Jamie Redknapp’s view of Wilder in todays Daily Mail

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Nice thought but we have only played 12 games and Phil Brown at Hull is a handy reminder of what can go wrong after a brilliant start.
Won six of the first nine and ended up staying up by one point on the last day.
This is still a bloody tough league.

Nice thought but we have only played 12 games and Phil Brown at Hull is a handy reminder of what can go wrong after a brilliant start.

...for all the teams in it, not just us.

Good point. We have Wilder and Knill now, not Neil collecting autographs...
And Hull stayed up anyway. So what if we finish one point away from relegation, we just go again next season.

I think you may be confusing Hull with Brown’s career.

Hull didn't half get some batterings though that season. Even in their first 9 game spell where they were on 20 points, they lost 5-0 at home to Wigan. They actually kept only 5 clean sheets all season (a 3-0 win at West Brom, two games they won 1-0 and two they drew 0-0).

Hull didn't half get some batterings though that season. Even in their first 9 game spell where they were on 20 points, they lost 5-0 at home to Wigan. They actually kept only 5 clean sheets all season (a 3-0 win at West Brom, two games they won 1-0 and two they drew 0-0).

Your correspondent, like many of the species, delights in negativity and denigrating the club he claims to support. Logic and reason will not assist you.

And Hull stayed up anyway. So what if we finish one point away from relegation, we just go again next season.

Absolutely, but I’m quite confident we’ll do significantly better than that. At no point have we looked out of place or anywhere other than we belong. That’s very different to Hull and many other examples. People say we’re running on adrenaline and momentum. Must be a shortage in Norwich and Aston...

i would hardly say we've got off to a flyer anyway - i think we're improving all the time

The Bobbies Moore & Charlton ?

Absolutely. Long before the days of England wank. The national team is shite. The recent fuss about reaching the semi-final of an awful World Cup thanks to the most favourable draw in the history of football, then losing to the mediocrity that was Croatia was risible, embarrassing and nauseating. I was delighted they lost.

I'd still be delighted if we stayed up by one point, just making the point that I bet similar things were being said about Hull and Phil Brown back then. Seem to remember them playing Arsenal off the pitch at their place early in the season.

Absolutely. Long before the days of England wank. The national team is shite. The recent fuss about reaching the semi-final of an awful World Cup thanks to the most favourable draw in the history of football, then losing to the mediocrity that was Croatia was risible, embarrassing and nauseating. I was delighted they lost.

WUM at it again.

In his own words:

It was a cheap shot that didn’t even cause so much as a flesh wound.

I'd still be delighted if we stayed up by one point, just making the point that I bet similar things were being said about Hull and Phil Brown back then. Seem to remember them playing Arsenal off the pitch at their place early in the season.

Yeah, we know, already been discussed, before we took a point from Spurs.

Have a look at any edition of the Mail, Express and especially Sun. They are nothing more than infantile mouthpieces for the loathsome Tories. They insult the intelligence of any reasonable person.
And the Mirror and Guardian ?

Back
Top Bottom