Open training session

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

From the pig end

Reaction score
Is it in the morning?
Who's going?
Have I imagined it?
I seem to remember it's a small scale open day as well, I'm sure theres an autograph session after.

I'd like to take the little un to meet a few players so hopefully the autograph part goes ahead still afterwards.

Who's idea was it to have an open training session on a Monday morning? I understand it is the school holidays but god, talk about random. Surely a week or so before the start of the season would have been better and enabled more people to attend.

Who's idea was it to have an open training session on a Monday morning? I understand it is the school holidays but god, talk about random. Surely a week or so before the start of the season would have been better and enabled more people to attend.
No idea. Annoying really.
I had to take the day off especially.
It was great to see them all but it was very much an open training session rather than an actual open day.
Loads of kids there and I'm assuming most of the dad's that took them had to pull some strings or call in work with their best poorly voice this morning.

Was good to see them training but i sadly had to fob the autograph business off afterwards, right queue and places i had to be!

Just some fat guy, think he works at the club.

He's always hanging around especially on Saturday's. Seen him around the dugout area on match days i think he fancies his self has a manager. Probably still plays Sensible Soccer.

Apparently they were expecting 1000 and about 5000 turned up. Queues to meet the players was huge. They all went for their lunch at 1.30 for a hour which didn't help the queues!

Always good when the club put this kind of thing on, would be good to get the old open day back... But they've been pretty regularly doing stuff in the school holidays of late.

Sat in the John St stand in about 81 at October half term for an open day. All I remember was Keith Edwards not putting a shift in. Considering he was one of my heroes at the time it was very disappointing to see him have so little interest in his fans. Bit like some of his comments on the radio now.. great goal scorer but always thought he had one eye on the clock/door/ bus to leeds...

Here’s the equivalent photo from Wednesdays open training session with their manager..

2k1mz9.jpg

Apparently they were expecting 1000 and about 5000 turned up. Queues to meet the players was huge. They all went for their lunch at 1.30 for a hour which didn't help the queues!
Was it two fishes and five loaves of bread the Messiah provided?

But they were signing autographs for three hours apparently. Good on em

Not surprised i saw a video of the queue. Must be hour wait at least, started by ticket office, past shop, half way up the road down to the turnstiles then back up almost to the street

Was good to see Coutts on the pitch he looked fit and raring to go

Nice to hear all the kids shouting Billy Sharp, he’ll always get us goals but I’ve got a feeling he’s got something to prove this season and will play a big part for us

It was good took the little one and really enjoyed it. Couldn’t deal with the que and that was after I was init for 1 hour.

Training was excellent and although I knew AK handled training he handled 100% of training with CW watching on. It’s a good set up as can see CW analysing everything and getting everyone to not drop their standard.

Very enjoyable.

Back
Top Bottom