Gary Sinclair on the Naughty Step

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Fucking hell, I remember that guy on the tannoy at Burnley starting the song "Neil Warnock he's a wanker"!
If I remember right he was also the "I said ya buy one ya get one free" dickehead that did those annoying window adverts in the late 90s.

Anyway, I know Wilder is big on respect and he obviously has a lot for Bruce but that seems a bit pathetic to worry about such a harmless comment.

He plays shit music but yrs ago I'd often often go 'on' turf moor when they had 'a seh ya buuuuuy one ya get one free' twat sack on their tannoy.

There's always a bigger bellend than the one you've got. At least our Gary has some character.

I don't know, if I was a Chesterfield fan busy trying to work out where the hell Stevenage and the rest of League 2 play I might be annoyed by that comment

Chessie are used to playing in League 2 more often than the one above anyway.

However I'm sure he rather meant "6 minutes left in this league" in relation to us not them. But yeah I take your point it could have been interpreted from a Chessie point of view as well. I don't remember any sort of problem about it afterwards for that game but today could be different.

Watching the cricket this morning Kohli was giving Joe Root all kinds of verbals.

Asked how he would have responded Ian Botham said , ' I'd ignore it , and then go into their dressing room at the end of the day with an AK47'. I winced , he's obviously joking but it's still a ridiculous thing to say in this or any climate.

Makes GS's comments look meek in comparison if still a bit daft.

Hardly a sacking offence, but it was a bit cringy. I can understand why people like him, but for me he seems to think he’s on the bill- “Sheffield United v Villa, with special guest host, Gary Sinclair”.

His musical choices are generally terrible as well. How many games under Adkins, Clough, etc did the crowd need lifting/pumping up at half time, yet he played his mate from Boy on a Dolphins dire stuff ad nauseum, or some depressing folk song he liked off Radio 2.

He’s basically an out of touch, cheesy DJ with an ego the size of the moon who only plays stuff he likes and spends half the time showing off to his golfing mates.

Don't think it was that much to worry about personally.

I'm just happy he's stopped playing Tom fucking Hark whenever a goal goes in.

And that utter pile of shite bouncing day song! I’m amazed that didn’t get played at half time every match last season and only got played once.

That song made me wish we hadn’t beat Wednesday, ok I don’t mean that, but you get my point, that song was fucking awful!

He also said something along the lines of "6 minutes left in this league" in the Chessie game which I found a little funny, although thats not really offensive to anyone in particular.

In regards to today let's hope it doesn't go any further he's obviously just got a little too carried away!
Although Chesterfield got relegated didn't they?

Not sure if you were at the Hull game but I think they might be blooding in a new lad (much younger than the usual stand-in). He did about half the announcements along with Gary. It makes sense if that's what they were doing as it was a small crowd so he was less likely to get stage fright or whatever.
Was Richie Pearson, Hallam FM presenter, big blade. Gerrim in!

Why does it have to get announced anyway?

Everyone can see the board with a number on it. Well unless you are blind that is. Or drunk. Or blind drunk. Or in the bogs.

It’s generally a cue for the impatient to get up and try and get to the front of the queue.

Gary Sinclair is a nobwipe. Very dislikeable man. I wouldn’t apologise for him though, just take folks to Maggie Mays for half an hour & they would understand.

He is an arrogant pick.

His main job should be to let the fans know the teams who are playing, he does this after the teams are out, against Norwich he didn't even read their subs out.

I am in the Lane a good half hour before kick off, and he has the team sheet, so no excuses, I did speak to him direct re this, and he said "Everyone gets them online mate"
Go to an away game, see how it is done Gary.

He also introduced our new signing Martin Crane!!

Fucking embarrassing.

For those saying it’s only a joke:

1. Our fans would be moaning like fuck if an announcer did it at an away game where we were getting spanked.
2. The bloke is an employee of the club and should show respect to the opposition. The FA have a respect campaign, we can hardly let club employees make pissing taking jokes at the opposition’s expence.

Good job it wasn't me ,'fortunately for that cabbage faced cunt over there and his little rent boy little pony there are only 2 minutes for you to think about your excuses and get up off the floor to do your hair'....'Actually there is one now. One more minute to laugh at that useless twat with the beard in your defence.'

Must admit, i laughed when i heard it and didn't think it was disrespectful, i took it in the way that GS has explained. Having said that, i fully understand why Wilder would want to protect the club, and i get why he has offered our apologies.

Always got the impression Sinclair has a hard on for himself. His wit is about as funny as Pinchy's. I wouldn't mind a change.

Back
Top Bottom