Roy's View From... View From The Media

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

No point getting annoyed by these predictions anymore really, they’re to be expected.

I’m certainly not taking the opinions of that thick woman beater Collymore and Adrian ‘Katie Hopkins’ Durham seriously anyway.

If I was neutral on the outside and used cold logic then I would also would be predicting us, Norwich and possibly Villa for bottom 2.

They don’t yet know that Chris Wilder is easily one of the best managers in the UK.
The experts think we’ll be like a Warnock team and the only way we can win is by using 100% effort and 100% motivation, shit housing our way to points playing physically intimidating direct football.

However I’m expecting us to dominate and outplay some PL teams and I can’t wait to see the reaction from the pundits.
Really think Wilder is going to set the division on fire and become a really big national name.

Bring on the underdog I say!

I also say fuck all those apart from Phil at BBC.

This is the kind of stuff I relish. None of them have even given a rat's left buttock about us before last season so they know fuck all.

Can't wait to shove all these comments up their arses when we consolidate.

“I don’t think it’s a difficult decision (to choose them for relegation), if you’re gonna have youre centre backs turning up in oppositions box in The Premier League you’re gonna get annihilated. I would say there are three managers who are in danger, I think the obvious one is Chris Wilder at Sheffield United.Teams that come up, as soon as they realise they’re in big trouble the first thing they do is change the manger.”

Steve Nicol, ESPN

Well that just shows how much he knows about us!!!!

This one triggered me too. Shows a lack of any tactical understanding if he genuinely believes we haphazardly chuck centre backs into the opposition box (outside of a set piece) with no positional cover. The genius of CWAK has worked all this out.
Expect these nobhead reporters to figure it out in 3 years time.

The key flaw to many of those observations:

They focus on our recruitment. They underestimate the quality we already had in the squad to begin with. But their ignorance will be to blame for that.

Bring it on.

Give Steve Nicol a beard and he's Frankie Boyle.

Considering he played in one of the best club sides I've seen, you'd hope he'd have a more considered opinion even if he does think we'll go down.

To be fair to Steve Nicol, I think he’s won 4 league titles, 3 FA Cups and 1 European Cup more than everyone who posts on here combined, so I’ll cut him some slack. Collymore on the other hand is a prick. :)

So on the whole we aren't fancied to stay up?!

Stick a print of roy's web page on the dressing room wall and hope it inspires the players.

I'll still say that if we finish 4th bottom or higher I'll be ecstatic and surprised.

A lot of these have already been posted on here but I've gathered them into one place. Click on the author for the full article!

there's some serously lazy journalism in there. Steve Nichol especially. Even if we went down with 0 points i don't think anyone would be calling for Wilders head. oh and the classic Sharp'e' bollocks. 'he's league one standard'.. err how many goals did he score last season? how can Norwich's team be worth more than ours? they've spent the square root of fuck all. Villa have spent a fortune.. buying the players that were previously on loan and came about 20 points behind us..
we won't go down i'm certain of it. i hope someone somewhere is making a note of all of these 'pundits' so we can take the piss out of them in May

To be fair to Steve Nicol, I think he’s won 4 league titles, 3 FA Cups and 1 European Cup more than everyone who posts on here combined, so I’ll cut him some slack. Collymore on the other hand is a prick. :)
he was a crappy right back in a brilliant team when fullbacks weren't important.. the rest of the team carried him . i could have played full back in that team

An astonishing lack of awareness and insight from the so called experts.

Steve Nicholls expert opinion is laughable. I bet he's never seen us play.

A lot of these have already been posted on here but I've gathered them into one place. Click on the author for the full article!

Cheers Roy.

Music to our fucking ears that is!

Think people are still a little sore over us winning all our games last season and Leeds losing theirs. Be interesting to see what the predictions were for the promoted clubs last year and maybe the year before.

“I don’t think it’s a difficult decision (to choose them for relegation), if you’re gonna have youre centre backs turning up in oppositions box in The Premier League you’re gonna get annihilated. I would say there are three managers who are in danger, I think the obvious one is Chris Wilder at Sheffield United.Teams that come up, as soon as they realise they’re in big trouble the first thing they do is change the manger.”

Steve Nicol, ESPN

Well that just shows how much he knows about us!!!!

Exactly. What a prick
Wilder will never lose his job because we're finding our first season back in the Prem tough going.
If he sticks to his attacking principles he'll be fine, and so will the team.

So on the whole we aren't fancied to stay up?!

Stick a print of roy's web page on the dressing room wall and hope it inspires the players.

I'll still say that if we finish 4th bottom or higher I'll be ecstatic and surprised.

The last comment is probably even worse than the pretend journos and so called football experts

Yes we are favourites for relegation we all know that,

But the Nichols, Collymores and Owens are getting well paid to express opinions on a team I am convinced they have never see play a single minute of football.

Most of those quotes are of people that have not seen us play one match.

I don't think Minto presents the EFL coverage anymore on Sky, I would have at least expected him to tip us to stay up despite not seeing much of us lately.

Exactly. What a prick
Wilder will never lose his job because we're finding our first season back in the Prem tough going.
If he sticks to his attacking principles he'll be fine, and so will the team.
I hope you're right but I don't completely share your optimism.

I'm certain that when we lose a few there will be moaning pillocks all around me on the top.

K'inell Wilder that dunt know wot tha's doing.

What's them fucking subs, he's lost the plot.

Why we so fucking deep, gerrit forrard

He's out of hisfucking depth etc etc.

Come what may I won't be one of em though.

I hope you're right but I don't completely share your optimism.

I'm certain that when we lose a few there will be moaning pillocks all around me on the top.

K'inell Wilder that dunt know wot tha's doing.

What's them fucking subs, he's lost the plot.

Why we so fucking deep, gerrit forrard

He's out of hisfucking depth etc etc.

Come what may I won't be one of em though.

Don't think he'll get fired though and don't think he'll get stick from our fans.

Warnock got some because of the attitude, the frame of mind he put our players in.
Happy to be here.
We're just enjoying ourselves.

And then sending the team out away from home beaten before they start.

It's a drain on players confidence when they already don't believe they're good enough, and don't belong there.

I hope Wilder won't be like that, I hope his team takes to the Prem just like his team took to the Championship when the same comments were being said.

Man Utd, Chelsea, Arsenal and Liverpool have had some awful hammerings in recent years, so it's folly to think we won't suffer the same.

But as long as we try to continue our own unique style I think everybody will be happy with the further progress made, even if we aren't quite good enough this particular season

Our Roy is brilliant bless him - but I can never forgive him for missing a media quote that says the Blades are "Massive"!!!

He’s back in the Premier League with the Blades after new gaffer Chris Wilder splashed the cash to snare him from Swansea.
Wilder isn’t the type of manager to let any player get ideas above their station and that’s why McBurnie should be a perfect fit at Bramall Lane. As well as being thrilled at sealing his life-changing move to a massive club, there was also a great sense of satisfaction.

Back
Top Bottom