Favourite players who never played for SUFC

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

FMBlade1

Reaction score
1. Luke Freeman
2. Any player that scores against SWFC

Any more people can think of?

(* meaning those that have done us a massive favour before)

default.jpg

So is the question favourite players that never played for us or players who did us a favour?

If the former then obviously Messi - but a more unsung former player I always loved was Giorgi Kinkladze.

If you mean the latter then that odious little cunt Stephen Hunt scored the goal that got us promoted in 2006 (though we'd have gone up anyway).

Eric Cantona probably did us the biggest favour ever though by telling the piggy bastards to fuck off. Had he joined them they may have won the league that season and can you imagine how insufferable the deluded fuckwits would be had that happened?

TO CLARIFY:

** Players who have done us a favour without ever playing for us**

I’ll go for Kingsley Black.

Played for Luton Town in the 1989/90 season - scored a couple of totally non descript goals around the 5th May 1990....... kept Luton up on goal difference that season would you believe ????

Always liked him !!

I know he never did us a favour, but still my all time favourite. Better than C Ronaldo and Messi in my humble opinion:

29f26a6bbbaeaf1964301bcd4cdd6ec1.jpg

Hounrable mentions to Zidane, Henry & Ronaldinho.

Thierry 'the King' Henry, grew up watching Arsenal in the CL on ITV. What a player he was.

Not really anyone who's done us a favour, but I always respected Luisao at Benfica, great servant to the club. Ederson was a fantastic keeper for them too but they were never going to keep hold of him. Fuck knows what is going on there but it comes to something when Wolves can outspend a club like Benfica for players.

Class acts who I was lucky enough to see play... who in a parallel universe, would have played for the Blades...

Gary Lineker
Kenny Dalglish
John Barnes
Peter Beardsley
Kevin Sheedy - one of the most universally under-rated players but a lynchpin in Kendall's two championship winning sides at Everton.

Not really anyone who's done us a favour, but I always respected Luisao at Benfica, great servant to the club. Ederson was a fantastic keeper for them too but they were never going to keep hold of him. Fuck knows what is going on there but it comes to something when Wolves can outspend a club like Benfica for players.

Don't mind a little Benfica love - I like your taste Crabster

Class acts who I was lucky enough to see play... who in a parallel universe, would have played for the Blades...

Gary Lineker
Kenny Dalglish
John Barnes
Peter Beardsley
Kevin Sheedy - one of the most universally under-rated players but a lynchpin in Kendall's two championship winning sides at Everton.

Sheedy is a great call. I think people tend to forget how good Reid was in that side as well.

Back
Top Bottom