Henderson

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Disagree massively. Don't know how you can watch him every week and say he's weak at anything to be honest. He's not as good at claiming crosses as Blackman, but Blackman is a lot taller.

If he's to make a mistake then it's more likely to be from a cross/corner but I wouldn't say it's a glaring weakness to be exploited by the opponent particularly, he claimed plenty of corners for us, far more than we conceded from I'd say.

His distribution is also very good, he has an assist remember, and he rarely kicks it out of play. Good with his feet, comfortable in possession when we play out from the back.

I agree somewhat with the second point, but only out of pride, he shouldn't be quite so blasé about coming back to United, treat us with a bit more respect but that's with the huge caveat that media interviews are edited to within an inch of their lives and meaning can be lost in print.

If we get relegated next season I think it'll be because we didn't take our chances at the other end, I think our defensive unit will be a strong point, similar to how Cardiff took a good defence from the Championship and were decent at the back against the majority of teams.

We've obviously seen things differently, which is fine, I realise I'm in a minority here but I've never been convinced he's anything above average Championship standard. I see him kick balls out of play regularly, and stay on his goal line leaving the responsibility to his defenders when he should be the one commanding his area. There are many examples I could give, but I'm not trying to prove a point here...I just want the club to realise we'll never be in a better position to buy a top quality goalkeeper - and the loan move will only benefit Henderson. The only reason for the loan move making sense would be if Henderson was so good that we possibly couldn't get any better - yet I could list off a handful of potential permanent transfers, that I believe would do a better job and would jump at the chance for Premier League football. This loan deal doesn't make sense, the season after we would be looking for another goalkeeper anyway, in a weaker position, should we be relegated.

I can't understand all this Henderson love-in but he has wisely got the majority of the crowd on his side by a bit of showboating and encouraging the "Deano" chants. As the previous poster has said there must be other decent keepers out there who could do a good job on a permanent basis. And if he was that good why hasn't he been linked with any other clubs?

I can't understand all this Henderson love-in but he has wisely got the majority of the crowd on his side by a bit of showboating and encouraging the "Deano" chants. As the previous poster has said there must be other decent keepers out there who could do a good job on a permanent basis. And if he was that good why hasn't he been linked with any other clubs?
Some have never called him Deano,there is only one Deano for those of a certain age, to me he’s Hendo.

I know Hendo drives a black Q8 and has also been seen driving a Mercedes-AMG GT Coupé recently. Is one or both of these his cars? Parked today at the Acadamy. ⚔️

23C17D84-59EF-4788-B662-DA68C8EA1EAD.png

I know Hendo drives a black Q8 and has also been seen driving a Mercedes-AMG GT Coupé recently. Is one or both of these his cars? Parked today at the Acadamy. ⚔️

View attachment 55782

He left the Audi because he had a night in the Timbertop. Taxi home then drove the Merc down to pick it up this morning.

He is a footballer.

We've obviously seen things differently, which is fine, I realise I'm in a minority here but I've never been convinced he's anything above average Championship standard. I see him kick balls out of play regularly, and stay on his goal line leaving the responsibility to his defenders when he should be the one commanding his area. There are many examples I could give, but I'm not trying to prove a point here...I just want the club to realise we'll never be in a better position to buy a top quality goalkeeper - and the loan move will only benefit Henderson. The only reason for the loan move making sense would be if Henderson was so good that we possibly couldn't get any better - yet I could list off a handful of potential permanent transfers, that I believe would do a better job and would jump at the chance for Premier League football. This loan deal doesn't make sense, the season after we would be looking for another goalkeeper anyway, in a weaker position, should we be relegated.

Much as I love Hendo, I totally agree with the point about us having the best chance now of signing a keeper who might otherwise turn us down if we were to be relegated. Don’t forget... we have the England U18s GK who might step up in a couple of years with Marcus Dewhurst

Apparently he is on £25,000 a week at the moment ( unbelievable really ) and he wants £75,000 a week from manure in new contract talks , how much of that do we pay ???

Apparently he is on £25,000 a week at the moment ( unbelievable really ) and he wants £75,000 a week from manure in new contract talks , how much of that do we pay ???

Half of that at a guess???

If he gets anything near £75k a week, that's us done with on a permanent basis, today, tomorrow, whenever.

If it's agent talk to force MUFC's hand, he'll fail.

I'd try and sign Buffon for £125,000 per match, (£4.75m) The WACCOE's are interested, why not SUFC?

everywhere i look it is 'Dean Henderson says this /that'.. Dean mate .. give it a rest for a bit.. perhaps let your football do the talking. everyone has heard of you now :)

If he gets anything near £75k a week, that's us done with on a permanent basis, today, tomorrow, whenever.

If it's agent talk to force MUFC's hand, he'll fail.

I'd try and sign Buffon for £125,000 per match, (£4.75m) The WACCOE's are interested, why not SUFC?
Young Manchester United goalkeeper Dean Henderson is reportedly looking to treble his current salary in order to sign a new deal at Manchester United this summer.
The 22-year-old earned plaudits for his performance out on loan at Sheffield United last season, keeping a league-high 21 clean sheets to help the side gain promotion back to the Premier League.
That has led United to open talks over a new deal for the stopper, who is about to enter the final 12 months of his contract at Old Trafford.

According to The Sun, Henderson is seeking around £75,000 a week in wages and is confident of getting his wish after youngster Daniel James recently joined the club on a £67,000 a week contract.
After signing a new deal, Henderson is expected to be sent back out on loan with the Blades for the upcoming season, although they would be unlikely to be able to cover the full amount of his wages if he gets the increase he desires.
Henderson has been part of the United setup for eight years.

Its from the Sun so it must be reight !!

All this Henderson paper-talk doesn't fit in (my opinion only) with the conduct of a Chris Wilder ''player''.

Next up, we'll have him up there with Jesse Lingard's pres-season exploits.

Thing with the paper talk is that in certain it's all from one interview that took place a fortnight ago, and is just being wheeled out because there's not a lot of football news to report on at the moment.

Though should still be fine for a loan. Even if they do extend his wages to let’s say 50k a week, they will still want to loan him out to as high a level as possible for regular football. We’re possibly the only ones in this league that would loan him and play him as the number 1 – other than that, you’re looking at the Championship, where they’d almost certainly need to pay a portion of the wage for it to become feasible for a team in that league to take him on. If he’s suddenly raised to crazy wages, I imagine a similar deal would be struck.

Assuming they aren’t going to suddenly play him this year, it’s completely in their interests to have him play a season with us and get the deal done, and we should therefore be in a decent position to strike a sensible deal.

Though should still be fine for a loan. Even if they do extend his wages to let’s say 50k a week, they will still want to loan him out to as high a level as possible for regular football. We’re possibly the only ones in this league that would loan him and play him as the number 1 – other than that, you’re looking at the Championship, where they’d almost certainly need to pay a portion of the wage for it to become feasible for a team in that league to take him on. If he’s suddenly raised to crazy wages, I imagine a similar deal would be struck.

Assuming they aren’t going to suddenly play him this year, it’s completely in their interests to have him play a season with us and get the deal done, and we should therefore be in a decent position to strike a sensible deal.
Lets face it we will find out (and so will manure) just how good he is cus hes gona be bloody busy next season !!

Tell you what, he'll be glad to get back behind our defence next season.

U21 back line about as effective at stopping shots as a bit of wet bog roll.

Hope Kelly is playing for Bournemouth first game of the season 😃

I agree with some of that, he did really well at times last season and made some mistakes, as most keepers do. What I will say thought is that he was part of a fantastic defence and whilst we'll be tested 100 times more this season, there's a lot to be said for continuity and the fact he knows our defence and they know him.

no love in from me, but I'd definitely have him back this season on loan as he is a really talented young keeper who will do the job I think at premier league level.

He made a few mistakes but made some fantastic saves along the way that kept us in games or kept us ahead. Worth plenty of points over the season

no love in from me, but I'd definitely have him back this season on loan as he is a really talented young keeper who will do the job I think at premier league level.

He made a few mistakes but made some fantastic saves along the way that kept us in games or kept us ahead. Worth plenty of points over the season

Aye love in or not he's a quality keeper, and to get him back again on loan will save us a fair bit in the transfer kitty

Also some slate the 'love in' but you can't easily replicate how well he's taken to the fans/club and vice versa, it goes a long way - see the Villa game and how he performed after that with the fans 100% on his side despite some horrendous mistakes, rather than the fans turning on him as we would have done with many keepers in the past

He was in Morrisons on Meadowhead earlier. Definitely. Saw it on Twitter.

Back training today , Deano looks a bit different from last season ?
3 new signings as well , I must be turning Gay as I fancy 3 of them !!

Seriously I wonder where Deanos training , with Manure ? Will he be back for the Portugal tour , will he be back full stop !

D-Z1dRiX4AEoL7Q.jpg

Back
Top Bottom