Ched Evans: How many goals for ANOTHER chance here?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Ched Evans: How many goals for ANOTHER chance here?

• Total voters
I’ll bite - I’ve never received a text from an acquaintance saying “I’ve got a bird” and proceeded to bunk into a cheap hotel, take my turn after the acquaintance to have sex with a drunk woman with my mates sniggering outside the window, and then finally sneak out via the fire escape.

Hand on heart, I’ve never done that - or anything remotely like it. Never lived, obviously.

I’m with blader and Nick Jansky - I think Ched’s a scumbag and I’d rather we didn’t have him at the Lane. Re-signing him from Chesterfield quite obviously had McCabe’s finger prints all over it, and I’ll be relieved when the whole sorry saga comes to an end and we don’t have to have the interminable threads on here, suggesting he ‘just needs a pre-season’.

My point is that he's 30 in a few months and has had about 8 months of decent form in his career and that was 7 years ago. Morality, injuries etc aside, would we be interested in any other striker with that footballing track record?
well its very rare for a footballer to lose 5 years to a miscarriage of justice
if things do even out it would be karma that he gets a second wind

he had a decent time at norwich too
and was a welsh international so your deleting large swaithes of his career for your argument

I’ll bite - I’ve never received a text from an acquaintance saying “I’ve got a bird” and proceeded to bunk into a cheap hotel, take my turn after the acquaintance to have sex with a drunk woman with my mates sniggering outside the window, and then finally sneak out via the fire escape.

Hand on heart, I’ve never done that - or anything remotely like it. Never lived, obviously.

Clearly.

Who exactly is "forgiving him". I see people thinking he should be allowed to get on with his career.

As 8lade says, who draws the line and why should anyone on here think it's them?

well its very rare for a footballer to lose 5 years to a miscarriage of justice
if things do even out it would be karma that he gets a second wind

he had a decent time at norwich too
and was a welsh international so your deleting large swaithes of his career for your argument
OK I'll give you 10 goals for Norwich and 1 for Wales, both over 10 years ago.

He's also been back playing for over 2 years now, how long does he need to get up to speed ?

Last edited:
You know I foolishly thought that once he moved onto Fleetwood we would not have many threads about Evans on here for a while, but they keep popping up like zits on a teenagers face.

If he’s still scoring goals regularly come December fair enough but until then can we drop it?

OK I'll give you 10 goals for Norwich and 1 for Wales, both over 10 years ago.

He's also been back playing for over 2 years now, how long does he need to get up to speed ?

came out got a kbee injury
scored 2 in 3 for fleetwood

shoots of recovery , and a desire to get back which a lot of players dont have

Fuck sake, do some of our fans have pictures of Ched on their bedroom ceilings?

But again. Think of the argument you’re putting forward. ‘Other players have done bad stuff so we should be able to forgive Ched for doing what he did.’

Bored of having this conversation with the odd fan that’s able to ignore all moral grounding on the basis of ‘but sir, he did a bad thing too, so it’s ok’
No my argument is your massively overhyping what he did. We don't need to forgive ched for anything, that's ridiculous. Whats he supposed to say " Sorry to everybody for getting convicted of a crime i didnt commit and losing a chunk of my life" There's only one person that ched did wrong and she forgave him, I find it very strange you can't.(Even though he did feck all to you)

I’m with blader and Nick Jansky - I think Ched’s a scumbag and I’d rather we didn’t have him at the Lane. Re-signing him from Chesterfield quite obviously had McCabe’s finger prints all over it, and I’ll be relieved when the whole sorry saga comes to an end and we don’t have to have the interminable threads on here, suggesting he ‘just needs a pre-season’.

Fuck me Hague, if you've an axe to grind best to get things off your chest mate .

P.S I've heard the voyeuristic mate of Cheds taking pickies of him through the hotel window was McCabe :eek:

No my argument is your massively overhyping what he did. We don't need to forgive ched for anything, that's ridiculous. Whats he supposed to say " Sorry to everybody for getting convicted of a crime i didnt commit and losing a chunk of my life" There's only one person that ched did wrong and she forgave him, I find it very strange you can't.(Even though he did feck all to you)

I’m going to be honest pal, I don’t find your arguments strong in anyway

Sorry to pull the cliche argument out, but: Hitler, Mugabe, Harold Shipman, Yorkshire Ripper etc they never did anything to me either. Shall we just forgive them then? I don’t understand your point there.

Also, if you think she forgave him, what planet are you on? Not even going to address that.

And who are you to say I’m overhyping what he did? It’s how it resonates with me, and you have no gauge of that. Just because you don’t think what he did was ‘that bad’ doesn’t mean other people may think differently. I think it’s an horrendous thing to do, personally, and you telling my I’m overhyping it, isn’t going to change that.

Ofcourse all this is futile, as he will never play for us again, but the arguments you’re putting forward are very weak

It’s rare that is agree with every word of a post, but here it is.

I’m amazed Ched threads still run to six pages. He’s simply not good enough for the championship now, regardless of whether he ever was. It was a terrible signing from a morality, hassle or Football point of view. We saw a cheap way to buy goals and took it, without thinking of the wider picture.

Sorry to pull the cliche argument out, but: Hitler, Mugabe, Harold Shipman, Yorkshire Ripper etc they never did anything to me either. Shall we just forgive them then? I don’t understand your point there.

Also, if you think she forgave him, what planet are you on? Not even going to address that.

And who are you to say I’m overhyping what he did? It’s how it resonates with me, and you have no gauge of that. Just because you don’t think what he did was ‘that bad’ doesn’t mean other people may think differently. I think it’s an horrendous thing to do, personally, and you telling my I’m overhyping it, isn’t going to change that.

Ofcourse all this is futile, as he will never play for us again, but the arguments you’re putting forward are very weak
My arguments are not weak, your just so far in the extreme you can't see the obvious.
It is not for YOU to forgive. He doesn't need nor want YOUR forgiveness. He has done nothing to you. You can detest what he's done all you like, he still owes you and other people like you nothing.

Obviously mentioning the characters in history you have is in no way comparable to Ched so we can step over that.
As for his Mrs forgiving him, we'll they seem to be getting on with there life together and I seem to recall her saying as much.
Ok ill change my statement on overhyping. By modern day standards your overhyping it. By 19th century Catholic Ireland your bang on the money.You seem to think the majority have to go along with your view otherwise we have no sense of ethics. I'm just pointing out that's bollocks. It's not blind support because he was our best player, it's because what happened to him was a disgrace and everyone should be happy the miscarriage of justice was overturned.
As much as it pains you, if ched stays fit and plays well he WILL play for us again. I and many others hope he does.

Yet another post about football goes down the pan because of judgement from people not qualified to do so, also judgement that’s not warranted because we’ve done this to death.

Kevin mcabe allegedly got his 3million pound striker to sign a contract while he was in jail which was accepted, in the grand scheme regardless of any opinion we’re not important in this one and neither were any fans opinions from the clubs point of view, were deals done things signed and solicitors involved ?.

Anyway, with the current striker issue he shouldn’t have left, the way he has been frozen out and then sent out on loan with the first club to ask might tell you how much wilder actually wanted him in the first place ( ps, injured / unfit, like brooks who is flying in his first two games, use your loaf) wilder froze him out as soon as he could..

Brooks and Evans were both benched for different reasons as I believe brooks was a done deal after the failed bid in January, he was being protected from getting injured and was probably on a pre contract agreement with bournmouth, hence the very early transfer, he wasn’t still suffering from GF and that’s my opinion based on seeing him running about on London road with the other young lads who were not in the squad one Saturday before jumping into the merc and driving off laughing..

The U turn on lavery should be enough to let you know Ched will be a Fleetwood player very shortly, so don’t panic, the nasty man will be gone soon, that is until another nasty man turns up..

Brooks and Evans were both benched for different reasons as I believe brooks was a done deal after the failed bid in January, he was being protected from getting injured and was probably on a pre contract agreement with bournmouth, hence the very early transfer, he wasn’t still suffering from GF and that’s my opinion based on seeing him running about on London road with the other young lads who were not in the squad one Saturday before jumping into the merc and driving off laughing..

Wilder lying again!

Word count:
1 x 'I believe'
1 x 'probably'
1 x 'my opinion'

Have you thought about getting job with the Sun?

Ched's a bit of a rogue, no doubt, but comparing him to Hitler is a bit OTT. Hitler was shit at football anyway.

My arguments are not weak, your just so far in the extreme you can't see the obvious.
It is not for YOU to forgive. He doesn't need nor want YOUR forgiveness. He has done nothing to you. You can detest what he's done all you like, he still owes you and other people like you nothing.

Obviously mentioning the characters in history you have is in no way comparable to Ched so we can step over that.
As for his Mrs forgiving him, we'll they seem to be getting on with there life together and I seem to recall her saying as much.
Ok ill change my statement on overhyping. By modern day standards your overhyping it. By 19th century Catholic Ireland your bang on the money.You seem to think the majority have to go along with your view otherwise we have no sense of ethics. I'm just pointing out that's bollocks. It's not blind support because he was our best player, it's because what happened to him was a disgrace and everyone should be happy the miscarriage of justice was overturned.
As much as it pains you, if ched stays fit and plays well he WILL play for us again. I and many others hope he does.

To be honest, this will be my last response to you. Such a ‘brexit’ attitude you have based on your last statement. You know it’s detrimental to the harmony of the supporters but you want it, so bollocks to them.

You have your beliefs, I have mine. But I think you’ll find an overhwhelming majority of the country’s football fans would be unwilling to have Evans play for their team. It is your view that is the minority of the country, and what is a closer divide just within SUFC, based on past successes. Anyway, good luck mate, it’s a shame your pal won’t be playing for blades next season.

Like I said, we don’t need to go down this route..

Its about a football issue, or it should be..

To be honest, this will be my last response to you. Such a ‘brexit’ attitude you have based on your last statement. You know it’s detrimental to the harmony of the supporters but you want it, so bollocks to them.

You have your beliefs, I have mine. But I think you’ll find an overhwhelming majority of the country’s football fans would be unwilling to have Evans play for their team. It is your view that is the minority of the country, and what is a closer divide just within SUFC, based on past successes. Anyway, good luck mate, it’s a shame your pal won’t be playing for blades next season.

But I think you’ll find an overhwhelming majority of the country’s football fans would be unwilling to have Evans play for their team.

You know this how, exactly? Just asking for a friend.

Back
Top Bottom