[Confirmed] Killa HAS gone

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Tynemouth Blade

International Pan Fighting Judge at the EU
Reaction score
Big rumour up here that Killa has (or will today) sign for the Mackems!!!

I know it's been mentioned in the press this week (and it was a big rumour he would sign during last summer) but I can't see anything to confirm it.

Anyone heard owt?

-------------------------------

According to local Radio: Terms agreed with a fee of £1.75m!

We thought he'd gone to Newcastle, then Burnley so I will believe it when it's on the OS.

It's a gamble for Killa, does he sign for Sunderland now and miss out on a HUGE signing on fee from everton in the summer, or does he stay at BDTBL and wait for the Everton move only to pick up an injury and it all fall through.

If he's greedy he'll wait...........

I havent heard any confirmation yet either but as Torrix said - he's been linked with every club and its dog. I personally think his preferred destination is Everton, failing that he would go to Newcastle. He would certainly play at Sunderland as he's better than Anton Ferdinand and in my opinion, better than Michael Turner as well. I cant see him signing for them though. At his age he will want a long term guarantee of a PL career.

I havent heard any confirmation yet either but as Torrix said - he's been linked with every club and its dog. I personally think his preferred destination is Everton, failing that he would go to Newcastle. He would certainly play at Sunderland as he's better than Anton Ferdinand and in my opinion, better than Michael Turner as well. I cant see him signing for them though. At his age he will want a long term guarantee of a PL career.

Considering the cash at Sunderland's disposal, and despite their recent form, I think he''ll definitely see them as a long term guarantee.

One other aspect to throw into the melting pot is the World Cup.

From Killas point of view he goes to Sunderland and puts in a string of top-drawer performances, (as we know he can) we then learn that Rio's back has gone again and the injury prone Upson is sidelined again.

Jags was looking like becoming a regular squad member until his injury and he wont be back in time. It's not beyond the realms of possibility that Killa could all of a sudden find himself on the plane to South Africa..........

Is that worth waiting for a big signing on fee at everton Matt?

One other aspect to throw into the melting pot is the World Cup.

From Killas point of view he goes to Sunderland and puts in a string of top-drawer performances, (as we know he can) we then learn that Rio's back has gone again and the injury prone Upson is sidelined again.

Jags was looking like becoming a regular squad member until his injury and he wont be back in time. It's not beyond the realms of possibility that Killa could all of a sudden find himself on the plane to South Africa..........

Is that worth waiting for a big signing on fee at everton Matt?

Bloody Hell. I like him as a player but the thought of him playing for England had never entered my head.
If he's a World Cup player then we might as well stay at home.

Kilgallon is a player who can do a decent enough job in the Prem but the thought of him being international class is ludicrous. Maybe if he was Scottish!

I think Sunlun would be a magic move for him. He gets to play in the Prem for a team desperate for defenders if the pants down caning they got at Chelsea is anything to go by. And given that they pay the afterbirth of Rio Ferdinand about £50k a week then only spunking up £28k a week on Killa will be seen by them as a bargain!

Hopefully they've forgotten how we tucked them up with Andy Gray too!!!

I didn't say he was a "World Cup quality" player but with injuries and Killa putting in the performances we know he is capable of the it's not unfeasable that he could be up for selection.

He's as good as Cahill and Cahill has been in and around the squad recently...

You want to see the reaction on the main Sunderland messageboard :eek:

Let's just say they're less than impressed.

I didn't say he was a "World Cup quality" player but with injuries and Killa putting in the performances we know he is capable of the it's not unfeasable that he could be up for selection.

He's as good as Cahill and Cahill has been in and around the squad recently...

Killa aint fit to lace Cahills boots IMO

If on a scale of defenders you have Baresi as a 10 and Andrew Davies as a 1, then I'd say Cahill is an 8 and Killa is a 7.

Wait to see Kilgallon without Morgan alongside him ,it will Sunderlands relegation if they pair him with Ferdinand.

On Radio Sheffield...

Sheffield United defender Matthew Kilgallon is on his way to Premier League side Sunderland, BBC Radio Sheffield understands.
The two clubs have agreed a fee thought to be in the region of £2 million for the 26-year-old.
Kilgallon is understood to have travelled to the Stadium of Light to undergo a medical on Thursday.
The former England Under-21 international made 124 appearances for the Blades in three seasons.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/s/sheff_utd/8473058.stm?

Told yer!

Although it's quoted as £1.7m on local radio.

Well that explains something. Someone in a White Discovery,tinted windows reg number very similar to KILLA overtook me on the MI and carried on North past Leeds at about 8am yesterday morning.

Cya Killa, don't let the door hit you on the way out. :thumbup:

So do we spend the cash or invest it? Paying off a debt with say a mill of it and the rest to sign a player? Guessing he was on okay championship wages too so frees us up to bring in someone of decent quality. Either way a great fee for a soon to be out of contract player!

If we spend any portion of it on Andrew Davies you'll find me barefoot in the car park within an hour, dancing round my aflame shoes while the smell of a burnt season ticket card wafts sadly through the air.

Or, you'll see me express my disappointment in a post on here.

It's a toss up really.

20% to go to Leeds too I suppose since it's over 1.2 million.

on SSN now, all agreed between clubs, if we get decent money then fair enough, just spend it well, where we need it.....please

Interestingly, do we particularly need another player apart from in the middle of defence? Provided Naysmith is going to be fit that is.

Wait to see Kilgallon without Morgan alongside him ,it will Sunderlands relegation if they pair him with Ferdinand.

Quite possibly. If the rumoured £1.7/2 million fee is true, I think it's a great bit of business. In a similar position in 2004, we only got 500k for Michael Brown, who came off the back of an amazing season.

If we had sold, say, Morgan I'd have said it was game over on our season. Killa is, however, replaceable. We have a perfectly decent replacement on loan in fact. We probably need one more centre half in the squad (Fortune does not fill me with confidence), but other than that full speed ahead.

Killa has been good for us, but he's no Phil Jagielka, and I'm not at all gutted to see him move on.

If on a scale of defenders you have Baresi as a 10 and Andrew Davies as a 1, then I'd say Cahill is an 8 and Killa is a 7.

I can only assume you're too young to remember Steve Faulkner and Gary West..?

Unless your scale goes all the way down to -20....?

So do we spend the cash or invest it? Paying off a debt with say a mill of it and the rest to sign a player? Guessing he was on okay championship wages too so frees us up to bring in someone of decent quality. Either way a great fee for a soon to be out of contract player!

Hang on, the FOOTBALL club is only £2m in debt........

;)

Quite possibly. If the rumoured £1.7/2 million fee is true, I think it's a great bit of business. In a similar position in 2004, we only got 500k for Michael Brown, who came off the back of an amazing season...

Do we detect the hand of Trevor Birch here? This is the first time I can remember where we seem to have held our nerve and got some sort of auction going, ending up with a top-end market price for a player - except when we were buying of course......

Back
Top Bottom