Match Thread Sheffield United v. Arsenal - 21st Oct 19

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

SUFC
SUFC
SUFC

Final

Final
Final
ARS
ARS
ARS
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin
1571325740844.png v. 1571325747312.png

EPL Week 9 - Monday 21st October 2019 - Bramall Lane

Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Matchday Stats/Player Ratings
- https://www.s24su.com/forum/index.php?match-day/match/sheffield-united-vs-arsenal.473/

Officials:

Referee:
Mike Dean
Assistant Referee: Darren Cann
Assistant Referee: Dan Robathan
Fourth Official: Simon Hooper
Video Assistant Referee: Andre Marriner
Additional Video Assistant Referee: Neil Davies

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter
: https://twitter.com/s24su

📺 Live TV Coverage:

Screenshot 2019-10-17 at 16.24.37.png

Last edited:

We’ve played 4 of the top 5 played too. We have a Champions League quality defence.

Tremendous rear guard action last 30 mins. Kept our shape, did nothing stupid and looked dangerous on the few breaks we had. Phenomenal discipline from the team and top management from the sidelines. Very proud of them tonight

Great performance! I love our team at the moment, that togetherness and that spirit along with being damn good

Tremendous rear guard action last 30 mins. Kept our shape, did nothing stupid and looked dangerous on the few breaks we had. Phenomenal discipline from the team and top management from the sidelines. Very proud of them tonight

I know what you mean but to me it looked tactical to pull the whole team back, stay in a solid shape & say to Arsenal "come on then what have you got"! We were not afraid to give them the ball because we were confident our defense could hold them.

Quality performance tonight. How do you pick a MOTM tonight? All superb, onwards and upwards!!!
Fucking love this team!!!

The studio team on NBC sports called Arsenal defence on the goal "million dollar traing ground dummies. " Classic.

There were some real leaders out there tonight I’m glad McBurnie got on it makes it easier for future games and no elephant in the room after his misdemeanours and although there are other heroes I do like the intelligent play from McGoldrick his positioning as well as timing are excellent I could go on but I won’t.

Both Carragher ("Sheffield United played better football than Arsenal in the first half") and Evra ("they're not like Stoke, I enjoyed watching them") were full of praise, though I doubt Evra will be asked back on after what he said about Arsenal - he was like Roy Keane with an even more ineffective filter.

However, during commentary (I don't remember if Hinchcliffe said both of these or not):

On 75 minutes - "some tired Sheffield United legs now, you can see it"

On 85 minutes - "look at Sheffield United's players sprinting to get back into position"

Hope I'm wrong but the biggest problem we may face in this game may be the Referee. Mike 'Look at me' Dean. I absolutely hate watching games with this guy in charge and he's always got a controversial decision in him. Hope he leaves his Arsenal scarf at home.
UTB

Well, Mike 'Look At Me' Dean had his big moment in the first half to give Arsenal a penalty and he booked Saka for diving.

In fact, he refereed the game superbly. Didn't get a thing wrong all evening.

Looks like you were talking absolute bollocks after all.

Well, Mike 'Look At Me' Dean had his big moment in the first half to give Arsenal a penalty and he booked Saka for diving.

In fact, he refereed the game superbly. Didn't get a thing wrong all evening.

Looks like you were talking absolute bollocks after all.
Should it have been a penalty? Not seen any replays.

No, it was a dive.

Mike Dean favours the top six apparently though and purposely goes out to make controversial decisions.
Thanks! Glad he spotted it.

I do think some refs favour the big sides but IMO mike dean is one of the best refs in the country. Does love dishing out cards though.

Lot of heroes in that performance. Egan an absolute rock at the back. Fleck superb again. McGoldrick giving us the link-up play we lacked at Watford. But my man of the match today was Baldock – great bit of defending in the box first half to snuff out a chance, calmness personified in bringing the ball down for Hendo second half, and then that crucial bit of defending at the end. His best game for us in my view.

Special mention too to the ballboy in front of the BL corner. Motionless as an Arsenal player went to retrieve a ball for our goal kick, he delayed till just the right time to leap up and roll the ball slowly past the player to Hendo. Absolute quality work.

Normal game. Normal atmosphere. We won this time. Not surprised. Arsenal poor. Just fine really.

Lys Mousset at Bournemouth 58 games - 3 goals
Lys Mousset at Sheffield United 6 games - 2 goals (potentially 3)

#TheWilderEffect

what a night. i noticed in the 2nd half i had a chinese family of 4 & 1 next to me had arsenal away shirt from arshavin era, so of course I decided to wind him up for the next 45 mins because he need punishment. I over cheered, clapped, sung everything & then gave it some & extra at full time to finish him off. he was glum, closing mins of added time he zipped up his coat & arms folded. job done 😁

giphy.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom