Mark Duffy - Three in Four

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Only 4 appearances for Birmingham in 2014-15 and 2015-16, 111 appearances for the Blades in 2016-17, 2017-18 and 2018-19, only 6 games for Stoke this season. I just dont understand the ungrateful attitude towards Chris Wilder from Mark, his agent, his wife and his dad.

The part I don't understand Silent, is that Wilder seemed genuinely made up for Mark Duffy when we sealed promotion to the big league. On more than one occasion he told the press the story, "...look at Mark Duffy, done it the hard way, from Prescott Cables to playing at Anfield next season...", or something like that. He liked to use Duffy' rise to the top as a fairy story almost, sometimes good things can happen and dreams can come true if you work hard enough.

How did it all break down so badly?

The part I don't understand Silent, is that Wilder seemed genuinely made up for Mark Duffy when we sealed promotion to the big league. On more than one occasion he told the press the story, "...look at Mark Duffy, done it the hard way, from Prescott Cables to playing at Anfield next season...", or something like that. He liked to use Duffy' rise to the top as a fairy story almost, sometimes good things can happen and dreams can come true if you work hard enough.

How did it all break down so badly?
Weird in it ?? I think the moral of the story is don't upset the gaffer !

One of the major issues is fitness. Regardless of what you think of Duffy, he’s been warming the bench at a bottom of the table Championship side and that puts him weeks away from being anywhere near match ready for the Premiership. Beyond that, the squad training since pre-season at SUFC will have been drilling new systems and player understanding that Duffy has been absent from. Even if he was offered a lifeline back in January he’d never get up to speed in time for this season. He’ll not be coming back.
We've outgrown him to the point I had almost forgotten he played for us.
Not being disrespectful,just the way Wilder operates always looking to improve,constantly pushing us forward.
Horses for courses. Not sure Duffs would have seen much action had he stayed.

Plus Jags has earned the right to earn £50k, if it is that. He has played in the top flight for 13 yeas consistently, captained one of the biggest clubs in the country and being capped multiple times by England, including at a World Cup.

He will have also taken a cut post-Everton, if it is that amount. Oh and why would Duffy know what Jags earns? I don't know what my colleagues at work earn. Why would it be broadcast?

Finally, I very much doubt you would ever hear Jags whinging about not playing or his family going on social media to vent their frustration. That's why he has been so successful - it's largely down to the mindset.
No way is Jags on 50 K or anywhere near.
I doubt anyone at the lane is on 50 K

I see Coutsie scored for Fleetwood tonight against Evertons under 21s,another player I thought we'd never replace.

Would love to see that but can you honestly see this happening? As long as we have a Lundstram type rather than a Duffy (or Freeman) type in midfield its always going to be about damage limitation. It will be great for collecting plaudits with our plucky one goal losses but unfortunately it won't get us many points.

Weren’t you also going after McGoldrick at this time last year? You sure know how to pick them.

Could you say I’m shit at my job, too, I could do with a raise and a promotion.

We have moved on but never say never. He needs to beg to be brought home if he can. I'll never forget the first time I saw Duffy for us. Overhit cross field pass to him. Took it in his stride. I was so shocked at the skill level I got out of my seat.

We've outgrown him to the point I had almost forgotten he played for us.
Not being disrespectful,just the way Wilder operates always looking to improve,constantly pushing us forward.
Horses for courses. Not sure Duffs would have seen much action had he stayed.
Double FFS, forgotten he played for us, Jesus Christ.

Can't believe how obsessed some are about him.

He was superb for us but cut his nose off to spite his face.

At 34 he's not ever going to play much of a role, if any, in our system at this level.

Move on. The King is dead. Long live the King.

Hold the front page.

Scouser's dad (presumably a Scouser too), blaming somebody else.

Anybody else in fact, rather than his son for being so greedy.

Maybe there should be a claim line for the compo?

I was thinking exactly the same. How unusual for a person from Liverpool to be blaming someone else for something!

As the kop sang when we played them a few weeks ago...

"it's never your fault, it's never your fault, always the victim, it's never your fault".

Weird in it ?? I think the moral of the story is don't upset the gaffer !

I wouldn't assume for one moment that this is about a one-off incident. I think it's the culmination of months and months of him simply being a pain in the arse to manage - and the new contract demands were probably the straw that broke the camel's back. I think there's enough anecdotal evidence to support that. And the fact that his dad and his wife are still nagging away on social media gives us some further insights. I bet Wilder couldn't wait to get him and his family, out of his hair!

I liked Duffy. I thought he was good. I think if he hadn't upset Wilder he'd have got his chance this season in the Prem. And I think he knows that too, but whether he's capable of realising that he is in fact the architect of this situation, I really doubt.

For those who want Duffy back with us and in the squad, can you answer the following;

• What position would he play in our current system?
  • Do you genuinely believe he has the ability/fitness/energy/determination to fit into the high pressing tactic we employ?

I love Wilder just as much as the next man, but Wilder has had a new contract every season since he was here and signed a new contract last season which had a nice bonus on it. He got a new contract this summer, however it's not ok for Duffy to ask the same?

There must be something we don't know about or underlying, because it feels like a fall out you have with family rather than a friend.

I love Wilder just as much as the next man, but Wilder has had a new contract every season since he was here and signed a new contract last season which had a nice bonus on it. He got a new contract this summer, however it's not ok for Duffy to ask the same?

There must be something we don't know about or underlying, because it feels like a fall out you have with family rather than a friend.
Wilder will manage us in every game this season ,Duffy might get 2 or 3 late sub appearances for old times sake if he was lucky. Time for everyone to move on. Tranmere , Bolton or Fleetwood beckons.

Double FFS, forgotten he played for us, Jesus Christ.
ALMOST,there is a difference. Like almost dying but your still alive or almost scored but hit the bar or almost as in nearly but not quite. Are you with me FFS😁

Wilder isn't at the end of career simple as.

Did Wilder ask for one, or was he offered one?

Wilder and Knill are integral to every game we play. Duffy despite being 34 almost and presumably knowing he would be a bit part player, thought he should get next season as well when asking in the summer.

Forgotten FFS !!!
Almost, just incase you almost missed it mate😁And I will add to that without justification,I am so utterly engrossed in our current team and the present that the past albeit relevant does not hold my attention for more than a few moments.

Bit like Duffy ;whose greatest moment for me was that day.😉 We went mental in the Lord Nelson. Beer everywhere,hugging strangers ,the full Monty.

However life moves forward moment by moment and I choose to move with it.

I might be a bit like Chris in that sense. Wish I had his vision. Sadly not even almost.😁 UTB

Wilder will manage us in every game this season ,Duffy might get 2 or 3 late sub appearances for old times sake if he was lucky. Time for everyone to move on. Tranmere , Bolton or Fleetwood beckons.

I agree but the break up was a bit harsh

Wilder isn't at the end of career simple as.

Not disagreeing, however my point was it seems a bit harsh the way he's been bombed out over asking for one, so unless someone can tell me how this all went down otherwise I find it a bit strange.

Did Wilder ask for one, or was he offered one?

Wilder and Knill are integral to every game we play. Duffy despite being 34 almost and presumably knowing he would be a bit part player, thought he should get next season as well when asking in the summer.

He didn't ask for one, however he didn't take leaving the club off the table.

He didn't ask for one, however he didn't take leaving the club off the table.

Wilder and his Dad are lying?

Both have publicly said he did.

His Dad was telling people on FB that he only asked for another year, not more money.

Can't believe how obsessed some are about him.

He was superb for us but cut his nose off to spite his face.

At 34 he's not ever going to play much of a role, if any, in our system at this level.

Move on. The King is dead. Long live the King.

Not about being obsessed with him, or wanting him back in the team. That’s just stupid. It's about having a bit of respect for what he did for us, rather than comments like “I almost forgot he played for us”.

Wilder and his Dad are lying?

Both have publicly said he did.

His Dad was telling people on FB that he only asked for another year, not more money.

I was talking about Wilder, not Duffy.

You said Wilder didn't ask for a new contract. I was just saying his tactics got him a few.

* not that I resent how he did it at all, I don't blame him at all. I find the fact that he resented Duffy doing the same, that is all.

I was talking about Wilder, not Duffy.

You said Wilder didn't ask for a new contract. I was just saying his tactics got him a few.

* not that I resent how he did it at all, I don't blame him at all. I find the fact that he resented Duffy doing the same, that is all.
IT wasn't Duffy asking for a new contract that he got angry with, it was Duffy then saying there's other teams interested in him as a justification.

Wilder asked Duffy to go home and think about if he wanted to leave or not. He came back and said he wanted to leave.

Without Duffy we've kicked on to 5th in the PL...

Without Wilder.... Doesn't bear thinking about...

Back
Top Bottom