CONFIRMED Dean Henderson returns on season long loan

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Absolutely ridiculous if they're playing hardball over a contribution of 500k-1m when they're spaffing that in 10 weeks on Dan Fucking James. 3 Weeks on DDG and 80-90m on Maguire.

He's no future there, they have Spains No1, Argentina's No1 and they signed Grant as third choice last season. Henderson is 4th in the pecking order and needs to realise this.

Just for once I have some actual ITK information. DH wants to come back, MU want him to come, last year we paid 25% of his wages, MU paid the rest. This year we have offered to pay 50% of his wages but MU say Feck that you are in the PL now if you want him you pay 100% of his wages.

Hope this helps with the discussion. UTB
My heart missed a beat when I saw 'Feck' ... thought for a minute MU were after our little barrel chested midfield maestro.

Hes Man Us player and they can do what they want. They not unreasonably will want any team he goes to to pay a big percentage of his salary. If we wont they may be waiting to see if another side will.
My thinking exactly

The longer this drags on, the less likely Hendo is to find an alternative Premier League club, which will obviously put us in a stronger position.

I think we should start putting in some bids for other keepers and see what Man U/Hendo reckon to that. If Hendo has a good season with us in the Prem he'll be worth £25m easy, so it's in his and Man U's interests for him to come back here. They are currently running the risk of him spending another season on loan in the Championship.

Just wanted to vent some frustrations. Also as fucking if they cant afford to Stump up a portion of his wages when they are paying that other fella 19million quid a month

If the info given is true I’d say that because we’ve upped what we’d contribute and they aren’t happy. This isn’t some sort of deal that we’re getting all the benefits. If Henderson signs a new improved deal, and we up the % contribution, we’ll be making a big increase in what we’re paying for him, plus a loan fee, for temporarily having a keeper that while promising is completely untested at this level. Man United benefit from this by having one of their youngsters experience regular Premier League football (which he won’t be offered at any other club next season) and in a year’s time may have a keeper that could be in their squad (or may sell him for a tidy sum).

Just for once I have some actual ITK information. DH wants to come back, MU want him to come, last year we paid 25% of his wages, MU paid the rest. This year we have offered to pay 50% of his wages but MU say Feck that you are in the PL now if you want him you pay 100% of his wages.

Hope this helps with the discussion. UTB

If they want us to pay it don’t tie him down to a £75k a week contract for literally no reason then FFS.

We’re doing them a service developing the player (although a service that also benefits us.) Is anyone else in the premier league who doesn’t have a first choice keeper and would loan him?

Let’s get someone permanently if this is the way they are acting about this

There are only 4 or 5 clubs in the world that can afford him, and where he would want to go. Those clubs don’t currently need or at least can currently budget for him this season. So he stays at MU for another season.

He’s currently having his palms crossed with silver to keep him happy, and give him parity with their top earners. I also suspect that MU are hoping to qualify for the CL in the meantime and strengthen their bargaining position. He is one of the top 3 gk’s in the world and he’s currently playing for the 34th ranked club in Europe.

By signing this contract he probably reduces that field to zero... maybe 1 at best. I doubt whether during the duration they'll be any clubs willing to pay 80+ million for him plus 350k a week...

I'd be stunned if Deano gets a chance to even fight to be Number 1 there for many years, he'll have to move away completely in my opinion, doesn't mean he can't 1 day go back after DDG reign.

Hopefully CWAK have always had a plan B up their sleeves but one thing you can guarantee is that we'll pay over the odds should Hendo not materialise, clubs know we are extremely light in the most crucial area of the pitch and will up the price accordingly.

Hopefully CWAK have always had a plan B up their sleeves but one thing you can guarantee is that we'll pay over the odds should Hendo not materialise, clubs know we are extremely light in the most crucial area of the pitch and will up the price accordingly.

Add to that we're a Premier League club, which always ups the price considerably

I don't get some of the vitriol towards Dean in this. He's a player contracted to Man Utd with ambitions to play for them. I genuinely think he enjoyed his time here and was a big part of the spirit that got us up last season.

If he comes back on loan, great. If he comes back on a more permanent offer, even better. If he stays at Man Utd, genuine GLTTL.

At the moment he's just doing what his club are telling him to do.

Not reading too much into this. Aren’t they taking 4 or 5 keepers out on tour anyway? I’m assuming Solksjaer will want to get to know him a bit and see him first hand if he’s lining him for De Gea’s spot season after next. There’s no need for Hendo to join us until the last moment anyway.

I don't get some of the vitriol towards Dean in this. He's a player contracted to Man Utd with ambitions to play for them. I genuinely think he enjoyed his time here and was a big part of the spirit that got us up last season.

If he comes back on loan, great. If he comes back on a more permanent offer, even better. If he stays at Man Utd, genuine GLTTL.

At the moment he's just doing what his club are telling him to do.

Exactly this!

Also important to remember he hasn't actually signed a new contract with Man Utd yet, and until he does no loan deal will be confirmed because why would a club loan out a player for the last year of their contract? Once he agrees a new deal with Man Utd I'd imagine confirming the loan deal will just be a formality.

Unsurprising to see Man U dick us around with their third choice keeper.

Not reading too much into this. Aren’t they taking 4 or 5 keepers out on tour anyway? I’m assuming Solksjaer will want to get to know him a bit and see him first hand if he’s lining him for De Gea’s spot season after next. There’s no need for Hendo to join us until the last moment anyway.

Why not take him on the first part of their tour then?

They are fucking us about - I don’t blame DH but this needs to be resolved one way of the other soon. The season is nearly here.

We need to hit the ground running - him rocking us 2 minutes before the first game with no preseason isn’t the way to achieve this

Why is it insane? He’s unlikely to be involved in team shape, tactics, etc as the goalkeeping work is bespoke. He knows the team, set up and defence inside out.

With Rodley here, the logic that bringing in another keeper now and that keeper would be more up to speed than Hendo joing half an hour before kick off is laughable.

He played 46 games with the same defence last season.

Reading the above post's makes me come to this.

We wont pay Hendersons full wage £75k a week (Man U want us to because they deem we have the cash)

We will look elsewhere and sign Etheridge from Cardiff permanently,for what ever it cost's £6m might do it and £38k wage.

Cardiff will take Henderson on loan,and pay Man U 25% (19k) of his wages because they are Championship club with not a lot of cash (Man U happy to loan him at that rate)

Its a funny old game.

I would move on and approach Boro for Randolph. Henderson won’t get premier league experience elsewhere. He might not even get top end championship experience if they have already sorted there GK at this stage of the window. They would be lowering the value of there asset. Not in there interest or his.

Why not take him on the first part of their tour then?

They are fucking us about - I don’t blame DH but this needs to be resolved one way of the other soon. The season is nearly here.

We need to hit the ground running - him rocking us 2 minutes before the first game with no preseason isn’t the way to achieve this

The good thing about Deano is that if it is late he knows the club, players and the way we play so no bedding in time required.

Back
Top Bottom