Boro. How grown up of him.

If anyone wants to see the highlights of his time here I think he made a 30s video to cover a game against a non-league team.

Cheerio Ravel.

I just a report that he's unfollowed us on twitter and started following Boro. How grown up of him.

If anyone wants to see the highlights of his time here I think he made a 30s video to cover a game against a non-league team.

Cheerio Ravel.
I read something similar. On this thread. This morning.

Cheerio Ravel.
He’s also following Wigan, West Ham, Aston Villa, Leeds, Fulham and Arsenal so he’s obviously keeping his options open.🙄

Maybe a few 6am while 2pm shifts in a chicken factory shoving giblets back up chickens arseholes might convince Ravel that he’s lucky to be doing what he’s doing but I ain’t holding my breath. To be honest he comes across as thick as a whale omelette. All that talent gone to waste, what a prick.

Based on what? There's more to football than the first 11. Ask any manager, the most important part of a well balanced squad are the ones who aren't playing. They're the ones pushing the first team every inch, providing a platform for them to play.

Looks like he'll be pushing somebody else's first team now.
Bunged out of our door at the first opportunity.

After his cryptic tweet last night just checked who he's following on twitter. He's unfollowed United and started following Middlesbrough. Maybe nothing but wouldn't be surprised if he leaves for them
might aswell become a detective

Looks like he'll be pushing somebody else's first team now.
Bunged out of our door at the first opportunity.
What’s your weird obsession with him? He isn’t and wasn’t a failed signing

What’s your weird obsession with him? He isn’t and wasn’t a failed signing
Obsession 😂?
Just pointing out to you what a total failure his signing was.
Gambles don't always work and his is a classic example.

Obsession 😂?
Just pointing out to you what a total failure his signing was.
Gambles don't always work and his is a classic example.
It wasn’t a failure you strange man. For reference trace the thread back to our previous conversation.

It wasn’t a failure you strange man. For reference trace the thread back to our previous conversation.
There's a job waiting for you at Hillsborough. Head of Recruitment.

I watched all the cup games and i kept thinking , no way Ravel is going to get into our midfield! Too lazy, and doesnt bring enough of anything else to put him in

That’s what I thought too. He reminded me of a talented Brazilian 5 a side football player....bet Ravel is great at keepy uppies.
He’s clearly talented...soft feet means he has an excellent first touch with a few tricks and flicks but more of an individualist....no effectiveness regards team play.
Also the worrying thing for me was although he showed promise in possession....when out of possession he looked lost...poor pressing and tackling.

He might do a job at another team....looks like he could produce some magic but no discipline for team play, so he didn’t fit our style. According to Wilder his attitude and workrate in training was first class....no problems what’s so ever...just couldn’t break into the team playing our style where the team is everything.

Back
Top Bottom