Warnock gets his dig in

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Awful man. a dinosaur of the game and an embarrassment to the club. cost the club fortunes with his appearance fee shenanigans too. how people still repsect/like him here is beyond me

I wondered whether the frequent comments on the Undr the Cosh podcast about the appearance fee business and Warnock's treatment of player fines - mentioned by at least 4 different guests - might stir the EFP or the FA into actually looking at this properly, rather than simply than, say, fining Jason Puncheon for mentioning it on twitter and not actually bothering to ask him about it or to investigate the matter.

Actually, it's easier to do nothing isn't it....

Wilder won't give 2 shits about anything an ex manager of ours says.

I wondered whether the frequent comments on the Undr the Cosh podcast about the appearance fee business and Warnock's treatment of player fines - mentioned by at least 4 different guests - might stir the EFP or the FA into actually looking at this properly, rather than simply than, say, fining Jason Puncheon for mentioning it on twitter and not actually bothering to ask him about it or to investigate the matter.

Actually, it's easier to do nothing isn't it....

Awful man. many stories out there about him and his actions and most of them are true.

Warnock's views do matter in my view because as an ex-manager and supposed United fan I'd expect him to be behind us and cheering us on. However, first and foremost, Warnock is a manager first and a United fan second (if at all now) and wherever he managers he becomes a fan of that club effectively. Nothing wrong with that but its because we thought he was a big United fan that his comments at every club since make us realise hat he was just bigging the Blade factor up to suit, although because he was our manager I'm sure he believed it himself to be fair.

The way it ended with McCabe has clearly ruined his support for us and Warnock appears to be quite insecure, hence he is his own biggest fan, and therefore he won't find it easy seeing how we're doing in the Prem.

Those that say on here that Warnock just comes out with these lines to be popular at his new club and we fell for it and then we have no right to be angry at his comments since are a tad harsh in my view. Why wouldn't we believe it at the time and because we now know it's just a show then it of course wrankles with our fans that did once adore him. I certainly adored him, stuck up for him for years and sung there's only one Neil Warnock regularly but he could never win all the fan base around because of his personality (i.e blaming the ref for every loss). He used to say he got harsh criticism from our fan base because he is a Blade. No Neil, it;'s because of the way you acted.

His actions and comments since he left United, particularly the flirting with the Wednesday job, mean I don't consider him a Blade to be honest and I just feel disappointed with Warnock because he was a real favourite of mine and now I realise that what I liked about him wasn't genuine at all and more importantly he is bitter towards us now it seems. Won't take away the good memories though and I'm sure when he eventually retires he'll look back on his time with us as the best because it certainly was right up there in his career along with what he achieved at Notts.

As for the bang average players, I tell you who's bang average, going with a defence containing two out of three from Sol Bamba, Bruno Manga and Sean Morrison. Now that's average and totally naive to think they could ever stay up with that defence.

Last edited:
If you think he’s said it to wind us up you’re naive, he’s not done that.
He said it because he actually believes it, which is way way worse for a supposed Blade.

Anyone who thinks John Egan and Jack O’Connell are bang average shouldn’t be in football at any level.

Maybe if he spent more time concentrating on his own team he wouldn’t have just been sacked.
Time to retire you old bastard

‘Bang average players? He’s lost it, we need to get rid’.

Can we move this in to an unemployable section 😉.

Respect for what he achieved here, but he is a full weight, int he ??

UTB

‘Mutual agreement” is the new phrase for “got the sack”

Wonder what it's like taking over a Warnock team. Imagine it's like buying a house off a hoarder.
😂 It’ll have to be a similar style of manager if they are going to do anything this season at least. Imagine trying to teach them to pass and move.

😂 It’ll have to be a similar style of manager if they are going to do anything this season at least. Imagine trying to teach them to pass and move.
That’s what they’ve been trying to do. I watched them against the pigs (I think) and they were trying to play out from the back. They had no idea.

Wait for it !

Cardiff in for wilder - thread imminent !

That’s what they’ve been trying to do. I watched them against the pigs (I think) and they were trying to play out from the back. They had no idea.
i didn’t watch it myself but my lad who did said exactly the same thing. You can only imagine why experienced managers suddenly expect their players to be able to change the way they’ve been coached to play for months or even years. To be honest half the PL seem to struggle to play out from the back.

He said this would be his last season in management - I’m sure he’s said that a few times mind - but it probably won’t be now. Won’t want to end his career on a sacking as his ego won’t allow it.

Love him or otherwise, he's had a terrific career, made a fortune, has a superb family life, got amazing memories, and has also created some amazing memories for the various fans around the country. Fair to say he almost has legendary status in the football character league table, and a little respect is due, and we'll deserved

It does my head in when I hear people trotting out this line, of course hes going to say that, hes not going to start a new job at Palace or whoever and say 'your fans are good but nothing compared to the Blades' is he? Be a brilliant way to start a new job by pissing off the fans.

Would you start a new job and say to the boss or coworkers "well its nice here but my last job was so much better and the people I worked with were better than you"?

People take comments like this far too literally.
Spot on mate, he can't say anything else.

Praises Wilder and our system to high heaven on TS but when Jamie O'Hara asks about any of our backline getting an England call up, he says Henderson is decent but our players are 'bang average'.

Can't help himself.

Entirely accurate comment. In fact all our players are below average and we only play industrial hoofball.
Any clubs looking at any of our players or our manager would be bonkers.
(And good luck to Neil spending more time with his tractor)

Love him or otherwise, he's had a terrific career, made a fortune, has a superb family life, got amazing memories, and has also created some amazing memories for the various fans around the country. Fair to say he almost has legendary status in the football character league table, and a little respect is due, and we'll deserved
He’s a cunt. All you need to know.

This is a sad day for football. He's been a fantastic manager for many clubs and always got the best out of his teams. He is a fantastic man manager. He did a great job for the Blades. He can be very proud of his record in football and I wish him well for the future.

I agree mate, but my view of him is totally soured since he left and I was a big fan of him when he was with us. I don't actually know why he has such a problem with McCabe since Warnock said when he left it was mutual and it seemed to stem from that.

He should be remembered by our fans as one of the best we've had but he divides opinion and I think much of that was what he's said on us since he left, the flirting with Wednesday - twice - and his somewhat over hyped Blades support.

Saying all of that, I really hope he goes back to his Talksport role, he is a really good listen on there, probably the best guest they have, albeit he talked some crap last week, but that's half the fun with him!

Back
Top Bottom