Paedo Chant

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

No I know that. He obviously isn’t and they couldn’t rely on that defence.

What I’m getting at is whether they could use fair comment, I.e. an opinion honestly held based on the fact he sent out this video. In the same way that when someone is convicted of murder and they get called “sicko” or “pervert etc when the only actual fact is they’re a convicted murderer.

As ridiculous as that is, I wonder whether someone would try it.
Fair comment went with the 2013 Defamation Act, replaced by honest opinion (which afaik still has to be based on fact)

We were singing deano they just changed it peado for no other reason than it fits and it's an insult.

They sang a lot more than just that. They literally sang at Deano for the entire first half, and by the looks of it the 2nd too but obviously we couldn't hear that end of the ground.

"Jimmy Savile is playing in goal"
"Just a shit Jimmy Savile"
"Paedo"
"We've got Kiko, you've got Paedo"
"Shit scum bastard, ya just a shit scum bastard"
"She said no paedo,she said no, oh paedo she said no"
"We are Leeds, we're not liked, Henderson is a paedophile"

Also were lobbing stuff at him as well.

Do we have 100% confidence it was definitely on his story and not a direct Snap? My worry is that there must be 100s/1000s of Man Utd/Sheff Utd fans that follow him on Snapchat. If it wasn't a direct message, surely loads would've shared their videos to prove otherwise?

I saw the video on Twitter and a Woman/Girl was filming the snap on another phone. The video cuts off as another girl says something along the lines of - "Why you videoing that you weirdo".

Problem is with social media - especially Snapchat, you can seriously hide behind a persona. We don't know the ins and outs. He'd probably never met the girl and they were probs just flirting with eachother (if indeed they were direct messages). Filters are deadly !!

They sang a lot more than just that. They literally sang at Deano for the entire first half, and by the looks of it the 2nd too but obviously we couldn't hear that end of the ground.

"Paedo"

I'd read about this matt, but watching that video confirmed much of what I'd heard. It's an outrageous and harming example of what can happen. Do the football authorities have powers to do anything about this? If it had been racist chanting I doubt there'd be any sluggishness by either the FA or Football League in addressing this. It isn't just Henderson, it's any player who is targeted for vitriol and abuse. They deserve protection as much as the next person.

Fair comment went with the 2013 Defamation Act, replaced by honest opinion (which afaik still has to be based on fact)

Yes, but surely the fact is that this video ended up in the hands of a young girl, not that he is a “paedo”.

Quite clearly this does not make him a paedo in most people’s eyes, but based on the fact this video went out (innocent as it was), someone could claim this was their opinion based on that fact.

Yes, but surely the fact is that this video ended up in the hands of a young girl, not that he is a “paedo”.

Quite clearly this does not make him a paedo in most people’s eyes, but based on the fact this video went out (innocent as it was), someone could claim this was their opinion based on that fact.
They might do, but I doubt they’d be successful.
How many of those chanting that stuff on Saturday actually knew why they were chanting it, too?

They might do, but I doubt they’d be successful.
How many of those chanting that stuff on Saturday actually knew why they were chanting it, too?

Oh very few of them I’m sure!

The worst thing is, if you explained it to them individually outside a football stadium, they’d probably regret shouting it. At the time however, truth is irrelevant.

"Paedo"

I think it was actually

We are Leeds, we are vile so they got one part right at least

So you've got 10,000 screaming you're a paedophile for 90 minutes, then you're supposed to applaud them as you walk of the pitch? Is that what they're saying should happen?

haha do me a favour. You accuse the wrong person of being a paedophile in a pub & you're going home in an ambulance. I think putting you're hands to your ears is about as understated as you could ask for.

I literally think some fans think:

He's a right unprofessional twat that Henderson, I called him a peado all game, abused him every time he had a goal kick and he had the cheek of celebrating winning!

Did you see the Leeds lynch mob sticking their chests out at the front of their Kop. When Hendo turned to them after the final whistle. Fucking Hilarious.

I seem to remember back in the 70,s

Georgie best super star

wears frilly knickers and a Playtex bra

would be very frowned on in these days of gender neutrality

Back
Top Bottom