Supporter injured at Bournemouth

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Back in the day, you expected the more lively celebrations in the standing areas. People in the seats would just stand up and clap. Nowadays, it is clear that all seater stands aren't suitable for wild celebration - there are no barriers to prevent people falling forward.

We are told that standing can't be allowed for "safety reasons" - but it is clear that people are going to stand and celebrate when a goal is scored, wherever they are in the stadium. This insistance that rail seating can't be introduced is ridicuous. It's certainly a question of safety. Seating areas without barriers may work for cricket or rugby, but are clearly unsafe for big football matches.

To be fair it doesn’t matter what is introduced if someone is going to act like a bellend, there is always a chance someone will get hurt.

You can guarantee that with rail seats, someone will be pissed up and stand on the rail after a goal and fall off. It’s impossible to design a 100% idiot proof stadium.

It didn’t look as serious as Bournemouth but it looked like the usual suspects were at it again yesterday
In the lower block 4 where that guy unfortunately took the ball to the face
At the second goal these lads push forward
A young lad to the right of me came crashing through to get to the aisle
No space so he just pushed through people
I got banged around a bit but no big deal
But there was a woman, probably in her late 40s flat on the ground in the aisle
Didn’t seem badly injured thank the lord but she was shook up
Absolutely have no issue with raucous celebrations but injuries are going to happen
And at best it’s going to ruin someone’s day if people keep on acting irresponsibly

You can go mental in your own seat with your mates but rushing forward where other people are stood is nob head behavior especially when older/younger blades are there no need

This, it's possible to celebrate wildly without smashing through someone else.
It's getting to a sorry state of affairs when you breath a sigh of relief when you get to your seat and it's not at the end of a row. And if you don't understand, you haven't been to a recent away game.

It's getting to a sorry state of affairs when you breath a sigh of relief when you get to your seat and it's not at the end of a row. And if you don't understand, you haven't been to a recent away game.

Now that it's possible to select a seat, rather than take what you're given, there's no real need to take an aisle seat. I was knocked off my feet at Scunthorpe a few season's ago when I had an aisle seat - but even away from the aisles it only takes a few over boisterous ones behind to send you flying.

Yesterday I was surrounded by several boisterous ones. Quite a good laugh generally, a little over despondent at half time but ecstatic at the end. Received a lot of hugs and one kiss on the cheek - the hugging I reciprocated but not the kiss.

When we equalised yesterday, a Blade who was sat next to me jumped from his seat to run down the steps, but he lost his footing, and fell head first on the concrete and railing and seemed to be knocked out. He was helped back to a seat still dazed and in a lot of pain. The security were alerted and then he was taken away probably to the first aid room (wouldnt surprise me if he had to go to the hospital). Hope he is ok.

Poor stewards knocked over like skittles when Tranmere scored equaliser in last min at Rotherham yesterday.

Just been talking about this with a mate of mine.

When I went to the Sharp/Edwards Q&A night a couple of years back, a fan in a wheelchair asked Sharp a question and explained that he was the fan who was injured at Bournemouth. Said he had got life changing injuries which left him in the chair.

Is this a true account of what happened? I would have thought the media would have picked up on this if so. Surely its an example of why rail seating should be implemented in ALL away ends as a minimum

Just been talking about this with a mate of mine.

When I went to the Sharp/Edwards Q&A night a couple of years back, a fan in a wheelchair asked Sharp a question and explained that he was the fan who was injured at Bournemouth. Said he had got life changing injuries which left him in the chair.

Is this a true account of what happened? I would have thought the media would have picked up on this if so. Surely its an example of why rail seating should be implemented in ALL away ends as a minimum

This is awful news. :(

Surprised there has been barely any news on this in two years.

I may be wrong, but wasn't there another fan at Bournemouth found lying in the road later that evening, dazed, lost and in a bad way?

Is there a connection here?

HH

Ps: Sorry to hear about this sad outcome.

Back
Top Bottom