CONFIRMED Duffy joins Stoke City on loan

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Speed though..

EALBRs7XsAMS0-a

If they're from Fifa that's poor on their behalf. Callum Robinson is 22nd fastest over 40m?? I'd say only Baldock would trouble him

We aren’t letting Duffy go. The management were more than happy for him to stay on his enhanced terms and be in the Premier League squad.
He said he wants a new contract or to talk to other clubs, and CW has granted his wish on the latter.
There is nothing the management or club have done wrong here.
I agree - logically Wilder has taken the correct stance here and really had no choice. However, I think CW has under-estimated Duffy's importance to us, and there appears to have been a touch of friction between them before this. Various attempts to tweek the midfield without Duffy have not been quite "up to the Mark" so-to-speak, so I worry that this episode might develop into the more worrying scenario of a Championship magic squad dismantled in Prem-building squad turning sour story of so many promotions in the past. This will be a test of CW's man-management and squad-management skills, and I pray he gets it right. He's worked miracles so far; I have faith and trust him, but still worried though despite unbending optimism for my darling club.

As with all statistics they only show one thing.

How would those stats look after 30/60/80 minutes of playing time ?

Fair point. But as someone who spent most of his adult life running in straight lines for a living, I can honestly say it has no bearing on football fitness. Every time I've played football during this period, I've been surprised at how few times you hit top speed. Especially when playing in centre mid!

Taken off pigs talk there's a thread about Duff and wether they should offer him a 1year deal -
TrickyTrev
Posted Monday at 17:57
At United the sum was greater than its parts.

They didn’t have great players but put together by a very good manager they made a very effective team, individually though they didn’t have great players.

Hence the reason the worlds greatest midfielder Paul Coutts now plays at Fleetwood. As the team breaks up expect the majority of their players to slip back down through the divisions to their natural level, the likes of Fleck, “Bashambaure”, Baldock, Egan, McGoaldrought, Sharp and Stevens will all be playing for lower end Championship sides or in League 1 within the next 18 months to 2 years.

As for Duffy coming to Hillsborough? No thanks, he’s not fit to lace Forestieri’s boots.

Truly deluded,

Oh wow, could he add any more misinformed, biased judgement into his comments?

Sum greater than parts
Individually, not very good players
World's greatest midfielder (the one that outclassed your lot then?)
McGoaldrought ahahahaha such wittiness, see what he did there? He turned someone's name into goal drought. You know, even though he scored more than any of their squad.

Then there's the snipes at the rest of the squad. 😂🤦🏼‍♂️

And all this, from a squad that vastly and comfortably outperformed yours. What does that say about yours?

Oh wow, could he add any more misinformed, biased judgement into his comments?

Sum greater than parts
Individually, not very good players
World's greatest midfielder (the one that outclassed your lot then?)
McGoaldrought ahahahaha such wittiness, see what he did there? He turned someone's name into goal drought. You know, even though he scored more than any of their squad.

Then there's the snipes at the rest of the squad. 😂🤦🏼‍♂️

And all this, from a squad that vastly and comfortably outperformed yours. What does that say about yours?
ALL successful teams are greater than the sum of their parts, that's how team sports work, that's why managers exist, that's why FA cup games are played and teams from higher divisions don't just get a bye. If you try and create a successful team by buying expensive players alone, you likely end up with an expensive flop, like......

Aye
And MD (approaching 34 years of age)) is "yet to prove [himself] at the top level"
I know that, my point is that if they’re getting paid more money than him then I can see why he’d feel a bit aggrieved, if indeed that is the case. They aren’t proven yet either which was the crux of the issue and would be wrongly paid more imho.

Like I said though, this was just an alternate view to the ones slating Duffy off, saying he was being greedy and taking Wilders side over it.

Ultimately I don’t know what’s happened and just giving an opinion on what could be the issue, I hope that helps.

I'd love to see Duffy given a crack in the prem, he's been a game changer for us on many occasions. Give him until the JTW at least to see what he can do

Duffy has been a silly boy listening to his agent too much, he got a new contract 18 months ago with PL wages plus promotion bonus. He's almost 34 and I've not known Wilder lose his rag like this since he came, plus didn't Duffy post some stats on some Social Media website silly lad. I've trusted CW thus far and if he gets shut, he knows what he's doing.

Think wilders called his bluff. No ones bigger than the club. We rescued him.. Lets see what options hes got.. Fuck him.

Their wives aren't employees of SUFC. My wife sometimes moans about my employer (as do a great many members of my extended family). However, as her husband, not her master, it's not up to me to tell her to can it. She has a right to her opinion, and a right to voice that opinion as she sees fit.
Sounds like shes a bit gobby! :(

Just hope Duffs sees some sense, it would be a great shame for him to miss out on having a chance to start or come on as a sub and score another magical goal on the big stage this time, come on Duffs lad stay with us you know it makes sense...once a blade always a bouncekiller...just take ya moments in the Prem when you get them.

I don't think Wilder's resolve is being tested at all. He's in charge, has to be in charge and if someone comes in saying they have other options and don't want to buy into the club togetherness then he'll just say cheerio. Like I'm sure he thinks with Maupay. I think the other options part of the discussion was potentially the decisive factor. Go and find them then pal.

I think Wilders played it right as he can’t allow the rest of the squad a reason to ask for bigger wages. Tbf to Duffy though he was late into the game and won’t be in the same financial position as a lot of the other lads so if he gets the option to try and engineer one last payday to help his retirement I can’t blame him either. Ultimately football is a job for them and we would all do the same if it potentially made the difference between having to drastically change your lifestyle or not post-retirement.
Hope he doesn’t go though, my favourite player since Brownie.

I think Wilders played it right as he can’t allow the rest of the squad a reason to ask for bigger wages. Tbf to Duffy though he was late into the game and won’t be in the same financial position as a lot of the other lads so if he gets the option to try and engineer one last payday to help his retirement I can’t blame him either. Ultimately football is a job for them and we would all do the same if it potentially made the difference between having to drastically change your lifestyle or not post-retirement.
Hope he doesn’t go though, my favourite player since Brownie.
Nowt stopping footballers getting another job when they retire .

So hes if and under contract....what's he worth ? Looking at some of the fees being quoted for top championship players what should we expect for him?

Leeds fans want to sign him and Leeds think pineapple head is worth 20m so what so we charge them for Duffy? He might be mid 30s but hes got to be worth 5m minimum in todays market.

If Duffy was to go this summer, How much do we reckon we’d take for him? Be lucky to get close to £1M considering his age and only 1 year left
3mil, he he’s just played an integral part in getting us promoted from the championship! 4mil

So hes if and under contract....what's he worth ? Looking at some of the fees being quoted for top championship players what should we expect for him?

Leeds fans want to sign him and Leeds think pineapple head is worth 20m so what so we charge them for Duffy? He might be mid 30s but hes got to be worth 5m minimum in todays market.

5 million .......really ...

IMG_2129.JPG

Taken off pigs talk there's a thread about Duff and wether they should offer him a 1year deal -
TrickyTrev
Posted Monday at 17:57
At United the sum was greater than its parts.

They didn’t have great players but put together by a very good manager they made a very effective team, individually though they didn’t have great players.

Hence the reason the worlds greatest midfielder Paul Coutts now plays at Fleetwood. As the team breaks up expect the majority of their players to slip back down through the divisions to their natural level, the likes of Fleck, “Bashambaure”, Baldock, Egan, McGoaldrought, Sharp and Stevens will all be playing for lower end Championship sides or in League 1 within the next 18 months to 2 years.

As for Duffy coming to Hillsborough? No thanks, he’s not fit to lace Forestieri’s boots.

Truly deluded,

Stupid cunt. Did he not see Duffy put 3 sides of Hills***ough on its dirty arse?

"Fuck him" ? Really?
Fuck him maybe is harsh,
Duff will be forever loved for what he did but i think hes being a bit silly asking for more money and an extension he was being eased out towards latter end of last season was obvious was going to be replaced this. Thanks for the memorys Mark been fantastic. But his wage can be better utilised now.

He should have bided his time, see what happens. Waited 5 months, sure he would have got some game time. If he’s not happy he could go in January (after we have played Liverpool at anfield on New Year’s Day) silly boy

To be fair there are only 2 transfer windows available to him . personally think he should of spoken to wilder at the end of last season like Paul Coutts did rather than wait to pre season training!

If I've read this thread correctly then there's been a whole load of invective heaped on Duffy and he's been hung out to dry for, erm, asking for a pay rise. Shame on him, remember that folks before you go knocking on your bosses door ever again. I also think that Wilder could have handled this better rather than turning Duffy into some kind of pariah.

If I've read this thread correctly then there's been a whole load of invective heaped on Duffy and he's been hung out to dry for, erm, asking for a pay rise. Shame on him,

Typically, you have chosen not to read this correctly.

He had already had a pay rise when we went up.
He and his agent asked for more due to supposed 'other interests'.
CW told him to go away and think about it.
He did and then still asked for more.

Back
Top Bottom