Fleck

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Last seasons player of the year, still has 3 and a half years left on his contract.... Fleck me, double it and we might listen.

What with Bannan worth 8m apparently.

Not worth selling at any cost right now, regardless of recent form there's just no time to find a decent replacement without spending silly money.

Would literally leave us with two CM's..........saying that we sold James Beattie and replaced him with Craig so we probably will.

https://www.skysports.com/app/transfer-centre

14:56

HAMMERS INTERESTED IN FLECK

West Ham are interested in signing Sheffield United midfielder John Fleck, according to Sky sources.

We understands talks have been held regarding a £4m deal.

Fleck, who was Sheffield United’s Player of the Year last season, has three-and-a-half-years left on his contract.

The 27-year-old moved to Bramall Lane on a free transfer after his Coventry City contract ran out in the summer 2016.

14:57

VILLA OPEN TO HOGAN LOAN

Aston Villa are willing to let Scott Hogan go on loan before Thursday’s transfer deadline, with Bristol Cityand Sheffield United understood to be leading the race to agree a deal.

The 26-year old Republic of Ireland striker has failed to score in seven appearances this season with Villa keen to raise funds to boost their defensive options.

Wow, didn't see this happening. At this late stage in the window I'm not so sure we can replace like for like, unless Wilder feels that Fleck is not pulling up any trees and maybe has gone stale, but personally I love Fleck and he's still had a good season for me. I just can't see this happening. However is this why there were rumours of us swapping Will Vaulks with Leon from the Millers. .

Wow, didn't see this happening. At this late stage in the window I'm not so sure we can replace like for like, unless Wilder feels that Fleck is not pulling up any trees and maybe has gone stale, but personally I love Fleck and he's still had a good season for me. I just can't see this happening. It might mean there is truth in us swapping Will Vaulks with Leon from the Millers. .
You don't sell a key player late in January and recover as a promotion contender, End of story.

- Fleck signed a 4-year contract 15 months ago
- 4m is absolutely bob all for a top Championship midfielder in the prime of his career
- this would cripple our midfield
- would he really improve West Ham that much anyway?

This sounds like utter nonsense to me...

Sky says discussing £4m move. Surprised we'd let him go. Might not be playing at his best, but good player for a promotion chase.

UTB

He may not have been at his absolute best this season but if we sell Fleck without a quality replacement lined up then i really do give up.

3 points off automatic and for that piss poor figure at today's prices???

Can't see it but then we haven't done a "Blades Special" attempt to fuck things up for a while.

Tin hat well and truly on...

If this happens it will have a bit of a feel of the Brown sale – i.e potentially going some way to explain his significant dip in performances this season compared to last, as though this has potentially been in the background for a while. If Wilder were ok with it and had an ideal replacement lined up I could live with the sale.

That being said, considering his contract, age, and where he’d be going, we can be asking for a lot more than £4m certainly. This is January too – £4m would seem below his value were this a summer sale...

Madness if its £4m. Well under contract, to a club who piss millions away constantly. Plus its silly season where fees get inflated massively. If theyve come in and he wants to go, then we need to be pulling their pants down and absolutely rinsing them. At 27, a sell on would hardly be worth it either- they only come into play if the next fee is over the original transfer fee.

£10m we’ll listen; even then thats only if we can cover our backs and get someone like MacDonald from Fulham before the window shuts.

You don't sell a key player late in January and recover as a promotion contender, End of story.

I agree as a principle. It the player wants to go and we have someone we can replace him with them I'll reserve judgement but at this late stage it'll be very hard to replace Fleck. As you say he's a key player. The only thing that Fleck could do more with is a few goals, but other than that he has being class, particularly for assists and his overall class in the middle.

Those stupid cunts would think nothing of dangling 50k p/w in front of him so I could easily see him asking for a transfer, regardless of the timing.

I agree as a principle. It the player wants to go and we have someone we can replace him with them I'll reserve judgement but at this late stage it'll be very hard to replace Fleck. As you say he's a key player. The only thing that Fleck could do more with is a few goals, but other than that he has being class, particularly for assists and his overall class in the middle.
If he wants to go this late in January you tell him to get fucked and wait while the summer.

More so, why are West Ham even looking at him?

They bought Hugill for a load of cash last year when he’s never been good enough. Their judgement is a bit questionable.

But more importantly I’ve just bought a Fleck T-shirt. The humanity!

Back
Top Bottom